1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden is 100th in FG%........no more ball hoggin'

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by deb4rockets, Dec 19, 2015.

1. tcadriel

tcadriel Member

Harden..... Sigh.. He makes it hard to be a Rockets fan.

2. badboy321

badboy321 Member

never stop hating stay classy 90% of clutchfans

3. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I agree...this team is way better when Harden is assisting his teammates and they are moving and cutting to the basket. His ability to create but pass instead of try to score makes this team better. If he is just iso-ing and trying to do all on his own...this team is only a single threat and not nearly as dangerous. I like this balanced Harden we saw last night. I wish he were around more. There were times Harden was running this team and so much player movement that it looked like another team altogether...a team that excites and I want to watch. I hope we see more of it. Harden looked like another player last night.

4. SergioValencia

You call people stupid but let me ask you this, genius: what evidence is there that makes you think Harden will shoot far BETTER than his career averages for the rest of the season? Because that's what it'll take for him to "average" out his percentages this season, because of the low percentages he's recorded thus far. You do realize that's how averages work, don't you?

5. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Why is OP allowed to start the same thread over and over and over and over again?

6. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

7. jsd59

jsd59 Member

Stupid fans

I see a bunch of fans that dont know crap about basketball .i think i need to stop reading this board .....get rid of harden.....who gonna lead this team ...dwight beverly brewer....yall are crazy

8. OpenLayup-Why3?

When your point guard (Haren) takes most shots it's always a bad thing. When your point guard can't finish an open layup with both hands that's a problem too.

9. OpenLayup-Why3?

I literally quit basketball last year because pointguards/friends of mine were too selfish and took 3rd of team's shots in every game. I am 100% with Howard, it's ****ing sucks big time when you work so hard and don't get rewarded with the ball. Then you stop working hard and people think it's all your fault, not the guy's who has the ball all the time and takes all the shots. At least my point guard ball hogs could play defense.

10. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

With today's players' efficiency going up, there's no excuse for a player of Harden's caliber to be shooting 40%. Just simply no excuse.

I think that's OP's point. The league is catering to players like Harden and his skillset. 45% should be the minimum for him.

If he shoots 45%, the team's W-L record would flip by like 5-6 games and it's a different story.

11. MistaK

MistaK Member

Thanks for the info genius. Nah I didn't know that that is how averages work. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Even last year he started off slow, granted nowhere near as horribly from the field as this year, but still.

All the evidence I need is that he has done it in the past. I don't doubt that he is very capable of getting hot and staying hot for weeks. His shooting hasn't even been horrible, it just looks that way because he started off the season so extremely COLD

2014-15

Oct 37% (36% 3FG)
    Nov 41% (33 % 3FG)
    Dec 48% (39% 3FG)

2015-2016

Oct 26% (14 % 3FG)
    Nov 42% (32% 3FG)
    Dec 43% (40% 3FG)

12. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

Most NBA fans these days are educated enough to understand that FG% isn't a good indicator of efficiency since it doesn't account for free throws or the additional point on 3 pointers.

Harden's TS% is 57.4%. That's certainly down from Harden's normal elite level but it is better that the TS% of Kyle Lowry, LeBron ,Russell Westbrook, Blake Griffin, Kevin Love , Tim Duncan, Jimmy Butler, Al Horford, Anthony Davis, DeMar DeRosen,Damian Lillard, John Wall, Bradley Beal,LeMarcus Aldridge or DeMarcus Cousins.

That's how efficient Harden is. Even when he's shooting horribly, he's still efficient.

For those who want to judge by something as simplistic as FG%, I'm curious if you also think that Step Curry should shoot less since he's only 4th in FG% on his team?

1 person likes this.
  13. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

I'll be waiting for the responses to this.

14. a711

a711 Member

keep waiting. Most of the people here don't get it.

15. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Good memory...I think. There apparently is two accounts, maybe by the same OP.

deb4rockets
    deb4rockets5

the 2nd account has two Harden bashing threads almost identical to this topic. This OP only has this one. Maybe OP lost his password and created a new one?

16. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

You won't get any, everyone is busy bashing James,Dwight and looking to trade them both. When someone actually post facts they crawl back in their holes.

17. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

The only fact I see is 14-14

18. SergioValencia

Right, because the past guarantees the future :rolleyes: Do yourself a favor and never engage in stock trading.

19. OpenLayup-Why3?

I was about to make a new thread but I remembered this thread. Means I'm not an all time great.
    So, remember that harden's foot locker commercial where barkley was teaching James that all great players had short memory? Actually it was a selective memory to be precise. But the point is, Haren is literally taking that advice and applies to his life.

[​IMG]

20. Rocketeer4Life

I agree. Harden can be a ball hogger and poison the offense of the team. He needs to let the game come to him and get everyone involved every night. A superstar is someone who makes their teammates better and not necessarily be the top scorer of the team. His ball hogging and last minute passes to 3 pt shooters makes the offense very predictable.