1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fake wins...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheRealist137, Dec 9, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Newlin

Newlin Member

Contenders for a playoff spot maybe.

2. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

[​IMG]

3. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Eh, I stopped watching and caring a few weeks ago. I can tell this squad isn't going to make a strong playoff push this year. Even last year, when we did win, I saw plenty of flaws that were never addressed, but many posters dismissed those concerns because they only looked at the W. Sure, the W matters, but it also matters how we got that W, and a lot of those didn't inspire confidence.

I always thought McHale had a too relaxed approach to our team. We can see that in their attitude on the court. It's imploded on us this year, and I don't see that attitude changing quickly enough to make us serious contenders this year. I hope I'm wrong, but I'm not holding my breath.

4. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Fake thread.

5. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

I'll take wins any way they come, real or fake.

By OP's criteria, perhaps the entire 1995 championship run was 'fake'. But it sure was a lot of fun.

1 person likes this.
  6. quinnolivarez

quinnolivarez Member

The team is still clearly lacking a rhythm on either end of the floor for more than little spurts here or there. Yes, these wins are fools gold, however, they'll keep the team in the playoff race while they continue to figure out what works best. Hopefully, they don't go on another nasty losing streak, & hopefully they figure out how to get the most out of this group. As long as they're in the playoffs and playing well they have a shot vs everybody but golden state.

7. thekad

thekad Member

OP is a troll, but is right. There is no indication that this team is any better than average. Only sometimes skimming by bad and mediocre teams actually illustrates that the Rockets are probably a below average team. Even if they make the playoff due to the weakness at the bottom of the West, they'll simply be blown out.

8. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

Honestly, I want to see use against a good/great team. Warriors aside, we have been pretty good against the other good teams out West, namely the Clippers and Thunder.

Last year, we had a huge problem with taking inferior teams lightly. Fortunately, more times that not, we were able to overcome those mishaps last year. We are definitely doing the same thing this year but not making the plays down the stretch to win those games.

I think we need to play real good teams to see where this team is. If they continue to play like utter crap, time to make some big moves. If they are focused on the game, then its a maturity issue against teams of lower talent level that still needs to be addressed but not as bad as the former case.

9. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Seriously clutchfans suck now

10. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

He's right. If you look at their defense today you can tell that's not how good teams play D. The Wizards were just missing open shots. I'm not even sure if our offense improved or J Harden just made a bunch of difficult ISO shots. He won't do that every night and people will be calling for his head and askin why he doesn't pass the ball. Brewer was better. He, Howard, TJ, and Lawson still make dumb play after dumb play way too often. I don't expect much from this team as long as the defense looks the way it has. Just keep low expectations, that way you won't be disappointed.

11. Rocketeer4Life

The fact is that we haven't played like a contender this entire season. Toooo much turnovers and very inconsistent defense. We haven't even blown out a single team this season.

12. Rox23

Rox23 Member

Do I think the Rox are a good team? Sure, they'll work through this little dip in the road.

Do I think the Rox have ANY chance of defeating GS or SA in a 7 games series? Psssh. :(

13. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

remember when everyone was hating on the mavericks and said they were going to suck this year when they lost out on deandre jordan?

all those people were wrong, lol.

14. dmenacela

dmenacela Contributing Member

OP is right. Team is wildly inconsistent right now and because of that, I'm a non-believer. Prove me wrong Rockets, lol.

15. dmoneybangbang

Defense is effort but our offense is high variance. I hear ya though, the focus with the team comes and goes; possession by possession, quarter by quarter, and game by game.

16. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

They don't care to prove you wrong

17. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

no such thing as a fake win

18. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

When Tracy McGrady jacked up a bunch of 3 pointers in 35 seconds was that a fake win cause it was luck?

Nah bro

All wins are wins

#38 tinman, Dec 10, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2015
  19. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Just face it, James Harden said he is the real MPV and also the best basketball player in the world also.

20. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

You can play poorly and win. Our defense is consistently bad and we need monster games from Harden to beat mediocre/bad teams. That's not a recipe for success. Our team chemistry is like Shaq's free throw form, it's fundamentally broken. Yeah, he could make six or seven in a row, but you know he's going right back to sucking. I'll start believing when we stop giving up so many easy baskets and making lazy passes. Until then, every win is fool's gold.