1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official ALDS] Astros vs. Royals

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Oct 7, 2015.

1. Giant9erRocket

Giant9erRocket Hakeem Olajuwon Status

Why didn't Dallas start the game?

2. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Season being over means this stuff moved to the GARM.

3. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Could have something to do with him throwing well over 100 pitches on Sunday.

4. GottaHaveHeart

Irrelevant franchise since the 80's....just broke out last year

5. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Man I'm so sad right now... Sure we passed everyone's expectations but we should be moving on.

We got carried away in game 4 thinking we had the game won when we were up by 4 and that flipped the switch for them... Congrats to K.C. but this one hurts.

6. CK Johnson

CK Johnson Member

RIP Tals Hill :(

7. GottaHaveHeart

Astros horrible playoffs continue (disappointments)...but I'm optimistic in the direction we are headed!

*We need to be more than an all or nothing team
    *Hinch got some valuable managerial experience
    *Get Price
    *Get an upgrade bat at the C spot
    *Get a reliever that throws some HEAT

8. GottaHaveHeart

I agree! We let it get away which makes it all that more disappointing cause WE had it:(

9. Mr. Space City

it was fun being in the ALCS for a few minutes before that 8th inning collapse in game 4

10. RocketManJosh

RocketManJosh Contributing Member

This certainly would have been easier to take if we didn't have that 8th inning collapse .. You don't mind losing, but having it snatched away is so much more painful

11. Mr. Space City

<iframe src="https://vine.co/v/eEDJnKMXDt7/embed/simple" width="600" height="600" frameborder="0"></iframe><script src="https://platform.vine.co/static/scripts/embed.js"></script>

lmao :grin:

12. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The bulldozers are moving in tonight.

13. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Great season Stros.

Future is bright.

Management will sow up our weaknesses (only 2 players away) and next season will be even better.

#5393 Houstunna, Oct 15, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2015
  14. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Thank God the Rangers lost

15. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

No doubt!

16. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Stros were leading in all games.

Stros were a better team and lost! Shame

17. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

The Astros are not a better team than the Royals.

18. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

this is the .9 lillard shot for our stros..

next year it'll be the wcf, or the alcs...

we'll get that trophy..

rockets too!

19. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

They blew an easy series and controlled every game.

They were the better team, but a bit inexperienced.

if Keuchel didn't have to pitch wildcard game he would have thrown two games.

They would have beaten the Royals.

20. LondonAstro

LondonAstro Member

Utterly heartbroken after this. Such a great season but so near, so far... That game 4 will haunt us until we erase its memory, hopefully next season.

The core of the team is there to give us years of great Astros teams but this was definitely an opportunity wasted. Despite not being the better team overall we were the better team on the night in each of the first 4 games and, ultimately, it was a combination of our inexperience, poor pitching changes & sheer bad luck that scuppered our chances here.

Hardly controversial points but we badly need a couple of high heat power arms in the bullpen. Sipp aside (and even he had a real bad patch this year) none of them have any intimidation factor out there, we need someone who gets that first out just because of their aura out there. Neshek/Harris/Fields/Perez are without question not that guy.

We need to spend on bolstering our hitters too, personally think it would be a borderline outrage if we don't go big to get Rasmus back - perfect fit for the team, clearly somewhat a leader out there in terms of performance, never afraid of the big moment either home or away. Real hero & we need to make sure he's ours.

Keuchel, McHugh & McCullers will all be even better next year for their experience this season, with DK clearly one of the whole ballclub' leaders. Love the guy & hope he gets a fully deserved Cy Young award. Kazmir? I think we should look elsewhere. Fiers? I'm on the fence.

Who's the real Gattis? The monster who kept emerging between May-August or the pathetic imitation of a DH who plagued April & October? We need to know. Gomez could still prove a hit but I think he needs to think about things a little more out there.

So sad that Altuve couldn't make his mark on this series, I wonder what happened?

Correa is insanely good. I feel ridiculed for ever having any doubts when he got the call. He will be absolutely immense for us. Guaranteed.

Hopefully Springer can avoid another injured spell next season as I feel we're not even close to seeing all of him yet.

Carter is so frustrating - if we can get a full season out of him he's a monster, if not he's a waste of a position. Make your mind up CC.

Castro is fantastic behind the plate but we badly need him to rediscover some batting form otherwise it's a bit of a lead weight on the hitting lineup.

Marisnick - if he can improve his hitting consistency then he's absolutely worth having as his defense is stellar, do like the guy.

Valbuena is a slightly frustrating one, feel like he can be better than he is. Worth sticking with.

Lowrie had a pretty quiet end to the year. Hopefully he can stay healthy all next season and be a big bat.

As for Hinch, terrific debut season with us and massive respect to him for that but can't help feeling he badly messed up with numerous pitching changes in this series. He's too loyal sometimes to players.

Anyway I'm rambling now - SO proud of our team and hugely looking forward to next season! We can come back and be even better, and I believe we will!!

Watch the Royals celebrate, soak up that hurt & pain and use it for next year - learn to hate this feeling with all your heart & make sure it never ever happens again!!

I love this team.