1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Donatas Motiejunas unsure he'll be ready

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ico4498, Sep 11, 2015.

1. basketballholic

Do you think Terrence has been or is doing this kind of shooting, over 1100 3-point shots in 2 hours, and hitting 66% of them?

Its a simple yes or no answer. Do you have the cajones to answer it?

No need to lecture me on shooting drills. I'm keenly aware of them, having done them myself. Every day for several years in my youth I shot at least 1000 shots. That takes commitment and time. It took me an average of 4 hours in an empty gym to do that. Of course that was before the machines that are available today. Needless to say I am very well aware and experienced in shooting drills.

And if you were as aware as I am you would understand just how difficult it is to put up 1000 3-balls with that kind of accuracy in 120 straight minutes with no breaks, in one session. You would also have questioned the validity of those results and you would have probably come to the conclusion that I have come to. That being that in all likelihood DMO shot 1000 23-foot shots over a total of 2 to 4 sessions of somewhere between 300 to 500 shots per session and the time is total elapsed time from 2 to 4 sessions added together, leaving out perhaps several hours of rest between sessions. I see at least 3 pieces of paper there. (So I'm thinking something like 3 sessions of shooting until he makes 250.) I highly doubt that was 2 hours straight shooting. Those numbers are simply too high even for the best shooters in the NBA to be done in 120 consecutive minutes.

You, on the other hand, instead of questioning all that, show your blatant ignorance and inexperience by saying people at all levels routinely put up over 1000 23 foot shots in 2 hours and knock down 66% of them.

#541 basketballholic, Oct 8, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2015
  2. basketballholic

That's not putting in work, cxbibby. Those vids are a joke. He's not even shooting 3's. He's so remedial in his shot mechanics that his coach is trying to teach him how to catch the ball in proper shooting position. Which Terrence can't even get the first step right.

You wanna how we know Terrence isn't doing shooting drills like DMO is doing? Because there's no proof of it. There's no shot charts. Theres no videos. Believe me, if Terrence was hitting 60-70% of his 3-balls in a shooting drill there would be proof of it, pixies, video, something.

Hey, go to the games. Watch Terrence pre-game. See how many 3-ball he Jacks up in warmups. See how many he makes. He avoids them cxbibby. And for good reason.

3. marky :)

marky :) Member

Almost every thread turns into a **** storm about TJones all because of one person. It's not even enjoyable to read other posters opinions about certain topics.

I can't even read the freaking 'Random trades' thread without running into this crap. There's no point of ignoring that one user because all his posts get quoted and it's becoming increasingly annoying/irritating.

/rant

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Won't be a problem for all that much longer, once Jones gets dealt or walks in the offseason, the conversation will be over.

5. bongman

bongman Member

I guess u haven't seen the Lin as a _____ thread.

6. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

At least the Lin discussion is contained in one thread now. When he was here the board was lunacy.

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Heh, I really haven't. I also won't see the "Jones as a ____" thread next season. As long as the madness stops here, I'm fine with it continuing in the dish.

8. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Just ignore the loser and encourage others to as well. Trolls only grow when you feed them.

9. RockingRox

RockingRox Member

Just want to highlight that bold sentence.

10. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Valanciunas is probably the only one at this point

11. jbasket

jbasket Member

Yep, sure he has. In some sort of fashion, he is working on his shot as well. Putting exact numbers on it is foolish. People practice differently.

:grin:

Keep telling yourself that :)

Sorry guys, I'll stop feeding.

12. basketballholic

Yup. People practice differently. And Terrence doesn't practice like DMo. The proof of the pudding is in the eating.

Good. Cuz you're an easy, easy catch.

13. malakas

malakas Member

Dmo is the best ambidextrous post player and thus versatile.:) Val is the most effective with the right hook tho.

14. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

Yeah, you should put the guy on ignore, safer for your brain cells.

1 person likes this.
  15. OpenLayup-Why3?

Are you stupid? Because you sound stupid! Valanciunas has best post moves in the NBA? Why am I surprised that you think like that. Half of this board judge everything based on numbers without even watching the games. If you ever saw Valanciunas play you would say he is in bottom 10% of the league in post moves. He has no post moves at all. And you know why you're wrong and I am right? Because I am Valanciunas' countryman. He makes shots from the post, but he is absolutely horrible at making any post moves.

16. straight forwar

He may not have moves, but he still nearly unstoppable under the basket, that's fact :)

17. basketballholic

No its not. Jonas is a big, long, unexplossive big. He's another player that simple isn't good enough to be a difference maker as a starting center. Good player. But not good enough to anchor a championship team as a starting center. He'll be a better fit in a championship contender as the backup center after he plays through his big money contacts and is limited salary wise in his latter NBA career.

#557 basketballholic, Oct 10, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2015
  18. straight forwar

How do you know that? :grin: I mean he's only 23yo. Anyway, he's far from perfect or a lock to be a star in the league, but he can surely be more than you saying. The way freakin' Mazgov or Bugut are centers for contenders teams...JV will be way better than those fellows at the prime.

19. dmoneybangbang

You'll be acting worse once DMo has solidified his 6th man role with TJones holding it down at the starting 4.

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Only if the Rockets are losing as a result of starting Jones. If Jones somehow manages to drastically improve to the level where some of his fans think he's at right now and the team is doing well, I won't care.

If he doesn't improve....well he was benched in the playoffs for a reason.