1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden was partying with Meek Mill in Miami on Halloween

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ScolaIsBallin, Nov 1, 2015.

1. ooooaaaah!

ooooaaaah! Member

You know there was this player (double entendre intended) named Magic Johnson that won championships while partying and having sex with 10 women at a time.

Hi5

2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Yeah that's bull****

3. conquistador#11

those gangmembers with the flower print dress shirts and pink pants are dangerous I tell you.

4. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Honestly I don't really care about this stuff as long as guys are generally taking care of business on the court. But seeing this **** is annoying when you're getting off to the worst start in NBA history. This was supposed to be a season with championship expectations and it seems like he doesn't even care that he's ****ting the bed.

5. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

You're kidding right? We have a thread dedicated to "James McFrauden" and by the climate around here you'd think that Harden is a lost cause, and should be cast away. Its complete chaos around here.... partially for good reasons, but I think we need to step back and look at the situation with broader lenses. Should we be that shocked about all of this?

Criticism... I have said it myself. He parties more than fans here would like, and he has mental breakdowns occasionally that affect his game. The world saw it in the Finals back when he was with OKC, and its something that's well known.

He's not prime Kobe, and MJ. He's more Lebron with less athletic talent, and a knack for the bachelor life. Lebron, as one of the best players of all time, has had stretches where mentally he just gets thrown off majorly, and his team suffers. This is a thing some players deal with.

But my point is that he's likely to recover, and still return back to the Harden we saw the past three years. I understand that knowledgeable fans will get it, and recognize that its not the end of the franchise. However, there are still a good batch of fanatics here that are on the verge of going bat s#$% crazy.

Folks just need to calm down... this is who he is, but you can't flip flop on the guy and freak out every time this happens. The same people going crazy are the same people that are going to say that Harden is the MVP in a couple weeks when he starts balling again.

You have to know who he is, and accept it to a certain extent because we know the alternative. Criticize away, but don't act so freaking shocked and personally attacked.

Again... I don't clump you in that group, or some of the other (few and far between) posters here left that aren't lunatics.

6. sew

sew Member

lol@ 'Mc'Frauden

7. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

thanks. it seems the narrative that it's 100% on the players and mchale's contribution has been impeccable is in the script at 790.

8. dragician

dragician Member

Trade him for Jeremy Lin.

9. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

So Harden will get HIV and become a Billionaire?

10. Camarograna2

Camarograna2 Contributing Member

Guys I found the root cause for the bad start. It isn't Mcfail and his lack of being any kind of a real coach. It isn't Jones alter ego that thinks he can dribble like Iverson It isn't that harden was partying with meek. It isn't that Ty is hesitant to take the lead at times. It isn't that Harden is in a slump. It isn't that Ariza lost his groove. IT IS that i have not hanged the Rockets flag outside of the house. Its not that i'm a bad fan guys its just that the mounting rings broke. I fly flags here in DFW for my Htown teams all year long and when i took down the astros flag before the first Rockets game the mounting ring broke. Have no fear though i just received my new ring so all will be good. If we dont win tonight its on me.

11. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Curry is cocky. I don't really see this as an issue if you can back it up. MJ was cocky, too.

12. ths balla

ths balla Member

some of you guys are hilarious..."he is at the club, he doesn't care about basketball, he is not a leader"...he is doing the exact same thing he did last year when he was an MVP candidate...He didnt go out the Tuesday night before the Denver game and stuck it up as well, hes just going through a cold streak, chill out people.....

FYI Jordan used to go to Atlantic City the night before games with Rodman and a couple teammates

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

You can do it when you don't suck. So far this season, Harden sucks so he has no business partying till 4 AM before a 6PM game which is the start of a back to back.

When you suck but you are doing the right things, it can be written off as not a big deal. When you suck and you are doing the wrong things....not so much.

14. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Gang affiliated? x_x

Also, where is Morey with his usual interviews?

15. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

I don't care about how or why. Doesn't matter.

Just play better. The team is only going to go as far as Harden's game will take it.

16. malakas

malakas Member

Of course people think he will recover. If noone thought he would recover noone would care that much because he would be a scrub.
    I dont' accept the "accept him for who he is" argument. Players are people too. They make mistakes and their behaviour should be critisized same as would for a normal person. Do you just say "oh that's who you are" when a person you know fck up , lie (as Harden did when he said he would start focusing and instead went out all night to a club) say big words and their actions prove to be the opposite?
    I do critisize them and I do the same for Harden.
    I still am a huge fan of his and I care to see him come back and be even better that's why I post in this thread.
    He has to realise that he's not a kid anymore. Partying after a while catches up to you. Does he want to become an MVP or not?
    I dont' even care that much about the shooting. I care about his lack of effort his complete eye popping disregard of defence and his lack of focus as shown by his partying after a string of shameful perfomances.

Harden hasn't earned the right to even be compared to either Jordan or Magic. When he can do what they could in both ends of the floor and leads his team to championships then this comparison will stop being laughable.

17. Shirt Off

Shirt Off Member

so? i thought that's what ppl did on halloween?

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

People without responsibilities the next day? Absolutely.

19. ibm

ibm Member

that's what we ordinary ppls may do on halloween night, not necessarily for pro athletes who just started their season 0-2 in a terrible fashion.

i dont really care about harden's life style off the court, or any other players' - as long as its not of any distraction to the team.

is harden's off-the-court life style a distraction to the team? i have no way to know for certain. but from his apparently excessive partying and dating khloe and such, sometimes it sure feels like it.

and those arguments of "look, mj/magic (fill in the blank here) have done it..." have a flawed logic.

20. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

basically nobody would care what he does in free time if the team was winning games. But since they are 0-3 with blowout losses and the last loss after being up 21 with harden starting season 3 of 30 from 3..everything he does off court is magnified. people want to place blame on something that probably has been going on for quite some time with him. I doubt he changed his lifestyle that much since the okc days. that being said, morey should have put something in his contract about his offseason conditioning.