1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Donatas Motiejunas unsure he'll be ready

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ico4498, Sep 11, 2015.

1. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Has there ever been anyone who returned from back surgery and was better than before? Unless you count Quitten undergoing it before his 2nd season with the Bulls(and I wouldn't count that, BTW), I can't think of any examples.

2. OpenLayup-Why3?

Why do you quote me? My post states the same as yours.

3. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Yeah, I can't imagine someone getting better at basketball without being able to practice or play for six months. Sucks that DMo basically stunts his growth for a year to recover from this injury. Hopefully he's as good as he normally is by playoff time.

4. nobie

nobie Member

His first shot after injury was 15 weeks ago, thats the day he was allowed shooting practice.
    https://instagram.com/p/4SFrvXMkUP/?taken-by=donatas_motiejunas
    Thats almost 4 months ago. You really think he wasnt doing shooting drills practicing, etc all that time? yes he wasnt allowed to practice at full. But he had a doctors/trainers, who monitored his every workout pretty much. DMo pretty much is finished with rehab right now. He still isnt cleared for full-contact/practice 5on5, but other than that he seems to go full power now.

5. malakas

malakas Member

maybe some rookie or very young player?:grin:
    But yeah don't expect DMO to come back and be better than before at least straight away. Perhaps by the end fo the season he will be, and perhaps he would regardless of the injury.

6. straight forwar

Come one, D-MO won't need all year to get back in shape :) He'll get playing time only when he's really ready to go and than it's only playing experience question - he will be ready technically, feeling the game won't take that much time. Remember how Jones came back - he was really good first month.

7. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Only one can hope Right.

Dmo is very young, so I believe he will continue to improve his game. As we all can see he is putting in countless hours in the gym getting stronger and fine tuning his game.

8. OpenLayup-Why3?

9. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

I think Dmo has two things going for him which may help him be as effective or more effective than last year....1) he's still young 2) he doesn't really rely on explosiveness

Dmo barely gets off the floor much so I don't see this as a big setback for him athletically. Even when he shoots threes it's a set shot.

The things that make DMo good should still be able to be put to use even as he's recovering.

At least, this is what I hope.

10. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

**** Steph Curry! :mad:

Cool exercise though from DMo. Thanks for sharing this but please consider my blood pressure the next time you feel the need to mention Curry

11. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

This is going to be a great year, with or without the three stooges.

12. Harden2Capela

Harden2Capela Member

dmo is the 2nd most important player on this team behind harden, we can win games without dwight. we need dmo's post presence

13. basketballholic

We may be able to win some games against mediocre teams without Dwight. But we cannot win a majority of games against playoff teams without Dwight.

14. Harden2Capela

Harden2Capela Member

we beat the cavs last year without dwight

15. basketballholic

LOL.

Doh. Silly me.

One game dude. One game. One game is not a majority.

16. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

Are you r****ded or what?

I never said you get better at everything you dope. Learn how to ****ing read **** for brains.

Do yourself a favour and don't post anymore, you are just an embarrassment to yourself.

17. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Cavs were missing Irving in that game too.

DMo is important for sure though, we can survive the first week or two without him (I would hope) though, make sure he's fully healthy.

18. ksny15

ksny15 Member

What's his time table? The thought of Jones starting or playing big minutes for an extended period of time scares me.

Maybe play TJ against scrubs and Harrell against good teams

19. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

We can survivie the whole season without dmo. The same way we survived the whole season without dwight or tjones. Just need his presense for the postseason

20. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

This is stupid. Jones isnt a liability when hes on the floor for 30 minutes. He hasnt shown that untilt he postseason