1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Sixers @ Rockets 11/27/2015

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 27, 2015.

1. hoopball

hoopball Member

some harden bashers just never stop. at least have some decency to shut it when he has a decent game, smh

2. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

That's fine and may be true but it also may not be true. As of right now he's the only elite talent on the roster.

Who really going to come over and be the number one over harden? Durant? He's the only one we maybe have a chance at getting. Curry, leborn are not walking through the door ever.

At some point you have to be realistic and understand that our best chance is to build around harden. Its hard enough to aquire too 5 talent in the league. When you get it no matter if it's flawed you have to try your best as a gm to get the parts that fit and give your guy the best chance to succeed.

3. ibm

ibm Member

not too much disagreement here.

look, acquiring talented players and putting out a good or even title-contending roster is the gm's job. me as fan and a paying customer of the product manufactured by les and morey,,, my job is to care, watch, and comment, expressing my pleasure or displeasure. nothing personal here.

peace.

4. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

We're just talking brother nothing personal I see your posts I know your care about the team.

I think harden deserves all the criticism he receives around here because he has the talent to be the best player in the league. I truely believe that.

But some of these knuckleheads come on here acting like the guy is a cancer and needs to be traded or that he's overated.... It just blows my mind.

The things this guy can do on the court only 4 other guys in the league can. He's an amazing basketball player and a very young one at that.

Maybe some of the posters on here were to young but there was a time were the great Hakeem was seen as a selfish player you couldnt win a championship with many wanted him gone and he Almost was shipped out.

Thankfully he's wasnt and the rest is great Rockets history. My point is we have to give Harden the same chance because it could be great for us fans and the city. The talent is elite as you have pointed out. We just have to hope harden matures and develops into a more willing and trusting teammate.

His defense is probably never going to be elite but when engaged he's actually better than avg. I think the right coach can get him to play this way all the time but we need to see it from him for the Rockets to take that next level.

5. roidrage

roidrage Member

the Rockets beat the worst team in the NBA by 2 points congratulations we are really looking up

6. malakas

malakas Member

I didnt' watch. Is it worth downloading and watching? My guess is not..?
    Dissapointing from the boxscore.

7. Zergling

Zergling Member

While most people will be mocking this win, shooting 55% from three (11/20) is still an important note to take from this game. Could be a big time confidence booster, but it's disturbing that we'd lose to the 76ers if we went 10-20 instead.

8. dcfma

dcfma Contributing Member

Embarrasing Win

I have been a Rockets fans since I was a little kid watching Hakeem. I am a diehard fan.

I can honestly say I have never been so disgusted by a team as the current Rockets.

This was an embarrassing win. How can we need 50 points by Harden to barely beat the 76ers!:(

JB has made some decent modifications and some terrible ones.

1) Thank goodness for Harden tonight
    2) Brewer was completely pathetic. There is no excuse for him playing the minutes he did, especially in the 4th quarter
    3) The amount of TO was ridiculous. Part of that was that Harden was overburdened.
    4) JB must do whatever is necessary to help Lawson reach his full potential or there must be a blockbuster trade for an A-list PG.
    5) Beverly can be decent but is NOTHING MORE than a backup PG.
    6) I cannot wait to DMO gets back. TJones does not need to be here next year.
    7) There needs to be more minutes given to a shooter(s).: Possibly Thorton (maybe give KJ a chance)
    8) Capela is breath of fresh air.

9. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

any win is great, sick of the sad fans who talk down a win

The Sixers have been far better lately and far more competitive, heck they nearly beat us last season at home and we made it to the Conference Finals

i bet you had a sook then as well

10. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

We won!!!

The food tastes better, so does my drink. I kiss my wife & can feel the vibe!

I love my kids a little more than usual, heck I even patted the cat & think I saw a rainbow in the distance!

Life is good!

11. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  12. CK Johnson

CK Johnson Member

Covington finally gets minutes in the Toyota Center!!!

13. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

don't forget the pick and roll with Otis Thorpe. That got Don Chaney the coach of the year award.

14. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

the sixers are basically the rocket's d league all stars.

15. linkz1993

linkz1993 Member

What happened?

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

we won!!!!

and lost the 4th quarter again

17. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

When the game ended it felt like our mediocre team could of blown the sixers out and it not being close.

18. ttdestroyer

ttdestroyer Member

2pts. Rockets win by 2pts against the worst professional sports team in North America. Let that sink in.

You know they usually say that winning makes everything better. This is not one of those situations.

19. Mattician

Mattician Member

Too close against the worst team.

50 points for Harden!

20. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

we won, i feel great

last 3 games we could well be 3-0, but we didn't have much luck against the Knicks and Grizzlies

The Twin Towers looked good together as well