1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2015-2016] Jeremy Lin as a Charlotte Hornet

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by swyyyguy, Jul 8, 2015.

1. ThisVoice

ThisVoice Member

No, it was the Rockets that gift wrapped all these fouls for Lin. Howard, Terry, and Bev gave Lin 6 FTs when there was absolutely no need to foul him.

2. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

Lin actually played pretty decent. 5 AST 1 TO, 15 pts in just 20 something minutes.

3. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The linsects don't comprehend lin as a role player, only as a idol they worship

2 people like this.
  4. yoeddy

yoeddy Contributing Member

Lin has been the team's best defender this season.

Team loss, but Walker shooting 3/10, Hairston shooting 2/12 and Batum shooting 3/11 were bigger factors than Lin missing late FTs and Zeller getting blocked at the rim. Hawes going 1/5 and Lamb going 3/9 didn't help, either.

5. yoeddy

I'm confused here. You said "don't ever mention Michael Jordan and Lin in a playoff basketball analogy ever again." So I made very sure not to mention Michael Jordan and Lin in a playoff basketball analogy per your instructions...my comment was very specifically about Michael Jordan's comments about acquiring Lin in the off-season. And you respond by telling me I need to learn how to read...what didn I read incorrectly?

6. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

Isn't that sad?

He's having a decent year as a backup but he cost them the game with missed free throws, and he was only fouled due to the stupidity of Houston defenders.

Watching him in clutch time reminded me of how I am glad he is no longer a Rocket. Everyone here remembers his "heroics" vs. Portland before coughing up the ball to Mo Williams.

7. bigben69

bigben69 Member

I don't mind Lin overall, he is ok for a backup but Lin deserves all the hate he gets for his hair alone. It is terrible.

8. yoeddy

So Walker, Batum, Hairston and Lamb all shooting poorly didn't cost them the game?

9. Camarograna2

Camarograna2 Contributing Member

10. tinman

Supporting Member

What lin fans don't understand about rockets fans is that our standards are high. This is not the organization to,develop lin's game , this organization wants a championship.

What hurts lin fans is that the rockets are the team that has yao ming, and their stinky tofu race card doesn't work on us.

His fans are unbelievably insecure so they join all the basketball boards that they can to spread their love for him like it was cream cheese on toast.

If they say they care about the rockets, it's a lie.

They are still here cause the other sites banned them and they aren't smart enough to make their own sites.

On top of that they are all the same.
    It's not like rockets fans where we all all unique.

11. yoeddy

Ty Lawson rocks...

12. tinman

Supporting Member

You have no team or a real personality lin fan
    Lin fans are all the same

13. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Nobody is saying Lin is an all star. He's an average player, and he had an average game. Low double digits, average assists, stats right around his career average which is average for an NBA guard.
    TJones won the game for the Rockets with his big plays: a great and-one and his Zeller block. Lin didn't lose the game for the Hornets by choking on his FTs, he merely didn't give them an opportunity to tie. The Hornets still would've had to make a couple of desperation threes with no TOs to use.

Overall, I am happier with the Rockets win. I turned on a stream when it was down to the final 2 minutes and I was shocked that it was a tie game, but the Hornets have been surprisingly good this year and the Rockets have been slumping. Glad they pulled out the win. But that saying "some men just want to watch the world burn", this thread would've been gold if the Rockets lost, and I would have made popcorn and enjoyed the post-game entertainment. :grin:

14. tinman

Supporting Member

Dude nothing is new if the rockets won or lost.

Lin Only fans must have their ankles broken every day for joining team sites

15. yoeddy

What is a "real personality lin fan"?

16. yoeddy

I thought you were a Rockets fan? But you don't care if the Rockets won or lost?

17. tinman

Supporting Member

You still can't understand English.

Win or lose lin fans are not true basketball fans.

When i said we rockets fans, you are not included

18. yoeddy

Houston was up by 4 with 17 seconds left when Lin took those FTs. Super-interesting that Houston fans believe the Rockets would have lost if Lin had hit his FTs.

19. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

LOL!

Sure you are!

20. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

what a great game to go to last night. i love my thread. :grin: