1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

A fan's Perspective of the Houston Rockets (Wizards Game)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by csc177, Dec 11, 2015.

1. ooooaaaah!

ooooaaaah! Member

So why didn't Terry get on Howard's ass during pregame since he is such a great leader? *Rhetorical question* Coach or cheerleader, I ask you?

2. OpenLayup-Why3?

Relax, we have 2 practices a week, we don't need preseason or pregames.

3. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

There's lots of different ways to get loose, prepare, etc. I won't claim their pre game routine to be the issue necessarily.

But it is clear this team doesn't have the necessary level of professionalism, leadership and drive.

That starts with Dwight and Harden .... And then coaching. JB won't be this teams coach next year.

4. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

I remember when Houston fans here were criticizing the Warriors coaches for playing their starters too much in a preseason game against us. Well, the Warriors knew what they were doing and knew that preseason is very important to develop on-court chemistry and continuity. Maybe McFail should have played the starters more and pushed them harder.

Rockets fans should never criticize anything that the Warriors do ever again. Their organization is clearly a step above this one.

5. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Completely disagree with this. While you can make up ground and fix issues with in-season practice, nothing replaces the foundation set in training camp.

I fully expect them to make ground and improve as the season goes on but I almost fully attribute the slow start and McHales firing to the lack of discipline and preparation the team had coming out of TRAINING CAMP.

I am relaxed and understand it's possibly not an issue as the season goes on and they fix their issues but it can also lead to people getting fired, early knee jerk trades, and fan outrage/turning on your teams superstars. It doesn't reflect positive whatsoever.

6. SK34

SK34 Member

I went to two Rockets game this season, the pre game warmups were so bad.

You had Harden and Howard jacking up half court shots.

Howard and Capella trying to play like guards (1 on 1, Mid Range jump shooting instead of some post moves). Joking around so much with Capella (teaching the young gun how its done - bad for the future).

Howard then proceeds to the 3 point line to jack up 3s.

You had players like Jones and Harell shoot 3s in warms up.

Players dancing around.

Two games I went to were Grizzlies and 76ers during Thanksgiving.

7. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Our starters really were injured during training camp. Howard was held out, Harden got hurt, Ty also. McHale couldn't play his starters even if he wanted to. We ended up watching a lot of Smith, Tyler and Harrell LOL.

What was McHale's undoing was he really has no other game plan when the team played terribly. Small ball was a solution for a while but after being outrebounded in several losses, we needed more creativity.

8. dragician

dragician Member

9. dmoneybangbang

There's so much that happens that we never see. It's not like the Rockets only time to warm up and stretch is the 15 minutes before the player announcements.

10. bingsha10

bingsha10 Member

The team adopts the personality of the coach. Period.

11. csc177

csc177 Member

I'm aware that as a fan we don't see the complete picture. But I, with my own eyes, 2 hrs before the game started, saw this team B.S their way through warming up, as if they were about to play a pickup game.

Just saying that this isn't something you see from championship caliber teams. They don't practice half court shots and have dance battles before a game.

12. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

That's right. They do it after.

[​IMG]

13. YOLO

YOLO Member

what fantasy do you live in. It's actually pretty common and yes including championship teams.

14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

This is on Morey - I feel a leadership thread coming.....

DD

15. DraftBoy10

DraftBoy10 Member

Seems like an analytics ran top down scheme lacks leadership.

See hinkie & morey.

16. dmorey

dmorey Member

you cant measure leadership analytically

17. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I'm not surprised about dwight... I mean you are who you are and every team he's been on players say the same thing about him.... It must be true.

I don't dount they want to win because I have never met anyone who plays any sport not want to win. With that said its how bad do you want it that I think this team is lacking that was actually there last year. Which is odd imo.

Last year harden was so much better not just on offense and defense but leading too. He was the first guy running on to the court to congratulate dmo or jet ext for a big play shot. He was talking to guys all the time. I still see him do this sometime still but just not as much which is strange imo Because it's the same group.

I do think this team will ultimately be fine for some reason. There shooting much better the last 10 games there offense rating has been top 2 in the league I believe also. The offense is there its just the defense has slipped so much by not just harden but everyone ariza included.

Imo the biggest problem are defense has is rebounding. To many times dwigh goes for the block which he's supposed to and the PF does not box out behind him for the miss resulting in a tip in or extra possession for the other team.

Just grabbing 5 more defensive rebounds wouod prob shave 4-5 points off the score every game which doesn't sound like much but honestly is the difference between a top 10 D and a bottem 10 D.

18. PugLife

PugLife Member

This.

How many games/teams have you actually seen? This is probably one of the stupidest threads I've ever seen. I was at that game too sitting one section over and nothing out of gbd ordinary for ANY team happened.

This is a good example of an uneducated person influencing other uneducated people.