1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official ALDS] Astros vs. Royals

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Oct 7, 2015.

1. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

You can put move the DH into the field whenever you want, but you lose the DH. The pitcher has to hit.

2. right1

right1 Member

Ok. Thanks. That explains why I haven't seen it happen.

3. joeson332

joeson332 Member

At work and just realized my shirt and tie are KC Royals blue
    Son
    of
    a

But you know the last time I did this I accidentally wore a navy blue shirt the day of the Rockets and Mavs opener and we owned that series. So................

4. what

what Member

If I were hinch, I'd dh Gomez and take out Gattis, and play jake marisnick in centerfield.

I don't know how injured Gomez really is, and I'd rather field the best defense possible.

The only downfall here is that you basically are forced to keep marisnick in the game, unless you want to play preston tucker in center

5. the shark

the shark Member

Why does it even matter as you've ALREADY made up your mind that they're going to lose tonight.

6. right1

right1 Member

That is what I said last game when Gomez let that one drop at his shoestrings. That ball is easily caught by a healthy Gomez I would think and definitely by Marisnick.

7. LondonAstro

LondonAstro Member

^ Good point about that one Gomez let drop, it did look close enough to be puzzling as to why he didn't go for it.

So nervous about tonight!! COME ON YOU ASTROS!!! Believe!

8. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Tucker could still play left...moving Rasmus over to center where he's pretty good, too.

Not a bad idea, though.

9. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

No way in hell Tucker should be in the field, he's a huge liability out there. I would be OK with him starting over Gattis. But nobody other than Marisnick, Springer, Gomez and Rasmus should be in the outfield.

10. leroy

I'm not saying he should be. I was just responding to what's idea of playing Marisnick in center with Gomez as the DH. He said that we'd have to put Tucker in center should he pinch hit for Marisnick and I was just pointing out that he wouldn't have to play center.

11. JonRetro

JonRetro Contributing Member

if we dont have the lead going into the 6th.. its over, i can see the royals going to their bullpen early and shutting us down

12. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

We just lit up the Royals bullpen. Davis is untouchable at the end, but the rest of the pen has been very shaky down the stretch.

13. Buck Turgidson

Man, this is going to be a long day of nerves and anticipation.

When a team suffers a crushing loss like that, you never know what to expect the next game. You could be Oswalt and the Astros, and just go out and kick the hell out of them, or you could be Bartman and the Cubs, and just roll over and die.

14. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

I just want to put this game begind us, no matter what the outcome.

15. leroy

So few of these guys, if any of them at all, have experience in "oh s***, here we go again" that I'm not worried about their ability to bounce back. They're mostly young and stupid. They'll be fine.

IMO, the key tonight is Altuve. Springer has been doing great and Correa has come out of the hole. If Altuve is hitting and creating havoc with those 2 behind him, we'll score some runs tonight. I'm looking forward to that dumbass Cueto and his stupid hesitations. It seems to make our hitters more patient and they know to stay back on him.

16. E-Man

E-Man Member

So no one here is kind enough to provide the pass code for the ALCS pre-sale? I only need 1 ticket and it's for me.

Anyone?

17. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Whatever happens, its been a hell of a ride....

18. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Still pretty down from the last game's collapse....but, it's been a hell of a season. So regardless what happens tonight, this **** has been fun...frustrating at times...but so damn fun. I almost for got how fun October Baseball is.

Go Astros! Beat the hell out of KC!

BTW. I foresee a Gattis BOMB and Springer knocking one out tonight.

19. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

That's the problem. I love October Baseball. And I want more of it, damn it!

20. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Whatever the outcome...basketball season is only 2 weeks away.

I'm feeling good about this one though.