1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rumor: Houston seeing if there is trade market for Ty Lawson

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ThatboyPhuong, Dec 1, 2015.

1. battousai

battousai Member

This doesnt make sense, as we are taken steps backward. IF getting rid of lawson would solved the problems, then why we fired Coach McHale?

For those of you either like him or not like McHale, he did take us to the western conference final and was the most wins coach we had. You just dont fire a head coach over a rental type player if the issue is that player. I think there is a bigger issue here. Firing the head coach was the first step and now trying to unload another player is step two.

No one will want Lawson straight up, he will be packaged with one of our other players.

Something happened over the summer and I blamed Harden for the failure of this team. IF he cant share the ball with Lawson, then how can we bring in any other big name FA? Durant? How about Howard leaving after his contract is up?

Honestly I would trade Harden for KD if thats even possible.

2. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

My guess is...had CF existed at the time...there would have been a poll here where more respondents said they wanted Hakeem traded than retained after the 92 season. He was a stat compiler to most at that point...a lot of great numbers, but the team never looked like it was turning the corner with him. Things changed.

3. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

Teams were on the hook for upwards of 13 million next season, but that's no longer the case. He's now a low risk high reward, salary dump rental.

4. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Because you didn't kick and scream every time the team played like crap.

I would like to know if I am a lover or apologist.

FTR my stance before he was fired was that I was OK with him getting fired this year, IF we had a good replacement lined up. I did not want JB to just slide into the role because I thought that would guarantee a lost season. I would have preferred to just stick with McHale for the year than fire him and appoint JB; I thought McHale would have had a better chance of turning it around.

5. conquistador#11

what were some of your favorite lawson memories?
    For me, it was that one time he scored those 3 baskets.

6. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

For me it was when he struggled at the beginning but we all knew that he would catch on in a few games or so. We just knew it.

I mean, just think about it: he's playing for a new contract, he's got to prove the doubters wrong, this is the best team he's ever been on, and he's old and experience enough to now focus more on winning than anything.

How could he not turn it around?!?

7. OpenLayup-Why3?

During lockout, Lawson played in Lithuania. He had like 10 horrible games where he was super passive, wasn't driving to the basket, was just giving the ball away. Then lockout ended and he was playing the last game. It was the best game, he was amazing.
    Dude's an unprofessional *******, I told this story when we acquired him, you laughed. I'm pretty sure he can still be amazing, but for some reason he doesn't do it. In Lithuania it was because he didn't want to get injured for NBA.

8. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

I'm still saying this, although I kinda look like this while I say it.

[​IMG]

9. Raven

Raven Member

Rumor? If by rumor, you mean most predictable desperation move by Morey of this train wreck of a season, why yes.

10. TXRoxBBall

TXRoxBBall Member

He should be more attractive now than he was in Denver right? There he had another year guaranteed, here he is basically an expiring deal allowing a team to purge a deal off their books and get rid of Lawson at year end.

11. YOLO

YOLO Member

he doesn't do it because someone else on this team wants to act like they're the pg and puts up 20 shots a game, while dribbling the air out of the ball at the same time.

12. cyberx

cyberx Member

They Discussed J Jack + Bog for Lawson and maybe Jones.. Dont kill the messenger.

13. ibm

ibm Member

wouldnt be too bad if it happens, imo.

sometimes you just need a change in scenery.

14. MadMax

I love J Jack. Have since his college days.

15. finsraider

finsraider Member

I don't think most would have a problem with this at this point. I'd prefer to keep Lawson and hope he gets better, but I can see the logic of a trade like that.

16. MadMax

Jack's at 14ppg and 7 assists. I could live with that kind of productivity. I'm sure some of the points get shaved off while playing next to Harden...but still shows you what he's capable of at this point.

17. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

lol that would be a terrible trade

18. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

Ty was averaging 17 ppg and 10 apg last year

19. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

If Morey pulls the trigger he's the dumbest guy ever!

20. Mazulis

Mazulis Member

he doesn't do it because someone else on this team wants to act like they're the pg and puts up 20 shots a game, while dribbling the air out of the ball at the same time.[/QUOTE]
    Thats the problem number 2