1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    PACERS vs KNICKS Game 2: Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2015-16

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jul 12, 2015.

1. malakas

malakas Member

Question.
    If Lawson still hasn't found his fit in the team and is continue to underperforming off the bench by January, but there are very few teams interested offering expirings do you think that Morey will stick with him and hope for the best or he will try to get back some kind of value even if it's a little compared to the first he gave up?

2. bmt1334

bmt1334 Member

I dont know that it does. Noah has horrible form, but he can hit a mid range jumper. He is a good paaser from the high post. Defensively he isnt as good as Howard but he is good. His energy is what I think would help this team the most. We are emotionless out there. Gibson is a much better player than Jones across the board. I like Howard, but if we dont turn this around I have a hard time believing he doesnt bolt this summer.

3. AirBud#10

AirBud#10 Member

Noah is a straight BUM now. Trading Dwight for him would be a complete ****ing joke.

4. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Lawson's value is about equal to my value. Nobody wants him. Rockets just need to hope he turns it around or just let him expire after the season.

5. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Phoenix would laugh for days at that offer.

6. malakas

malakas Member

I know his value is very bad and most probably noone would want him anyway but let's say Morrey can trade him for an equally non impactful (worthless) expiring player. Do you think he will be waiting or hurry to get rid of him?

7. fattz

fattz Member

Morey loves the trade deadline... I think IF it won't hurt long term he would move Lawson for just about anything.

Howard is the real question. There is some value but will Morley cash in below market value, wait for it to rise or does Morey wait to long and Howard just walks?

8. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Don't think it matters who you trade Dwert for .... You aren't getting equal value in return.

I have to wonder tho .... If by moving Dwert for a player not his equal defensively but more capable offensively would you improve the team overall ?!
    Offensively he is so limited .... no range outside of the restricted area.

Honestly I don't think trading Dwert is the answer. He's not the problem .... It's the shooters that cant shoot .... No one outside of T_ones has a 3 point percentage above .333. Considering the volume of 3's this team takes , that just ain't going to cut it. Methusalem (Jason Terry) and PatBev are tied for the second highest 3 point percentage on the team @ .333.

The Lawson effect .... man he's been abysmal and sent shockwaves thru the rotation (especially with the injury to PatBev). .250 from 3 and 32.5 overall.

Again this team is relying upon Methusalem for significant minutes at the point .... and he's shooting .333 from 3 and .404 overall and is a poor defender which you can't have next to Harden. Prime JET might be the optimal guy to plug in next to Harden .... because he was so versatile but the over 40 version .... aint getting it done.

Brewer ... ugh. .227 from 3 and .297 overall .... good grief Charlie Brown.

All these guy's shooting so poorly and can't defend or rebound , throw in being a high volume turnover team .... and we wonder why their record is what it is ?! They are getting a lot of open looks by NBA standards , shots that fell last season .... Just ain't going in.

At this point , I really don't know how you fix it. Lawson has no real trade value & Brewer is probably a negative asset and they would be the easiest to upgrade on the court .... Brewer can't be traded until Jan 15th anyhow and by then it may be too late.

9. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I would kill to have Ibaka on our team.

I actually think I would do a Howard for Ibaka swap. Ibaka is the perfect power forward for us and OKC could definitely use Howard.

He's a great defender, shot blocker, athletic, good finisher at the rim, solid rebounder and has a 3pt and mid range shot. Capela and Ibaka would be a hell of a front court duo.

Howard for Ibaka, Waiters and Novak would work financially I believe. Both Waiters and Novak are expiring.

10. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

Absolutely, I would make that trade too.

11. Rocket PR

Rocket PR Member

12. Rocket PR

Rocket PR Member

Phoenix will get an elite center and a very good point guard. Sacramento will get a good point guard that knows Karls sistem and an elite defensive 3 with 3 point range and they get ride off gays terribles contract. Houston gets values from Howard and dont let him walk away for free we need to get Sac involve too help lure Phoenix into this trade.

13. Ns575

Ns575 Member

14. Rocket Guy

Rocket Guy Member

I have been saying Jack is perfect for this team.

15. fattz

fattz Member

I like you thought but PHX has $12M/4 in T. Chandler. That aside IF Karl can get Lawson to be Lawson of season's past. Than MAYBE something like this were all teams get a little better
    Suns
    In Howard, Collison, Jones & (E. Morehead filler from Sac)
    Out Bledsoe, Morris, Len & Goodwin
    Rockets
    In Bledsoe, Morris, Len, & McLemore
    Out Howard, Lawson & Jones
    Kings
    In Lawson & Goodwin
    Out Collison, McLemore & Morehead

Never going to happen but the money works and all team would MAYBE say YES.

16. malakas

malakas Member

lol not only Phoenix is paying a big LONG contract to Chandler they also got Len. Forget about dwight to Phoenix esp for someone like Bledsoe :rolleyes:

Also for Ibaka.

17. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Curious, why?

Kanter can play PF, he is a good enough shooter to keep the floor spaced and Howard can cover for his huge defensive woes. Howard would be a great addition to OKC, WB, Durant, Kanter and Howard can do serious damage.

That would be my only fear with a trade like that, is that we create a monster. Still, while Howard would be a great fit for OKC, Ibaka would also be just as good of a fit for Houston.

18. fattz

fattz Member

Random thoughts --> Dec. 15

T. Chandler, Morris, Goodwin & 1 maybe 2 first round picks
    ...for...
    Howard & Jones
    Rockets
    Pro: Chandler plays the way we are using Howard anyway, Morris contract, Goodwin would fit nicely next to Harden PLUS pick/s.
    Cons: Howard would be gone
    Sun
    Pro: Howard may push them over the top. Move Morris for some value --> replace with Jones.
    Cons: Howard & Jones may both walk and it cost them pick/s, too.

19. Spoolxx

Spoolxx Member

20. lionaire

lionaire Member

He might not help our offense scoring wise but he can help us with his passing and can still hit the occasional baby hook. FT's would still be a problem however.