1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Rockets looking for a scorer off the bench

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Dec 17, 2015.

Tags:
  1. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

I like both players, they can play, but Harden seems to be a big problem on this team. It will be very tough for Morey to manage Harden if he is a cancer, then team can not go anywhere. Why do we so many losers in USA? Those guys are paid so much money to play the dammit ball, but they refuse to do their jobs. You never see something like that in Scola, Dirk, Yao, Gasol, Ginobili etc.

2. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Nice, would love to get Williams + Bass + Sacre. Good hardworking group of guys, Bass is a good defender at the 4 who can hit midrange and a servicable 3pt shooter. Sacre is just nice to have as insurance when Dwight sits to rest.

3. rocketsmetalspd

Can't wait that long, the team needs to make a move ASAP. TJones + filler for scoring punch off the bench and Brewer in January for something else.

4. malakas

malakas Member

Just because cyber let us know of this trade talk doesnt mean there aren't more going on right now regarding the rest of the players. In Fact I bet there are.

5. Caesar

Caesar Member

Willing to let go of Brewer. I'd trade him for some Star Wars tickets.

6. finsraider

finsraider Member

If including TJones would help us clear Brewer's contract, I'd be all for it.

7. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

I'm trying to understand the purpose of this reply but you have me a bit confused. Are you upset that we suggested past players and being dramatic about it or are you just upset in general making you prone to random idiotic outbursts?

8. ibm

ibm Member

if the goal of this season is still to win it all, then ofc.

but we're looking at jbb as the hc. i cant be convinced.

9. hooroo

hooroo Member

It won't. That's why they should go after McConnell to run the second unit. If that happens, I like the chances of Brewer coming good again.

10. thirdengine

thirdengine Member

Where's Delfino? I miss that guy

11. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

No one would take brewer for star wars tickets the tickets are more valuable at this point. Maybe a bag of chips and a can of random off brand soda and you'd probably have a deal.

12. malakas

malakas Member

Philly will need a point guard back. We don't have a pg that will match with McConnell's contract and quite frankly if Philly isn't willing to give up their Okc/Miami late picks there is noone to be had for the rest of their trash.
    Simply he is not available.

Btw Marshall as I expected looks awful and Wroten had a mini public breakdown on social media yesterday when everyone accused him of not being a real pg. Philly is not trading McConnell.

13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

How funny that many of us said that, and folks did not want to believe it. It is obvious to anyone that doesn't have their head in the sand, that he is the primary problem with the team chemistry wise...and is driving the team into the ground.

Someone needs to take control away from Harden, he is not ready to drive the ship fully yet.

DD

14. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

He's not the primary problem he is the primary source of blame on the team I agree there.

15. DaDakota

He is the problem - he is trying to do far too much out there, and his teamates are getting tired of not touching the ball on offense and it is KILLING this team's chemistry.

If you ever played ball, no one likes playing with a ball hog, they tolerate it if that guy is always making or not turning it over and the team is winning but the first time he slumps, or starts playing badly it all falls apart.

And here we are....

Harden is not a good passer, he is an OK one, he is Jeremy Lin like in his passing a 1-1 assist to turnover ratio SUCKS for the primary ball handler.

Someone needs to take the ball away from Harden and force him to play off of it more often......that is why I am barking so much about having a coach that can get through to Harden and explain that he can actually do MORE by doing less.

DD

1 person likes this.
  16. Tubbin'

Tubbin' Member

I think Marcus is the one doing that... Except he didn't play in the first few games and for some reason he gets his first minutes in the third qtr after having a good game the night before. What the hell is the front office thinking? Seems to me like harden and Howard are not the only ones that need to pull their head out of their ass. I agree to trade brewer and jones and Howard or Lawson if thats gonna get you defense. The offense will eventually come when harden figures that his shoe contract and kardishian won't get you the MVP, if that still motivates him. The "superstars" on this team need to realize that they are not superstars and their mentality has to change bc what they accomplished last year seems to be a fluke. Man i wish I got paid at work and slacked off like these guys do... Damn shame.

17. DaDakota

Thornton doesn't play much because he primarily backs up Harden, and you can't have your backup coming in and being better in the team game than your superstar now can you?

DD

18. malakas

malakas Member

It's absolutely true what you say about teams losing interest on the defensive end when they play with a ballhog that never involves them..
    However I disagree that Harden is not a good passer. He has demonstrated good vision (for a sg-we are not comparing him to Chris Paul). But he is not a willing passer.

19. sTeKcOr22

sTeKcOr22 Member

Ty Lawson for Kevin Martin and Shabazz Muhammad.

Get it done Morey.

20. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

The Rocket are tied for 3rd worst in the league at Defensive Rating at 105.4 PPG allowed, yet #1 in the league in steals at 10.9/game.

This team is just fine offensively(13 overall in offensive rating at 102.0 ppg), but the real issue is that their opponents know they can score at will against us...Change that, and see the Rockets dramatically improve.

We supposedly have the best defensive center in the game, a top 5 defensive wing in Trevor Ariza, decent on ball defender in Patrick Beverly...AND we are one of the worst team in the league.