1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Warriors @ Rockets 10/30/2015

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 29, 2015.

1. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

The most frustrating thing about this game is that we now have a point guard that excels in the Pick'n'Roll, 3 above the rim bigs that excel in the Pick'n'Roll & Harden...who is uncontainable on the Pick'n'Roll, yet we hardly ever run the Pick'n'Roll!!!

2. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Capela is already higher in B-Ball IQ than Howard. How can this be? Dwight would never have been able to make some of those passes that Clint pulled off.

3. bmd

bmd Member

I know.. I didn't say that they were perfect. But overall they were doing fine.

4. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Harden excessively switches almost every single time and never fights through picks... ALWAYS. If you ever played pick up ball, you would know that people who do this do it because they are either lazy or don't have the stamina to keep up.

5. OpportunityCost

Will be the same as last year. Team won't get to the Finals with undisciplined play and no direction on offense. YMCA/Fonde pick-up offense won't work against the upper-echelon teams/coaches in the West - it's too easy to defend. What a pity too with all of this talent.

6. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Dwight is treated even more unfairly than Yao ever was. I didn't think it was possible but it's true. The opposition knows they can use their arms to get underneath Dwight's and get the foul call on him. These things have to be reported with a formal letter to the league office each and every time.

7. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Honestly like some have said we actually out played them in the first quarter. If harden shot is not taken away and we don't get to technical fouls we are up by 3.

We out rebounded them made more FGs had more asissts and less TOs.

If we play like that first quarter all game and harden can actually shoot 45/38 like last year (im sure he will) rockets will be as good as many here thought. Dmo will help a lot more then many think he might be our 2nd most important player on offense after harden.

8. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Just imagine if they did that for 82 games. They'd go 82-0!!!

Our guys act like absolute idiots against this Warriors team. Case in point Harden's reaction to his two blocks in the first quarter.

I love the rivalry. I love firing up. But chill the hell out man. They've punked us so many times recently. And there's still 3 more quarters for them to punk us after that stupid celebration.

Needless to say they did.

You don't need to give the Warriors more motivation to turn on the switch and embarrass you.

There's nobody on that Warriors team who's head you can get into and make them play worse by going this route (unlike some teams where I believe it is a good tactic)

Should go the way of the Pelicans. There's a hard/awkward foul? Go up to them and hi 5 them let them know you're sorry.

Instead of putting it in their head 'I'm going to come down next possession and murder this guy'

9. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

He's the best passing big on the team. I don't what it is with the refs and Howard and I don't want to think about it anymore. It's time to focus on Clint Capela paired with DMo. It's going to work out great and is the best ball movement possible on offense in the post. Both are just light years ahead of D. Howard at passing out of the post or doing other b-ball iq things.

10. chandlerbang21

Curry just dripped 53 points on 62% shooting smh true superstar

11. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

WTF. Curry 53+9????

12. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Warriors really want to 82-0...so crazy.

Rockets still said it's just 2 games. Looolllll.

13. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

OR perhaps they are just toying around with us...trying to let us build a lead...only then to crush our dreams...

People dont give them enough credit for entering into elite territory. If they are healthy...they will get to the finals again. They really have one major challenge in the West and that is the Spurs. Thats about it...

14. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

I think the Clippers match up well against the Warriors. I think the Clippers would beat them in a 7 game series. Griffin is just a tank down low. DJ owns the paint defensively. I still think the Warriors win the division though.

15. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Lets be honest Harden is lazy on defense - and it hurts our team.

DD

16. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

He looks out of shape. He seems slow and uninterested.

17. acefan18

acefan18 Member

I agree, maybe not uninterested, but definitely slow and out of shape. I'm HOPING that our shooting woes are because the team doesn't have their legs under them yet, and that as we get in better shape our shooting %'s will go up. Our offense looks terrible, but we have gotten good looks; they just aren't falling right now. God I hope conditioning is the reason. Please!!

18. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Sets a bad precedence when your best player doesn't give the effort on defense. And it's not like McHale holds anyone accountable. Poor leadership in many ways.