1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

is there a hiring thread?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Charles Jones, Mar 25, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I can say the same.

2. joeson332

joeson332 Member

3. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Bump

My close friend works in IT and just got laid off. Anyone hiring or have any contacts in the IT field?

His speciality is Web Application / Dvelopment and software development

4. doboyz

doboyz Contributing Member

So is he in development or IT, or doing devops type stuff? There's a wide range of options, and i would say his best chance is to get on LinkedIn and have his profile filled out and resume done. All my jobs have come from LinkedIn, and i get atleast 2-3 messages a day from recruiters and companies that are hiring. Good luck to your friend.

5. Mprice

Mprice Member

I'm so glad you guys bumped this thread I am currently looking for a new job myself something close to my career field (Business Admin) and I am currently in my final year of college. I have been living on linkedin searching and I will thoroughly enjoy anything of assistance for my search. Thanks in advance!!

6. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Not in Obama's America.

7. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Register at your campus career center for any possible on site recruiting, get a Book of Lists and find out all the largest STAFFING companies in your town, put in for entry level A/P - A/R clerk, Treasury or Purchasing roles listed on their sites and see if they call you back for anything.

8. jbasket

jbasket Member

I got some great news on my end, securing a upper echelon internship gig at Alcoa. So excited for it, and grateful considering the absolute ****show I went through to land an internship last summer.

Networking guys, networking. Didn't even have to do a technical interview.

Your college career placement center needs to be your best friend ASAP. Do all the routes:

Potential Options:

1) Go to their online site (if they have one)
    2) Do on-campus interviews
    3) Career Fairs (Got my internship for this summer from combo of 2 and 3)
    4) Subscribe to mailing list of jobs that they give out
    5) Find a department specific career placement officer, if there is one.
    6) etc.

If anything, meet with an adviser there to discuss all and every option out there.

Out of curiosity, what type of jobs are you looking for? Shoot me your resume. No guarantees, but I'll see if I can reach out to anybody. Develop a full LinkedIn profile if you haven't. You can add me for reference.

Edit: Should have read your full statement, already have a LinkedIn going, my bad. Good work.

#68 jbasket, Nov 6, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2015
  9. Mprice

Mprice Member

Thank you so much, just looking for as many ideas as possible.

10. jbasket

jbasket Member

Shoot me a message.

Shoot me a message.

Only if you praise Morey for the next month ;)