1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Warriors] Route 33; Who Ends the Streak

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by SK34, Dec 11, 2015.

?

Who ends it?

Poll closed Jan 10, 2016.
  1. Celtics

5.8%
  2. Bucks

32.5%
  3. Rockets

31.1%
  4. Cavs

22.3%
  5. Mavericks

1.5%
  6. Hornets

1.5%
  7. Jazz

1.5%
  8. Suns

2.4%
  9. Kings

0.5%
  10. Nuggets

1.0%
  1. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Time for Kerr to come back now

2. malakas

malakas Member

Hahaha!! Bucks the streak stoppers. ( next week when they play gsw again they will lose by 60).

3. DappyDan

DappyDan Member

Good call :)

4. RedRedemption

Nah breh. Bucks are the NBA's hidden weapon against the Warriors.
    Wonder how much of it was a legitimate matchup favoring the Bucks, and how much of it is just the Warriors being tired/injured.

5. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Back 2 back off of a double OT + Barnes being out + Thompson being off = too much to overcome.

6. RedRedemption

Still. Gotta give the Bucks credit, they came to play.

7. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Thank the Lawd....

I'm tired of the media lovefest over the Warriors.

The streak was amazing, but I don't think they're going to repeat as champs.

It's going to be like a younger version of Peyton Manning: Amazing in the regular season, and a disappointment in the playoffs. LOL, that's my chosen comparison because I'm in Denver at the moment. Yuck!

Anyway, they deserve the props they're receiving for the winning streak, but I hope the adoration of everything that is Steph Curry simmers down. Yes, his daughter is adorable, but she doesn't deserve her own 30 seconds on Sportscenter/First Take.:rolleyes:

And, I can't wait until someone posterizes Draymond Green or beats the brakes off of him for taunting and getting in the faces of the opposition. He is, by far, my least favorite player in the NBA, and I think I'm in the minority of people who believe that his contract overrates the hell out of him. He fits GS' system well, but on any other team, he's not even close to a "max" player.

I'm just glad their streak is over. Our 22 in a row was more impressive, considering all of the injuries, the road games and the talent we defeated with those injuries. Yes, I'm sure I'm biased towards our Rox. We have the most intelligent, loyal and die hard fans in the NBA. Period.

/rant

8. Madano

Madano Contributing Member

I feel as if you perfectly embody what all of us should strive to be as Rockets fans. It's always great to hear your thoughts. I hope you get well soon.

1 person likes this.
  9. Codman

Thank you for the well-wishes. That really helps.

Some days are bad, some days are tolerable. I've learned to treat myself better than I have in the past, in terms of allowing myself to enjoy life a bit more, instead of being a workaholic. I just wish it didn't take lymphoma to get a reality check associated with being some sort of "free spirit." Truthfully, it took becoming sick (for the second time...damn it lol :)) for me to care more about myself, instead of the outstanding college athletes that I'm lucky enough to coach, along with the amazing publishing firm that still employs me. Everyone has been more understanding than I anticipated, and with that gift of flexibility from my peers, I've learned the value of letting some things go. Still, I can't stay away from the basketball part of my life, even with my health yielding a significant decrease in my energy level. With that December 15th date coming up, I've been nosier than usual, trying to listen to the various scoops related to Rockets' player movement. Always exciting.

Anyway, I'm sure that's more than anyone cares to read.

So, my laptop isn't loading the poll correctly. Did anyone accurately predict the Bucks would end the streak? I'm sure a couple of you voted right after the game lol :grin:, but it would be pretty cool if someone called the Bucks as the streak-killaz. I thought it was going to be the Clips.

1 person likes this.
  10. shlhl

shlhl Member

Nice and it is over. Let's see what their next streak will look like. Nicer if they go on a losing streak.:)

11. Madano

Madano Contributing Member

It looks line 32/168 people voted for the Bucks. Not sure when all of those votes were made though.

12. Codman

Thanks. I need the numbers of those people. Must have psychic abilities to predict outcomes.

I didn't anticipate the Greek Freak or a washed O.J. Mayo taking down the Media Dawlings of the bay.

13. Major

Major Member

Except, of course, for the fact that they actually won the championship last year.

14. Codman

Am I missing something? Are my meds kicking in lol? I know GS won last year, but I'm predicting that they will not this year, even if they dominate in the regular season. Maybe I didn't make myself clear...:confused:

15. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

It's fine, lol, but he is pointing out that your logical comparison is off. Manning continually dominated the regular season and failed to break through in the playoffs year after year until late in his career. It's sort of like the Mavs for like a good 6 years or so until they won it. Hopefully you're correct in that guess for the Warriors this year and the Rockets make a miracle run, but there's really no logical reason to think that the Warriors don't have what it takes to win in the playoffs. It's not like they're a failed experiment thus far.

16. Codman

Thanks for the clarification. I'll leave the football analogy to the true NFL fans next time. Whoops!

But yes, I do think GS will fizzle out. It's so difficult to win back to back championships in the NBA. I mean, the Rockets did it, but still, it's rare.

You're right about GS not being a failed experiment though. I don't think they'll win it all, strictly based on a hunch. Plus, I know that God doesn't want Draymond Green to win anything else substantial in his life.:p

17. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Diamond Leung

Klay Thompson: "We missed shots. They didn't shut us down. No one shuts us down."
    8:25 PM - 12 Dec 2015

18. BigTex

BigTex Member

Yep. Bucks were also on a back 2 back. And had some players out

19. Major

Major Member

In the NBA, consecutive championships are far more common than not. Since 1987 (29 seasons), only 10 teams have won non-consecutive titles, and most of that is due to the Spurs (5 titles by the Spurs and them interrupting other runs like the Pistons, Lakers, and Heat). The other 19 seasons consisted of multi-year championship runs - Lakers, Pistons, Bulls, Rockets, Bulls, Lakers, Lakers, Heat.

If a team wins a title, it's more common for them to win another than not.

20. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

What happened to the humble Warriors?