1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    We're talking Rockets and the NBA Draft live right now -- come join us!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2015-16

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jul 12, 2015.

1. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

Did I say that? If I did, I ate crow last season. That notion seems so ludicrous to me that I can't imagine anyone saying it. But there was a time when Curry and Thompson were All-Star and Starter quality players, respectively.

At any rate, the last star/superstar quality player we should trade Harden for is Cousins. He isn't a suspected locker room killer, he's a known and unabashed locker room killer.

2. malakas

malakas Member

He has quit on the floor multiple times. Let me see if I can find the video for you to see.

http://nba.nbcsports.com/2015/02/04...ss-on-defense-warriors-score-with-ease-video/

3. curbur

curbur Member

So you want Cleveland to win the title is what you're saying?

4. PersianRocket

PersianRocket Member

Code:

Cleveland would be the biggest winner of the trade. But rockets would lose per say. Starting line-up of Lawson, Beal, Ariza, Love, Howard looks pretty nice in my book.

5. Krizzle

Krizzle Member

Harden+ Jones for J. Butler+ Taj Gibson

Who says no?

6. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Yeah this team is getting broken up

7. Zergling

Zergling Member

His value is probably nothing, but if I'm Morey, I'm looking to shop Lawson to see if I can get an outside shooter. I'm just not seeing how he'll ever be able to play well on this system.

When we're clicking, Harden is dominating the offense. We don't have a place for Lawson in our offense.

8. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

I'd package Tjones with Lawson and possibly KJ to see what we could get. Ryan Anderson should be attainable since the Pels look like they won't be making any noise this season.

9. Garner

Garner Member

Before we all announce Ryan Anderson the savior lets play a game:

Player A: 3p% = .333
    Player B: 3p% = .339

Who is Player A? Who is Player B?

Player A: Terrence Jones
    Player B: Ryan Anderson

So maybe, just maybe, we calm down a bit about Ryan Anderson being the guy you remember from 2013

10. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

I live in NC now, so I'm watching a ton of Charlotte games by default. They have a few players that could really help us and figure to be a potential trading partner if they do, indeed, stink up the joint again this year. They're 6-6 now, so their fate remains to be seen, but by February they might be looking to get something of value in exchange for their contract year players.

1) Marvin Williams - Has been discussed already in this thread. Would be a solid addition to the rotation as a 3&D stretch 4.

2) Al Jefferson - A long shot, but it's an idea I floated earlier in this thread due to Dwight's health issues.

....but the guy that could really help us out the most...

3) Nic Batum - We're Rockets fans, so I don't need to remind anybody about this guy. He's a better version of Parsons. A do-it-all wing that can play three positions. The question, though, obviously is: at what cost? He's playing out of his mind right now, but he's also in the last year of his contract. Could be a situation worth keeping an eye on going into next year.

11. Hardensway

Hardensway Member

Howard and harden for Demarcus cousins, plus plenty of cap space when all is said and done. Hey, you're not winning anyways, unload some salary.

12. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Dude... Seriously

Anderson made 2 3's a game last season at 34%, its just as much about shots attempted as it is about the %

Jones has a career average of 0.4 three's a game, Anderson has had multiple reasons where he averaged over and even 3 three pointers made per game.

Its also important to note Anderson is tightly guarded of the perimeter because of his shot, Jones is always being sagged off or even left side open.

1 person likes this.
  13. Red Glares

Red Glares Member

No way do you package TJones, Lawson , and KJ for Anderson! That's a fire sale ! We need more in return. Anderson is a Matt Bullard.

14. malakas

malakas Member

Great idea for a basic concept of Lawson to NO. Bravo.
    Because NO has Tyreke out until at least Christmas (which is way too optimistic in the first place) and Holiday on a minutes limit and Gordon always get injured and misses games.

But Lawson's salary is too big to trade for Rhyno and is very difficult to match salaries. We will have to take back 3 players.
    Like Noris Cole and Ish Smith. But Cole has to basically renounce his bird rights to get traded and we can't get back 3 players only 2.
    So I don't know how it could possibly work.

Maybe someone like Corrosion can help see what's possible salary wise.

Yup. Blindly comparing 3FG% is actually manipulating the stats.
    And the same goes when it's done for the shake of DMO.

Well
    First of all NO will have to continue playing so bad to trade Rhyno and then Lawson will have to continue to seem like a fish out of the water.

You may be surprised but the market for Lawson is extremely limited. His value had already plummeted when we got him (for basically cap relief and a very late first as projected at the time of the trade)and now it's gotten even lower. Noone will give anything of worth for him and NO only has the hope to , because all their guards are injured.

15. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

You still talk about the market for Lawson being limited, and yes, I'd agree that most teams seem to not have a point guard issue right now. But a $12,000,000 expiring contract......

Wouldn't want to entice KD to go play with AD next year (Lawson's expiring + Gordon's expiring).

I don't know if the Rockets would add on salary this season if they think there's a realistic shot next summer at a certain player currently on the OKC roster. I'm not holding my breath, but Morey always swings for the fences, although he might be less "Babe Ruth" (always aiming for the home run but often striking out in the process) these days now that he's sweating through his suit with his team at 5-7 and Les Alexander more likely to say, "I want to win today, don't tell me what might happen next summer, 'maybe'."

16. malakas

malakas Member

His value is the team option. You can try him for half a season and if he performs keep him and if not let him go. But the expiring contract on its own is not worth much. Most of the taem swill be swimming in capspace why trade any good players for Lawson?
    Since you think his market is good what teams you think will be interested?
    And what they would offer?

(Dont' include utah because they won't be, had three firsts to trade for him but they still didn't after Exum got injured) Infact a fast look at the TnT board of realgm makes me wonder if Utah wont' go after Rhyno first and give much more for him than the Rockets.

17. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Get Darren Collison on this team.

18. qwertzy

qwertzy Member

Harden+t jones for p.george,ariza for taj,howard for dmc,fire morey and win championship

19. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

What happened to Emeka Okafor?

20. fattz

fattz Member

I like this trade a lot.

Howard, Love, Ariza, Beal, and Lawson plus a good bench, too. This looks like a really solid TEAM.