1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Stevie Forms a Record Label!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by CoinToss, Aug 21, 2003.

1. Texas Stoke

Texas Stoke Contributing Member

you're being too dramatic. you are not meeting me eye to eye. I refuse to discuss this with you since you are acting so dramatic and emotional. your thoughts are tainted by some emotional attachment to Steve. its impossible to talk to you.

btw, I think the same thing about Yao, he's much too involved in promotions, commercials, media calls and all that and he hasn't done a damn thing. basketball players should at least lead their team to the playoffs before they start jetting off to do commercial shoots in the middle of regular season road trips. if he played half as good as he advertises himself he would be a 20 and 10 player.

2. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

So how many hours a day do you expect these guys to spend on basketball, seriously. If you think my posts are dramatic, they just point out the ridiculousness of your position. Its basketball. These guys aren't trying to cure cancer, seriously how much time do you think they should spend on practice or working out.

As far as me defending Steve because of my emotional attachment, I have no emotional attachment to Mo Taylor, as a matter of fact, I really don't like him, but I defended him for similar ridiculous criticism he and Kelvin Cato received for eating out together.

#22 pgabriel, Aug 22, 2003
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2003
  3. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Man, are we really arguing about this again?!?

Guys are allowed to have lives outside of basketball just like we are allowed to have lives outside our jobs. Unless they do something that risks injury, I really don't see what the problem is.

4. Texas Stoke

pgabriel, I don't know. But this recording label of his will have a direct impact on what he's payed a 11 million a year to do, maybe not physically, but mentally, emotionally. You cannot sit there and tell me that having a recording company will not demand a lot of your mental focus, time, and energy, and that it will not have an impact on the mental focus and devotion you would like to give to your main occupation.

but who knows, maybe this does the exact opposite of what I'm thinking and makes him a better basketball player.

#24 Texas Stoke, Aug 22, 2003
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2003
  5. nolan

nolan Member

who here owns their own buisness?

6. rocketlaunch

rocketlaunch Contributing Member

i own a record label

7. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

there is plenty of valid reasons to bash "franchise", but starting a record label isnt one of them.

will it be sucessfull? - probably not

will steve turn his investment into profit? - probably not

will we care about any acts on his label? - probably not

however, everyone has hobbies or interests that they like to persue in their free time. more power to you "franchise".

anyway, its not like steve will be a full time label head. could you imagine him in the studio going "uh, sounds good dudes but i think you need a little more treble on that rhythm guitar there and maybe we could put some cowbell in there too."

if we want to bash him how about for his lack of leadership, his inability to get his team into the playoffs despite being a max contract player, his lack of on the court maturity and control or his inability to make his teammates better. those are all valid reasons to bash, but starting a record label is not.

8. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

And my the only one that think that he made the lable just so he can get closer with the highschool girl that he signed?

9. sydmill

sydmill Member

Man, are we really arguing about this again?!?

Guys are allowed to have lives outside of basketball just like we are allowed to have lives outside our jobs. Unless they do something that risks injury, I really don't see what the problem is.

EXACTLY, get off his case and let him live his life. And if starting a record label is being a disloyal *******, then so is making post on clutchcity when you could be doing something for your jobs. Simple fact remains Stevie is one the best guards in the NBA, and therefore we should support him instead of slamming him. So do what you want Steve you don't have to answer to any of these haters.

SYDMILL SAID THAT!!!!

10. Texas Stoke

There is a problem. If I'm paying you a 11 million dollars a year and you are earning your paycheck with the time and hardwork I expect there is no way you can have the time and energy to have two other companys on the side.

11. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

everyone has to have hobbies interest outside of their profession. forget about how much money he makes...its irrelevant.

he cant be playing ball 24/7. its not fair to expect him to do nothing other than concentrate on b-ball all hours of the day.

i dont think that running a label would take away from his dedication to his job. i would even say that its beneficial to have outside intrests to focus some of your energy on.

einstein wasnt always working on theories of relativity and splitting the atom. he liked to play the violin in his spare time, but that didnt make him any less of a physicist. (and no im not comparing steve to einstein)

like i said, there is plenty other more reasonable ways to bash steve other than running a record label.

12. Texas Stoke

I just don't think starting business's on the side are hobbies. I mean playing the violin, sailing, or being an amateur astronomer, is one thing, but having to run a company is another, thats another job, not a hobby. But hey, what is this, me just being a selfish fan who wants to see Francis become a better basketball player, for my own gratification, because the Rockets are one of my hobbies. : D

#32 Texas Stoke, Aug 23, 2003
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2003
  13. Miggidy Markell

He is paid 11 million to follow the terms and conditions of his contract. I highly doubt his contract prevents him from wasting his time/energy on other business issues.

14. Friendly Fan

Friendly Fan PinetreeFM60 Exposed

dream was always knee deep in business deals

willis had his own clothing line

Charles always had his hand in a half dozen things

Steve will either buy into to a team scheme or not, and his little side businesses shouldn't impact that much.

15. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

Francis is going to have a listening party TONIGHT for his new group.

It's 8pm at The Gatsby on the corner of University and Kirby.

From what I understand THE PUBLIC IS INVITED...someone go and give us a full report!!

16. vasecase

vasecase Member

maybe i should send in my demo tape of bros covers...

17. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

He was on Channel 2 last night...looks like his group is made up of some honeys.

Also said he wants to get into producing movies and other things, not just music.

18. freeflowin'

freeflowin' Member

many managing directors, ceos, and etc. have their main job and hold multiple positions on different board of directors. bill gates has his foundation. warren buffett sits on multiple companies. look at our politicos: bush, rummy, cheney - they all have investments in the private sector that they need to manage, once they leave political office. do a google or yahoo finance search on any of the big or small named upper management types.

you can have your cake and eat it too.