1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Does James Harden want out of Houston?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Francis3422, Nov 29, 2015.

1. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Explains a lot

2. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Cousins has all the issues Harden has, but worse.

3. jsd59

jsd59 Member

I cant believe our fans you are blaming the only person who comes out and play every game.he might not have a great night everynight but at least he is putting his heart on the line.nobody is saying anything bout all the other lazy players who do not come to play every night.if we had to count on brewer,ariza,terrance,howard without harden then you could complain.this is a team game.

4. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

I wonder if Chicago wanted MJ gone after his flu game...

5. CantBeRight

CantBeRight Member

Khloe Kardashian.

6. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

This was a tough game for him.

When we say he's had several bad games, that's true. But I like to look at this year as two seasons. Before the firing and after. Harden's effort and effectiveness has gone up since the firing. I would say this is his first bad game, but he was hungover from a night out in NYC with Lawson, who was so hungover he had a DNP. At least Harden played. :)

seriously though, he's improved, probably because he had to take his effort up a notch.

7. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

No. I'm not insinuating it at all either. Im just saying that if it were to happen, I wouldn't be surprised. That's more of a testament to how baffling some of the things he is doing in some games this year are than any allegation.

Walking the ball up the court almost getting an 8 second violation every time. Shooting 8+ 3's a game at a very low clip. "Directing traffic" and not playing defense. Calling off plays that the coach is running. Going 1 on 5 on offense. Holding the ball for 23 seconds before giving it to a teammate, forcing that teammate into a bad position.

I love Harden. And some games this year some fans have tried to blame him when he did not deserve it. But certain things that are happening this year are very odd.

Like I said. There's probably chemistry issues or something going on in the locker room or in his personal life. There's probably an explanation. Regardless of what it is though, he needs to have his head in the game and give 100% effort every minute of every game.

8. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Doesn't sound like he is unhappy with being a Houston Rocket:

http://hollywoodlife.com/2015/11/28/who-sent-khloe-kardsahian-roses-instagram-james-harden-gift/

9. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

I'll agree with you that he does leave you baffled! Often times I find myself SMH when it comes to Harden and what he does on the court/off court. The only thing that makes sense to me (I'm guessing) is that he's not the sharpest tool in the shed. I wish I could put Shane Battier head on James Hardens body! (Shane Harden :eek: ) But that would be unfair to the rest of the league!

Regardless of what I think of him, I know one thing for sure, we aren't going ANYWHERE without him. He's our alpha player, and as James goes, so go the Rockets.

GO ROCKETS!!!

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

11. HayesIsBack

HayesIsBack Member

The question isn't whether he wants out of Houston.

It's whether he is as driven to be the best player in the NBA anymore.

The simple math is that even if he doesn't improve his defense, he'll still get close to the max if not the max for his next contract. Together with the Adidas contract, his career earnings will be around $400m factoring his rookie contract, his current contract and another max or near max contract. And that's not including other endorsements.

That $400million for being the same player he is now almost irregardless of how he plays going forward.

12. theredbackpack

i love james and have been frustrated with him often this season, but tonight was an absolutely insane game on a number of levels. i love that this was maybe the first real team effort win this year, because harden tried to lose this game. i turned to my family and said, "is he drunk?" because some of the decisions he made were baffling. it helps that so many other insane things happened, but i swear harden was out there like a mad man. we got the W so i just think it's funny, but if we lost, i'd probably be more upset.

13. malakas

malakas Member

No I dont believe he wants out. There would be "leaks in the press" as it always happens. But i definitely believe he wanted Mchale fired and suspect that maybe he was drunk today.
    In the first 17 games of the season he hasnt been even top10 player in the league all in all which is pretty dissapointing. But its not on purpose at least in the offence side of things.

14. gogispade

gogispade Member

we are on 2 game winning streak, why would he want to leave houston??

15. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

OP was actually on to something. Just off base on the reasoning behind James not being himself.

16. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

17. Raven

Raven Member

He's playing like a guy who secretly feels his team is lucky to have him.

18. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

How so? Cousins plays defense.

Really though, this would be about getting Harden closer to Khloe.

19. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Is Harden allergic to running?

I've only seen him walking this season.