1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Spurs are going to have a dilemma with Aldridge and Timmy

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by what, Nov 1, 2015.

Tags:
  1. gunawanspurs

gunawanspurs Member

Actually, the OP opinion is a valid concern, even among the Spurs fan them selves, we have been talking about it since summer.

Well, in Portland he has Robin Lopez which range is not all that great even compared to Duncan's ever shrinking range.

Danny Green starts this season in such a cold spell, basically having an early autumn blizzard on him, and Leonard also focusing more in his midrange game. Don't think this team will ever be top 5, but i think it will get better as the season went off.

Yeah, we think he is a bit passive out there but i think it is more about a guy trying to fit in in such a well knit team like the Spurs. He simply defers too much at times, not wanting to rock the boat. But in today's Boston game, he was taking over in the 4th, money well spent.

=========================

I honestly think at this moment, the Spurs are not championship material -Playoff, sure, but that's not the measuring stick of this veteran team. But i also think this team still has room to grow, and that room is quite spacious & at its best, it CAN challenge for championship next summer.

2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Uh, Parker and Duncan have been running a PnR for years. That was their bread-n-butter along with a triple post, wing attack with Ginobody and Duncan running slip screens. And the first title with Parker didn't really involve Ginobody that much. And the ball movement of their last championship was a totally new offense for Pops to run, which was never run in the previous titles. You are describing the first four titles completely wrong.

Besides, Parker, LMA have been showcasing the PnR in preseason, as well. What are you talking about?

Now, if you want to say they can't run their ball movement of the previous two years and also integrate LMA's need to run standard low post, then I'm fine with that and have been mentioning it in several threads, so maybe you read my take on that. But that has nothing to do with Parker. Parker is perfectly fine with LMA. The issue is LMA cannot run motion like Duncan can, so will the role-players chosen by Pops to run the recent motion capable of adjusting to heavy focus on LMA.

I have no clue why you'd think Parker can't coexist with a dominant PF who probably has the best Pick in Pop in the game right now.

#22 heypartner, Nov 1, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2015
  3. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

heyparter ,

you are just smarter than the OP

4. heypartner

You must be one of vast majority of stupid Spurs fans who like to blame Parker for everything. Even Rockets fans have stupid fans who are agenda posters and place blame in wrong directions.

We don't care about what you idiotic Spurs fans argue about, when it's a clear agenda to question Parker, yet again, even after everything that he has proven.

The Spurs problem, if one is revealed, will not be Parker's style of play. It will be that your are too freaking old. It could also be that the recent crop of role players that Pops has been fielding the last two years are no good without a motion offense. Pops will have to use less of his recent offensive system to integrate LMA. The question is: will the role players be able to adjust to more standard PF-dominant game like the first 4 titles. This won't be about Parker not being able to adjust to LMA.

I hate Spurs fans who blame Parker as often as they can.

5. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

The low post is not Aldridge's primary game. He's the stretch 4 that doesn't stretch that far out.

Besides, the Spurs has not been relying on Duncan's low post scoring for years. Where have you been, what?

6. heypartner

And he's a great 18-20' shooter. He doesn't even need to shoot 3s prove the OP wrong. His 20' Pick n Pop has already proven deadly in preseason to beat any supposed lane-clogging that the OP requires to happen for his argument to have any semblance of truth.

7. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

he's been jealous that NWA had a successful career and movie and that 2 Live Crew is not relevant except in the cheap miami strip clubs

8. gunawanspurs

gunawanspurs Member

We'll see, personally i think Tony will be fine offensively with LMA, it was & is his defense that has deteriorated so badly last season & this going in that has me concerned so much. :cool:

And you already put label on me without really knowing me first, talking about being a smart ass. The Spurs will win or won't it will be up to their collective effort & some luck, nothing that i or you the internet warrior can do about it, so i will leave it at that. :rolleyes:

9. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

Duncan is good at passing the ball too, so...you lost me here with the comparison.

10. roslolian

roslolian Member

How is this any different from Grizz makeup, except Spurs have better players? How come when its the Grizz doing the two post scorers thing it's grit and grind but when the Spurs are doing it (with better 2 points) it's a recipe for failure?

11. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Did you really say Aldridge is a low-post player? He's the definition of a big that stretches the floor and flourishes from the high-post and long PnR.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Franchize

Franchize Member

You forgot that they have a Kawhi.

13. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Watch this video, all Spurs games and Timmys&LMA's career games. Don't even closely understand how you can come up with such idiocy, saying LMA would block the paint or that him and Duncan would both pack the paint. These guys are the definition of smart spacing and big stretching.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/HbruVmVMAo8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

14. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Oh god...1.5 difference after three games to start the season, which at this point is only decided by a weak shooting night from one player.

15. OTMax

OTMax Member

This is not sarcastic by OP? WOW...

16. digitallinh

digitallinh Member

Yes top 10 nba player. Best defender in the NBA. That guy.

17. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Aww man...I was confident the Spurs would be overrated this year until the OP started this thread. Now they will probably go on to be 75-7 and sweep their way to the championship.