1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Montrezl Harrell

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by nwcougar, Oct 30, 2015.

1. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Harrel looks like another Faried which is great but he showed a decent jumper in college and hopefully can start hitting those as well.

Right now he reminds me of Capela in that he has good hands and can finish around the basket and play decent defense. Seems like we just need a solid vet at the 4 to settle all of this and move on from Jones and maybe DMo as well. We've been linked to Thad Young forever now...

2. tinywang

tinywang Contributing Member

Anyone know if Harrell is starting tonight?

3. Rocket_Man_2.0

Chuck Hayes is starting!:p

4. i3artow i3aller

5. OTMax

OTMax Member

The only positive of the season.

6. getbloodyred

getbloodyred Member

Montrezl >>>> Jones

Jones has been so bad this season. I thought he could step it up, because he had a full offseason, but nothing has changed. In fact, it seems like he's regressed so far. I'm done with Jones. Trade him and get a draft pick or something. All I know is that he doesn't belong on a team trying to win a championship. It sucks though, because I would've liked for there to be continuity in the roster but to win a ring, you need talent. Something that Joens doesn't provide.

7. smileandnod

smileandnod Member

Harrell has played well and Jones has played god awful. Happy bout Harrell. Hope he takes advantage of this oppertunity for more minutes.

8. ind0fo0

ind0fo0 Contributing Member

Lol... The one person who gave a **** in the first few games of the season and FAR outplayed tjones got benched. Fine, you want to showcase tjones for a mid-season trade, but is it worth racking up all these L's?

9. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Harrell should have been in there grabbing rebounds. McHale continues to embarrass himself trying to coach.

10. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

First, he didn't want to play Thornton for no apparent reason given. Now he refuses to play our PF with the longest wingspan on the team and his rebound demon. Whats the explanation here? Why did Jason Terry get playing time?

11. Newlin

Newlin Member

And if Harrell had played, and played poorly. Then you would be complaining that McHale was stupid to play Harrell. You people.:rolleyes:

12. eman

eman Contributing Member

I wonder why McHale didn't give Harrell any burn. We were killed on the boards.

13. basketballholic

Don't understand the calls for Harrell to help us on the boards. He's not a good rebounder at this stage of his career.

14. CertifiedTroll

Lol. Why did they use a picture of Langston Galloway for Willie Cauley-Stein...

1 person likes this.
  15. eman

eman Contributing Member

Agree, but feel he is better than Jones in both defending and rebounding. Wonder why he DNP'd, is all.

16. Tacoma Rocket

Tacoma Rocket Member

Enery

Harrell brings energy, which we sorely missed last night. We were getting dominated by second chance points, and he is the kind of player that could have helped us. He has not just shown flashes, he has shown in the first few games as a whole that he can play in this league already.

I have never understood McHale's rotations and when he chooses not to play someone. He did it to Demo too. Harrell reminds me of what Karl Landry back in the day. At first we just loved his energy. Then it got to the point where we really needed him to contend. Play this guy. He has a bit of an 'it' factor. Thats all i can say.

Oh, and when is Demo coming back? We seem to forget how well he was playing when he got hurt last year. He was our #2 scoring option behind Harden until his injury.

17. OTMax

OTMax Member

There's no method to McHale's madness. I've tried to figure his rotations, many have, and I don't think anyone can figure it out.

18. Ns575

Ns575 Member

*dmo *dmo *dmo *dmo *dmo

19. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Exactly.

The coach, GM, and everyone else is beyond criticism. Shouldn't be done. Ever.

20. Raven

Raven Member

I wouldn't put it past Morey to order the showcasing of Jones, which McHale would probably go along with, as I've always suspected he's a company man.