1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2015-16

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jul 12, 2015.

1. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

If the Rockets are looking for a player to pair with Harden in the backcourt, then they need to be focusing more on "combo guards" that aren't pure PGs but can shoot and attack the basket and at least be average on defense. Guys I wanted Morey to trade before in the past, Brandon Knight and CJ McCollumn would be perfect fits. In hindsight Morey probably should have gone after Mo Williams.

If the Rockets are going to live and die with Harden as the defacto PG, they need a complimentary guard that can fill it up and take people off the dribble.

What hybrid PG/SGs are available?

2. ksny15

ksny15 Member

100% agree. Let harden be the PG and find him a guy who can defend well and shoot the 3 well. My guy would be Avery Bradley. I like CJ a lot too. His 3 ball is coming around and he is already a good defender

3. malakas

malakas Member

hah..first time I posted in this forum was because of Knight. He would be a great fit here as he is next to Bledsoe (though next to Bledsoe he fits even better). CJ is too weak defensively and the backcourt would be a hole.

Maybe we could trade Jones for Galloway who would be a great fit but that's only if Porzingis shows clearly that his future position should be C and Phil thinks that D.Williams will opt out.

The problem is that most combo guard are undersized sgs and so weak defensively.
    I also like that Miami kid Tyler Johnson and that Denver kid Gary Harris. They are both good defensively and seem to be able to shoot when open. Not ideal but good and their value shouldn't be very high.

4. malakas

malakas Member

You are probably the only one who thinks that CJ Mcollum is a good defender.
    He's a black hole defensively.

5. finsraider

finsraider Member

[​IMG]

But really...Llull might be the best possible "fit" with Harden. High energy, finishing ability, can play off the ball, catch and shoot, run, etc. Harden could still control most of the offense.

6. qwertzy

qwertzy Member

First we need trade biggest problem james harden

7. Ns575

Ns575 Member

why do people assume that any team is willing to give up anyone?

8. Ns575

Ns575 Member

LLULL HAS SAID IT 100000000 TIMES

he.is.not.coming.

enough with the sergio llull bs

9. malakas

malakas Member

Because every year there are sellers and buyers.
    The rebuilding teams are usually sellers. The teams who have been dissapointing that far are sellers.
    The teams that want a push to make the playoffs are buyers. The teams that are win now are buyers. etc etc
    Some teams are both at the same time. (example Boston).
    It happens every year. You have to identify first which team is which, and then what holes they have in their roster.

10. Ns575

Ns575 Member

Since when was wanting to start cocky? I guess by your terms everybody in the league is an egotistical a hole

11. malakas

malakas Member

uhm maybe because he was cocky even before he said that publicly. When he's 21 y.o and has before him an all star pg and is barely good enough to be a starter with his lack of shooting and his turnovers. It's cockiness which can be a good thing in a players carreer. But cockiness it is.
    Will a player with that attitude that wants the ball in his hands esp at the end of games in your opinion be a great fit character wise next to Harden? The guy is just starting his third year too. LOL.

12. finsraider

finsraider Member

I really don't think he has anything against the NBA. The right situation just hasn't presented itself yet (ie, we haven't been willing or able to pay him).

13. Ns575

Ns575 Member

Did you not see how much we offered him last year? We basically presented him with an opportunity to win... being we made the WCF prior to offering him that contract.

14. finsraider

finsraider Member

There were conflicting reports on how much we offered him, and then an insider said it was actually us that backed out.

Thinking back to early July, it wouldn't surprise me if we prioritized Lawson (I assume we were working on something for him even then), McDaniels, and Harrell over Llull. Would that really surprise you?

15. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

It wasn't confirmed we offered the MLE. In fact, I think a trusted insider here mentioned we offered less than the MLE (but I'm not sure now on this part).

In any case, given his buyout, the money would have to be pretty good for him to make the leap to the NBA. I don't think that door is shut, but I won't hold my breath.

16. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

There might not be an "ideal" fit, but our current situation is weak offensively AND weak defensively. I'll take weak defensively up top if we can at least fix the OFFENSIVE problem.

17. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I haven't given up on Llull. Even when the Rockets got Lawson. I am sure Morey will attempt again in the offseason. And Llull's buyout is less.

I agree that Llull is a great fit

18. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

wake me up in the year 2063 when the rockets win their 3rd championship.

19. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

How much does Boston value Bradley?

20. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

Ainge doesn't tend to sell low, and Bradley is having a great season so far. I think the price would be very high where you'd lose most of your future picks and prospects.