1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2015-2016] Jeremy Lin as a Charlotte Hornet

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by swyyyguy, Jul 8, 2015.

1. colt45nyc

colt45nyc Rookie

Before Lin we have Goran and Lowry...not even in the playoffs...is it these players mistakes or the team as a whole to blame?

2. colt45nyc

colt45nyc Rookie

Tinsane is not a real rocket fan...he's is a pile of poop poop.

3. colt45nyc

colt45nyc Rookie

Lin was on the bench that last play of the series against Portland...who on the rockets is to be blamed for allowing that open 3 pointer? As I remember, Lin played lock down defense on Lillard that playoff game.

4. sew

sew Member

Wanting the Rockets to lose just so you can see this thread meltdown is pretty pathetic.

It also might be time to admit that Lin is a pretty good role player.

5. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Rockets fans always want the rockets to win

Lin fans only want lin to win

Anyone who wants lin to win to see a reaction is a lin fan

6. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

So basically you are just defending Lin to be a contrarian... got it. Lin is definitely not a scrub, though it is interesting to see how he has swung back and forth from the extremes of being overrated and underrated. IMO Lin is a fringe starter due to his inconsistency. At his best, he is very much a solid starter. At his worst, he can be very scrubby. That said, no NBA team in their right mind would take the risk of building an entire team around him just to see what Lin can do no matter how fervently his fans wish for that to happen.

As for the Portland series, he definitely wasn't the only reason we lost, but he is one of biggest reasons. The biggest problem with Lin is he tries for a lot of home run or high risk plays rather than doing the safe and smart thing and he does it often at the biggest moments in the game. T-Jones letting Aldridge go off on him was bad, but we were still in the game and series despite that and Harden's poor performances. They certainly didn't help, but one can argue that the games were still very much winnable, at least until Lin's mistakes. Even his pass to Troy Daniels was IMO a poor and very risky decision that happened to work out. The whole trying to score instead of dribbling out the clock and then not calling a time out like any smart PG would have done. These are very much decisions that are ON HIM as far as I am concerned.

7. ThisVoice

ThisVoice Member

I don't think there was any way to win that series if Harden didn't play well. This team will go as far as Harden takes them. If Harden performed as great as he was in the regular season I would argue we would have won that series.

8. yoeddy

yoeddy Contributing Member

This makes absolutely no sense.

9. King1

King1 Contributing Member

I don't hate Lin at all. I actually like him as a person. Just because I don't think he's a good basketball player doesn't reflect on how I judge his character. I think he's a dime a dozen bench player and clearly I'm right. We had to give away a 1st round pick to get rid of him, the Lakers benched him and nobody wanted him this offseason.

10. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

This is the official game thread, a lot of virgins have a lot riding on this game tonight

11. yoeddy

Yes, because the Lakers are clearly making good decisions these last two season and Charlotte didn't give him a contract to sign.

12. tinman

Supporting Member

The lakers don't miss lin.
    Only lin fans think they do.

Players come and go all the time on teams. He did nothing for them.

Lin is part of a better team now, he wasn't starting point guard material and they would rather have clarkson and Russell.

Lins make up lin situations in their head. It's not reality

13. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

I don't think Lin is a great player by any means, he's a solid role player.

But I don't agree with your logic

What the Rockets (or Lakers) did for their own financial or strategic decisions, doesn't arbitrarily define a player's abilities.

We also gave Ty Lawson $12 Million, and he's definitely not playing like a $12 Million player. Actually $2 Million Lin is better than $12 Million Lawson. So there goes your argument.

14. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

is lin playing well this year for only $2 million tinmac's worst nightmare?

15. tinman

Supporting Member

Tmac's years with the rockets just dissapointing every year and his fans like swy something are so dumb

16. KDZ

KDZ Member

any predictions on his performance tonight?

17. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Going to the game.

I'll report all of Lins dumb turnovers.

You know they're coming

18. yoeddy

No idea what you're talking about. No one cares if the Lakers miss Lin or not. The Lakers are about Byron Scott bending over for Kobe. Lin fans are super-happy that Lin was able to get out of there.

19. yoeddy

Bev makes more than Lin did with the Rockets, too. Lin was definitely underpaid for what he contributed to the Rockets.

20. tinman

Supporting Member

What? Lin got a big 3 year contract from morey.

Lin fans don't know math.

Portland got their money's worth from lin.