1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Coach Killer James Harden

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dmo for 3mo, Nov 18, 2015.

1. Dmo for 3mo

Dmo for 3mo Member

I'm sick of his ****. Start watching games of other teams and maybe you can see what its like to have a real star lead the team.

2. yoeddy

yoeddy Contributing Member

Harden got his $200M from Adidas and decided to take it easy. The rest of the team followed.

3. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Harden has no heart, so instead, he grew a beard.

4. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Harden is just immature.

He did finish second in MVP voting you tard.

5. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

Can't wait until your trollush posts are gone.

6. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

And we should care about this because. . . . .

7. SKTTLZ

SKTTLZ Member

lolll
    [​IMG]

but for real...

8. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Some coaches who got fired while coaching Dwight: Kevin McHale (.556 win pct), Stan Van Gundy (.609 win pct), Mike Brown (.615 win pct).</p>&mdash; Tim Reynolds (@ByTimReynolds) <a href="https://twitter.com/ByTimReynolds/status/667008636607193088">November 18, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

9. Harden2Capela

Harden2Capela Member

yea but if you go back to last year stats, Harden led the league in win shares... and when you do that... history states you have a 90% chance of winning the mvp

stephanie is playing well this year has nothing to do with Harden being robbed last year... some nba fans are clueless

10. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Normally I'd be with you, but I disagree.

Watching the second quarter against the Celtics, once Harden checks back in the game, everything changed for the worse.

We started out really well, with the ball moving, guys hustling, and (shockingly) the ball was going in since ball movement and hustle leads to better shots.

But then in the middle of the second quarter, Harden checked in and it all went to hell. Really, if he was trying to throw the game, he wouldn't have done anything differently.

The offense got stagnant with James walking the ball up the court and doing nothing until the shot clock ticked down.

Once he did pass the ball off he would just chill somewhere in between halfcourt and the top of the 3 point line and do nothing.

On defense, he could not possibly have cared any less. He never really guarded anyone and even his fake hustle was worse than usual.

I wish it weren't the case, but I honestly think McHale is gone because Harden - whether on his own or acting on behalf of others on the team - wanted him gone. And I love me some James. I have a Rockets room in my house that is like 50% Harden crap. So I don't like saying this. But, it's how I saw it.

1 person likes this.
  11. Harden2Capela

Harden2Capela Member

he was robbed dude, the players who play againist him said he was the most valuable lol...

the media loves curry too much thats why he won, notice stephanie didnt win finals mvp, the series changed when iggy became a starter... curry doesnt carry a team.. His limited physical limitations would make it almost impossible

12. Harden2Capela

Harden2Capela Member

dude mchale is not even a decent coach.. im glad he's gone, now hopefully we make the right hire and get away from moreyball and play up to our potential, i wanna see some offensive sets

13. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

[​IMG]

14. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Yeah I hope we get a better coach too. I just don't like to see players - especially ones I like so much - sabotage their own team.

If we get a better coach and become a better team then I guess all's well that ends well. But I think this puts much more pressure on the players, especially Harden, to take their games up several notches.

15. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

In all honesty, I don't think Tjones or Dwight quit on McHale.

16. afk

afk Member

Really? Unless you got some proof, lock this up.

17. topfive

topfive CF OG

That's the real question. I imagine that at least half of the guys on the team take their cues from Harden and Howard, our two highest-paid, most decorated players. I strongly suspect something happened during pre-season between McHale and Harden that caused a rift to form. Once your main guy checks out, the ripples spread out across the entire team.

I wish I didn't have to say that about our superstar, but until we get a coach that can properly motivate him to play to his potential every night, we're going to have problems. Hopefully JB will be that guy.

18. Harden2Capela

Harden2Capela Member

im telling you clutchfans dont support their players like most nba teams too... nobody over in new orleans is talking about trading anthony davis

curry would be squat here under mchale... these rockets fans have a hard time understanding that, he might be a better version of cj mccollom if that.. because the way the warriors use him is so different than we would use him

19. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

What does this matter? James played like an MVP last season and rightfully so deserved to be in the conversation. This season, not so much, but I am not sure how this idiotic tweet has any relevance.

20. jk103

jk103 Member

Isn't it on Lawson? Two coaches bite the dust in two seasons, Nuggets are playing hard and overachieving without him, Rockets give zero effort since he came, and he's the one who called the players-only meeting.