1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets emerge as threat Warrior (Grantland)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by 18pbr, Oct 23, 2015.

1. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

Exactly. I'm not believing the hype about coming out the West until the Rockets prove they can play good defense consistently, which started to be not very good toward the latter half of last season and continued into the playoffs. If I remember correctly the Rockets had multiple games where they gave up over 120 points to every opponent in the playoffs. Now the backcourt is slightly worse defensively with Harden and Lawson, the PF spot is inconsistent, and Dwight has lingering back and knee issues.

2. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Internet High Five

Well said and I agree 100%al

3. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Not sure the backcourt defense will be worse with Ty and bev than terry and prig since you are talking playoffs

4. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Wanna beat the Warriors...become an elite defensive team 1st. The truth is that our team has all the pieces NOW...we can realistically match-up with anyone. However, our offensive ability wasn't in question. It was our defense, and a lack there of in the postseason. We couldnt stop the Mavs, Clippers, or Warriors AT ALL...We were able to outscore/shoot the Mavs, had the Clippers collapse, and the Warriors shifted gears on the road.

Wanna win the title, be in the top 5 defensively...and you instantly become a title contender. Hoping James and Dwight get this...Hope Mchale gets this...

5. malakas

malakas Member

If I remember correctly stats show that Lawson is a worse defender than Terry.

6. Grandpappy

Grandpappy Member

They had two forty year olds trying to chase what was arguably the two quickest point guards in the league..of course their defense was not great. Terry having to chase curry all game long affected his three point shooting as well, his legs just weren't there.

7. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Do you think adding a healthy pbev and dmo, more experience and playing time for Capela and mcdaniels, and rookie Montrez to the wcf team last year will improve our defense or not?

8. acsorelle4

acsorelle4 Member

That's all I got, brotha.

9. malakas

malakas Member

In the Simmons podcast they said that there is a big rumour around the league that Miami will trade Deng+Winslow for Melo.
    Dragic+Wade+Melo+Bosh+Whiteside?

10. Scola Scoops

Scola Scoops Member

What is defense?

11. OpenLayup-Why3?

DaWhite HowAward

1 person likes this.
  12. Marteen

Marteen Member

You know the Rockets, if healthy, can make this a really fun season if even Zach "Rockets basher" Lowe says they're a threat.

13. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

just like acsorelle4 says...

WE ARE THREAT WARRIOR

cheesy one-liner...which WE DEFINE :)

You can see Corey say it. WE ARE THREAT...then pause...WARRIOR...ending in the evil laugh

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#73 heypartner, Oct 24, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2015
  14. malakas

malakas Member

Zach Lowe is not a Rockets basher at all. So dissapointing that people cant see with a straight head his analysis.
    So he said that the Rockets are not exciting to watch? So? That was for neutral fans not homers who will watch their team anyway. Doens't make one a Rockets hater.

1 person likes this.
  15. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I agree. Zach Lowe is top tier NBA writers. Not understanding why fans of the NBA don't get it.

It's like, OK, who do you like then?

1 person likes this.
  16. d12babymamas

d12babymamas Member

I'm still trying to decipher the thread title....

Rockets emerge as threat Warrior

17. d12babymamas

d12babymamas Member

Sorry too lazy to click the link and read the article so I'm gonna just guess...

Rockets emerge as threat Warrior

A) Rockets emerge as threatening warriors
    B) Rockets emerge as Warriors' threat
    C) Rockets emerge as Warriors threaten
    D) Rockets emerge as threat to the Warriors

Good night...

18. PeppermintCandy

So in one article Lowe thinks the Rockets are the least watchable among playoff teams, one of the reasons being the interminable free throw parade.

In another article, he says he loves this team because they have waves of athletic players who will run all game.

So, he doesn't like that the Rockets slow the game down, but he likes that we can speed things up?

:confused:

19. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Hey this is nothing new, the Rockets always have to prove the naysayers such as yourself wrong. I'm pretty sure you didn't believe they would make it pass the 2nd rd last season.

We did pretty well last season defensively before our defensive anchor came back. So calm down brother, we will be alright.

20. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

Yah honestly does anyone know any realistic scenarios? I mean barring injury we only really need to upgrade at pf and maybe more of a elite defender. I looked but have no idea who we could get. Also, lowes article mentions melo but that seems like an impossibility