1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Donatas Motiejunas cleared to return to Rockets practice

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Amel, Dec 1, 2015.

1. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

I spoke to D Mo outside of Uchi once. It was at the time that he wanted to be traded.

He was so confident in his game. He said Morey doesn't wanna trade me bc he knows I'm so good. He was so cool. Thanked me for the support and even shook my hand before bouncing.

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

lol TJ and his goatee

3. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

his shooting practice sheets show like 80% 3pt shooting.

Of course that won't be, but man.... if we can get a true 7 footer who shoots 40%+ 3pt%...that is freaking golden! Then add how this man is called Capt Hook for a reason with his elite post up game and holy crap gents & the few ladies on here....we got ourselves some real stuff here.

4. elainas

elainas Member

It's great to hear he's in greatest shape in this life, but anyone told his case was so bad... "One of the worst cases"

5. straight forwar

Damn, I hope he's being as poetic as with wolves and eagles poetry saying this. I surely hope this injury won't f... his career, such a talent and hard worker.

6. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Need a photo shopped version of DMo in place of Russell Crowe / Gladiator shot.

7. finsraider

finsraider Member

I really want this guy to be a Rocket as long as possible. The skill and work ethic is all there, and he plays a beautiful brand of basketball (unlike Harden). Even if we have to give him the max, I think he's well worth it.

8. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Watched the DMO interview and then the JBB 12/3 post practice interview came up. MANNNN JBB has lost his voice. LOL

9. omgTHEpotential

You want to give the max to a 10M/year player? :)

10. dje243

dje243 Member

One of the good things for DMO is that he doesn't rely primarily on his athleticism. This is a big difference from Dwight...

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well in some ways DMo IS bigger than Dwight. Dwight is only about 6'10 and DMo is a true 7 footer

12. fonzie_004

fonzie_004 Member

So I know we don't want to fall into the trap of rushing him back, but he has been working out for months now, shouldn't he be ready to play within a week? it's not as though he needs to learn a game plan and if he can handle physical contact I am all for playing him even for 15 mins a night, he can help this team even at 50% match fitness.

13. dje243

dje243 Member

Yeah if he's cleared to practice full contact etc. then it means the doctor's think he's healed and its safe to do so. So I don't see why you hold him out. I say start giving him minutes off the bench as soon as possible so he can shake the rust off and make some kind of an impact.

14. dje243

dje243 Member

My prediction is that he plays in one of the next two games.

15. YOLO

YOLO Member

i definitely don't think he does. it's almost a guarantee he won't play in the one of the next two games. I'm not even sure why you would think putting him out there already would even be a good idea

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

If he's cleared for contact, why not let him play himself into shape? Even if he can only play 10 minutes a game at first or whatever, we're better with those few minutes of DMo than we are giving those minutes to Jones or Harrell.

17. fonzie_004

fonzie_004 Member

Well Harrell hasn't done much wrong, he comes in plays hard then gets banished to the bench for weeks.

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

That's true, and I think he should get more burn, but I'd take what DMo gives over what Harrell gives if I was choosing between the two.

19. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

Hmmm, what if he can do the pick and pop like Scola?

20. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

Has there been a DMO interview posted yet?