1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Blow it up

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by finsraider, Dec 15, 2015.

Tags:
  1. malakas

malakas Member

who???
    Have you seen the FA class?

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

You are being called the realist and you give Harden the max for growing a big ego and Dmo for being injured, not rebounding and the occasional post play.

That is pretty cool. :grin:

3. malakas

malakas Member

DMO looks like he's taking the next step to become a stretch four. That means he is no longer a 15 mil player. Try 18+.

4. AirBud#10

AirBud#10 Member

I guess I should say he's not a problem that needs fixing. He's definitely not playing his best, but that's largely due to the dumpster fire that is this team. If he felt confident in the team he wouldn't be hesitant to pass and he wouldn't feel like he has to save all of his energy for offense.

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Let him earn that money. You are giving it to him for free.

and it is not your money.

6. malakas

malakas Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="el"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Dwight to DC for Gortat, Nene's expiring &amp; Washington's 2016 no. 1... who says no? CALL IT IN! You love it <a href="https://twitter.com/HousefromDC">@housefromdc</a> and <a href="https://twitter.com/andrewsharp">@andrewsharp</a></p>&mdash; Bill Simmons (@BillSimmons) <a href="https://twitter.com/BillSimmons/status/677154087528337408">Δεκέμβριος 16, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

That's how Dwight's trade value is evaluated around the league.

I think even me is being too optimistic right now. :(

7. malakas

malakas Member

lol that's fine. Don't give the Rocket's money to him. There will be plenty of teams that will. It's only December. Are you expecting that he will get reinjured and not be able to play?

If we rebuild and sell on our vets, he will get even more playing times and touches and will get inadvertently showcased.

8. YOLO

YOLO Member

what? are you delusional. He has just as much responsibility in this teams problems as the next man. This is his team. It's built around him and the way he is as a player. Doesn't need fixing? please, he has more then plenty to work on.

9. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

The easiest way to salvage this season is do Lawson for Jack + Bogdanovic and Jones + Brewer for Kieff.

You purge yourself of the three worst players on the team and get back contributors.

Bev/Jack
    Harden/Bogdanovic
    Ariza/Kieff
    D-Mo/Kieff
    Dwight/Capela

Rockets still won't be contenders but they will make the Playoffs for sure.

10. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Come on, man... you do this in every thread lately. Harden is the franchise player. He is held to a higher standard, and rightfully so. You get the glory when things are going well, and the bulk of the criticism when things are not. That's how it works when you're The Guy.

11. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Everyone saying trade Dwight better bring in at least two bonafide rebounders. Can't imagine our rebounding without Dwight. SMDH.

12. Phreak3

Phreak3 Contributing Member

Everyone wants to start Rebuild v2.0 around Harden, but there is a risk to that too.

He becomes an unrestricted free agent in a couple years, and I could totally see him walk away from this team. If he walks and we don't get anything for him, our franchise will be set back another quarter decade.

The other option is to trade him now and get some legit foundational pieces back.

13. TXRoxBBall

TXRoxBBall Member

Only three players I'd attempt to keep, Harden, Capella and DMo. Biggest issue right now is we need a coach who can take control of this team.

14. malakas

malakas Member

Yes. There is a risk but it won't be a complete rebuild Philly style it will be a Portland style rebuild where you retain your main star and go from there. The picks won't be as high but you are betting on the Western conference being good enough so even with Harden you will still get a lottery pick.
    Harden IF he can't stomach it and demand a trade wont' leave for nothing that's a certainty.

But what is the alternative right now? Dwight our second biggest asset will leave in free agency anyway if we can barely get in the playoffs. Ariza is already 30 and with a lot of mileage in his body and waiting years longer means that his value too will plummet.
    Everyone else is not worth much except from Capella whose value too is depressed because of the number of good young centers around the league. (Len, Noel, Nurkic, Jokic, Plumplee, Drummond, KAT, Porzingis, Okafor, Adams, Gobert, Favors, etc) and the recent increase of small ball and margilation of one way defensive players.
    Some years ago the value of young centers was MUCH higher.

And as for DMO even his value is depressed right now because of the injury and his RFA.

We dont' have tons of assets and one of them is about to leave in 6 months. (or become negative value if we pay him 25+ per).

15. finsraider

finsraider Member

I saw that. Washington is a good trade partner, but that's too little for Dwight. Throw in Oubre Jr. and a 2017 pick swap and you've got a deal. If they want TJones, they can have him.

16. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

You are right about something needing to get blown up but it is not this roster. It is the entire coaching staff and gameplan. There is Way too much talent on this roster to be playing this badly. Bickerstaff and Finch should have been thrown out of the garbage the day Mchale got fired. Mchale was a scapegoat. We all knew he didn't know the X's and O's. Jb made the defensive plans and Finch made the offence to Morey's demands. We need a coach. That is it.

17. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Keep Harden. Try to keep DMo and Capela. Other than that? Eh. I like Bev but I could see him go and not be upset. We could start losing much more too and either draft a guy high or use that pick/player as trade bait.

Then hope for Durant/Thibs in the off season. And before you argue that KD wouldn't want to come to this ****ty team and Thibs wouldn't go to a team that so quickly threw its successful coach under a bus.... yeah, I know. But it's our best shot.

18. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

I bet morey wants to tank this year. But les probably wouldnt allow that

19. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

20. ksny15

ksny15 Member

It's extremely annoying when I see people say it's only 1 persons fault this team is a mess. If it's okay for people to point blame at 1 guy than its okay for people to point blame at the entire team.