1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Rockets looking for a scorer off the bench

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Dec 17, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Tubbin'

Tubbin' Member

No bc he will get butthurt ... He'll start pouting that someone is playing better than him but his ass won't do anything to make it better with his terrible defense, lazy ass walking up the court, relying on getting fouls and having no movement on the court. At some point he's gotta know that he has to evolve if he really wants to be MVP. I just don't see it happening, I don't think he's motivated enough to put in work. Bull**** commercial.

2. Raven

Raven Member

SF all over again. Hero ball sucks.

3. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

You guys are rich you know. When harden isn't aggressive he's lazy when he is he's a ball hog dude can't win. Meanwhile you got guys like brewer Jones and Lawson who couldn't earn a spot on a d league team right now but harden is the main problem? Have you seen the rockets play? Did you see the 4 rebounds effort by a 23 million dollar player who refuses to set a pick correctly and cries about touches but can't shoot free throws can't catch a pass and can't post up. It's just hilarious how people need a scapegoat when the entire team sucks. Any one who.has seen brewer play and call harden the main problem needs their eye sight checked.

4. 1Deep

1Deep Member

Agree 100% Unfortunately I think it will be Harden's next team that will benefit from the lessons he will learn here. We'll be sick watching him give effort defensively and trusting his teammates on offense.

5. malakas

malakas Member

Our halfcourt defence is around league average. Our transition defence is rock bottom. That's why we are so bad defensively.
    Howard won't help with transition defence much.
    Ariza has to cover a lot of times pfs and even c(lol) and can't leak out fast.
    Beverly won't do anything about transition.

Lawson gets 2 minutes nowadays. How can you blame him for the perfomance of the team on the court??

6. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Maybe if he didn't get blocked or played defense or took open shots he'd get more playing time.

7. malakas

malakas Member

but he won't. What you don't understand?
    Brew = salary dump
    Lawson = useless hopefully salary dumped somewhere for free.

These two are gone. Useless and gone.

Harden is there to stay for years and years. Why you find so strange when people are focusing on the STAR and CAPTAIN of the team with the highest usage by far from anyone else and with the most minutes? That is our franchise cornerstone?

8. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

Until Harden completely commits to playing defense 100% all out and not take possessions off this team won't turn around!!!! He's the key. Him complaining about playing to many minutes was not a good sign for this franchise. I love Hardens offensive game but he needs to play balls to the wall on both ends of the court and then his minutes will naturally come down.

9. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

This is ridiculous.

Over the past 23 games of this season his numbers, usage, basically everything other than his defense is exactly at the same level as last year. There were no chemistry problems last year.

If you truly believe the downfall of this season is his defensive effort then this dude must have been a defensive machine last season. Reality is he wasn't that great on defense last year and what he is doing this year isn't that far off from the year before.

So how is this all coming down on him? He has the ball almost the same amount as last year, he's putting up identical numbers across the board over the overwhelming majority of this season compared to last, yet still it's his fault.

Doesn't add up to me. We're losing because the teams defense is a joke. Harden going from a 3-4 level defender(on a 1-10 scale) down to a 2-3 level defender isn't the reason our defensive went from top 10 to bottom 5.

I think it's pretty simple. The team is losing because of piss poor defense across the board. Harden obviously is not a very likable guy to many here so he's an easy target to lash out at. But when you really step back and look at the production he is giving, the amount he has the ball and compare it to last season there is next to no change.

So why NOW is he the cancer, killing team chemistry? Last year this same guy doing the same thing was the players MVP. Untradable top 5 player.

2 people like this.
  10. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

You call them useless but harden is the main problem it makes no sense. But it's cool I'm done defending him I'm just realizing it's not logical you just like the team need one person to blame. It's not just one person were not going anywhere til we figure that out.

11. Tubbin'

Tubbin' Member

I agree with you that jones and brewer are problems. Ship them out, i dont care. But the reason why im personally hard on harden is that morey brought him here to build around him. To me harden is the main problem because hes supposed to be leading this team but he looks disinterested, doesnt play defense and on plenty of occasions the guy walks up the court. I think his motivation is gone. Hes 26, he has room for improvement. Hes not elite and making his game better like playing without the ball will get his team involved and make him better. i just dont think he wants all that anymore.

12. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

i thought Thronton was supposed to play this role for us.

i like Rodney Hood.

13. Drogba

Drogba Member

Couldn't have said it any better myself. Harden should've been DPOY last year if him playing with effort on defense is the reason we were ranked 6th last year and are 27th this season.

Even in his first two seasons here we weren't anywhere near this bad. We were League average. 12/13 (16th) 13/14 (13th).

14. kwakmeister

kwakmeister Contributing Member

Sign me up for Nick Young, I actually didnt think he was that good, just hyped due to LAL. Looking at his stats he's actually quite decent.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/y/youngni01.html

Career 37.7% 3 point shooter. 40.1% this year.
    18.6 pts per 36.
    Career per 100 possessions, off rtg 105 def rtg 113. This year 111-114.

He's 6'7 and looks built. He would replace Brewer? at the backup 3. I see no reason LAL takes Brewer for him unless we sweeten the deal. I had seen awhile back Nick Young was not part of the Lakers future, but because I generally dont care for the lakers I didnt bother to read the article, so I dont know why and if theres any truth to that.

1 person likes this.
  15. malakas

malakas Member

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Time to make my first sig.

16. Tubbin'

Tubbin' Member

But yet the whole thread started bc we looking for help on offense....

17. ibm

ibm Member

why every thread, no matter what, ends up with a harden discussion? it's boring. but i guess it happens for a reason.

this team is in deep sh-t. safe to say everyone can see that.

this team is in deep sh-t... because of many problems (defense being the biggest one)... that stem from harden. not everyone can see the latter, i guess.

many harden fans amuse me. when it comes to achievement, its all harden. when its problems, its the entire team.
    sorry, cant have it both ways.

18. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Read it again.

19. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

I thought we were all harden fans? Lol hmm

20. ibm

ibm Member

wow, harden the dpoy. was that a new low or a new high? i am lost...