1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official Fire McHale Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by FTW Rockets FTW, Apr 19, 2012.

1. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

What's really gonna p-ss me off is if they deal Lawson in order to make him the fall guy instead of McHale. Don't blame the PG for the team's struggles when the coaching staff has done nothing to implement him into the offense and refuses to reign in Harden. You could bring in Chris Paul and he'd suffer the same fate.

2. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Hate to see Rockets Management keep silence like nothing has happened.

3. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

The reason why ty Lawson and harden look so lost is because there is no spacing on the court what so ever. It's no coincidence that the 4 games we've won Thornton was starting. Last night harden and Lawson ran into 4 players in the paint every time they drove the ball there's just no were to go so it results in an ugly out of control shot or a TO.

Put Thornton back in suffer the rebounding problems but open the court up for your two best playmakers to attack the basket score and create easy kick outs for open threes and lob passes to dwight. Even dwights game has suffered since black hole jones has been inserted back into the starting lineup.

I really don't understand why we changed what was working just because we lost one game against Brooklyn which was a trap game they were due a win we barley lost and they took the Warriors to OT the very next night, Their not as bad as their record looks and neither is the rockets.

We need to play small and fast till DMO gets back, he can space the floor and pass. I really don't know how mchale doesn't inderstand this, better yet doesn't even play Thornton who has easily been our 2nd most consistent scorer behind James but honestly better in his role to date.

1 person likes this.
  4. Newlin

Newlin Member

If a coach has to repeatedly tell the players to play harder. Then you have the wrong players. You can change coaches, and that may help in the short term. But, in the long term the players the lazy player will become lazy again. And it all starts and ends with Harden. Your best player can't be your laziest player. Superstar players have more power than the coaches do. The superstar has to want it badly enough to lead by example.

The Rockets have problems that go far beyond the head coach. A team forced to play an offense ill suited for the players talent doesn't help.

A coaching change may help, but what we really need are players that give full effort without the coach having to ask for it.

5. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

I love how we extended this scrub for no reason. Now we owe him lots of money.

6. TheShooter

TheShooter Member

calm down its only been 11 games. :rolleyes:

7. rockets2012

rockets2012 Member

Are you Les?

8. SuperKev

SuperKev Contributing Member

As removing the coach or the staff is highly unlikely. (I think they've generally done a decent job btw) - perhaps a happy medium would be to bring in a defensive consultant or a defensive coordinator position? A person such as Thibs or JVG would probably flourish in such a role.

9. RocketsFan0

RocketsFan0 Member

How is Mchale not fired yet? After losing to Denver(2x), Mavs b-team, then winless nets and now the celtics. I would be pissed if I were les.

10. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

you think the coach staff has done a decent job? :eek:

you think thibs or jvg would demean their professional resume by working under kevin freaking mchale? :eek:

11. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Give me Shane or give me death.

12. lexled

lexled Contributing Member

I never paid much attention to this thread, as i thought McHale was doing ok, until now. Sure there have been questionable decisions over the years, but we were winning and improving. Now the wheels have come off. We should not be losing to the Nets at home, or get blown out by the Celtics at home, or the nuggets. Jeez, how embarrassing.

I think McHales job is obviously in jeopardy, it has to be. Something has to be done here, something major before this spirals way out of control. Its early enough in the season to fix this thing, just get it done Les.

13. Mr Chuck Norris

14. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

If we fired McHale, Do you guys think JVG would accept the job if offered? What are the odds in your opinion?

15. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

JVG, Thibs, and Shane Battier... What a coaching staff.

16. ibm

ibm Member

i like jvg as a person. no, i dont like him. i love him.

jvg > thibs, for sure.

but somehow jvg doesnt sound too exciting to me, either, for some reason.

17. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

I think JVG and Mark Jackson have learned a lot commentating on the games. I would give Mark Jackson an opportunity as well.

18. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

Which one of those guys could run the offense?

Don't forget how awful it was to watch JVG-era Rockets play offense.

19. thaGREATwall

thaGREATwall Member

I'm seriously about to the point of no return where I am going to bail on this team until we get a new coach. Same thing happened with me and the Texans, and I am still mostly apathetic about the team, but care a little more now that they finally got a coach.

When the stadium is booing, the owner better ****ing listen. This bull **** has to end. Fire McHale!!!!

20. thaGREATwall

thaGREATwall Member

Don't forget just how awful guys like Rafer Alston, Luther Head, Juwan Howard's corpse, and Bonzi Wells were. I also can't forget offensive studs like Jon Barry, Keith Bogans, Ryan Bowen, and David Wesley. Top tier offensive talent right there!