1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

texas direct auto

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by asianballa23, Aug 28, 2011.

Tags:
  1. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

just wondering if anyone got any positive experience at this place? It looks quite similar to carmax with maybe a bit bigger inventory and better price. But i also noticed they get many of their cars from out of state auctions or leasing/rental fleet. That a red flag you think?

2. greenhippos

greenhippos Member

I've looked them up several times, I always feel a little uneasy about the place. Not sure exactly what it is, but when I see 2006 Mercedes going for under 14k, I think there has to be something wrong I don't know. The prices seem like you're almost robbing the place and I never think that's a good thing.

3. opticon

opticon Member

They make their money buy low balling people on the cars they buy.

I sold them a car and they tired to low ball me buy $500. I got the money back and then some by making them match a offer I got from Carmax a few weeks earlier.

If they are selling you something for 12k chances are they bought it for 8k or lower.

You have 30 days I believe in texas to return a car you buy from a dealer. I would bring any car you buy from them to a mechanic you trust and have him look it over.

4. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I test drove a car and almost bought one from them, but I decided to go with a new car. They seemed really cool and laid back. They didn't put a lot of pressure on me to buy, which seems like a good sign to me.

The test drive was kinda weird. They just gave me the keys and said "bring it back." They didn't even have a salesman come with me.

They also don't do financing. You'll have to get it elsewhere.

5. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Is this not true of ANY dealership? At least they matched.

6. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

actually they do financing, not the greatest rate since they only carry used cars, think the lowest rate they offer is 3.99%.

7. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

My sister bought an Escalade there. No issues. Wish I went there instead of Helfman ford (across the highway).

NEVER go to Helfman. My truck didn't have a jack or spare. My fault for not checking. But it also DID NOT have an air filter.

Really wish I had the time to schedule a trip down to TDA. Oh well. Love my truck still.

8. T-Slack

T-Slack Member

I bought a G 35 there like 2 months ago. The price was reasonable, but they don't let you bargain, the price you see is the price you pay. They said they took off 500 bucks from the total price, but they took it back with a 500 sellers fee or some sh@t. I would of back out of the deal but my dad had already put down 500 dollar deposit. Just go to google and put texas direct auto rip off you you'll get some answers.

http://www.ripoffreport.com/auto-dealers/texas-direct-auto/texas-direct-auto-their-cars-6edd3.htm

"Their cars are lemons. The warranties they sell do not cover the repairs needed on the cars. I went to a Cadillac dealership after I bought the car and had to pay $3,500 out of pocket for repairs as the crap warranty did not cover anything. Then the rear end needed to be replaced 3 months later. The car constantly made noises and was mechanically unsound. I got rid of that piece of crap. The salesman gave us the runaround all day and take it from me, buyer beware."

9. noscrusir

noscrusir Contributing Member

Just wanted to bump this thread since I'm about to purchase a 2010 Lexus from Texas Direct Auto. I gave them a $500 deposit to hold the car which is refundable if professional inspection fails.

Kinda fishy about the "Dealer Service Fee" ($280) and the fact that they wouldn't email me a bill of sale regarding the cost details. I'm wondering when I come back on Monday, would they increase some of the charges from the bill of sale I looked at yesterday? Just feel a bit uneasy. Any advice is appreciated, thanks!

10. CCorn

CCorn Member

Are you trading in a car also? If you are say you don't understand the dealer fee and would like them to match that fee on your trade-in. They'll do it,

11. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

From my experience, they make very good offers for your current vehicle. Only time I haven't sold to them was when I got a slightly better deal due to trade in.

12. Luckyazn

Luckyazn Contributing Member

I test drove a couple of their LEXUS ISx50 while back

All of them had some minor issues .... either the dash was scratched, the floor matt had black "oil like" stain, bumper was kinda unaligned

I went and got my car somewhere else.

My advice would be if u plan to buy your car there, I would check the whole car throughly.

It seems they buy alot of auction cars, low ball cars, dingle up cars for cheap ... fix it and clean it up ... and flip it.

13. Royals Ego

Royals Ego Member

When I think of TDA, the term used car salesman and all it's bad connotations comes to mind... even though I have never dealt with them, must be from all the bad things I read while researching to sell my previous vehicles.

When you buy used, do you get a warranty package or do you roll with their 30 day warranty thing?

14. noscrusir

noscrusir Contributing Member

UPDATE: Well the car I wanted failed my mechanic's inspection. He said it had been in a previous wreck and that the left side was repainted. CarFax didn't show any of this either. Too bad, but lesson here is to get any used car checked out before you buy- and before you put down a deposit.

Working on getting the deposit back. They said they'll refund my credit card in about 2-3 business days so I'll have to wait and see. Credit card company says I have to wait until it posts to the account and can't just cancel the transaction. I'll keep waiting for a better deal - thanks for all the help Clutchfans :)

15. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

My sister bought an Escalade there....so far it's had no issues. Only thing was it didn't have a spare tire or jack when purchased. (she's had it for 5 years now).

I bought an F150 from Helfman Ford...I'll never go back there again. No spare, no Jack, and NO FREAKING AIR FILTER!:mad:

Never go to Helfman Ford.

16. codell

codell Contributing Member

Good lesson for everyone here. Don't ever rely on Carfax to judge a vehicle's road worthiness.

Nothing beats having an ASE certified mechanic and an I-Car qualified collision technician check out a car.

17. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

Tried to buy a used truck from them years ago...they overpriced it and when we called them on it and offered fair value they balked, claiming they had already put a lot into it...yeah if you had to put a lot of money into it already maybe I don't want it.

18. couple of d's

couple of d's Member

I bought a 2008 chevy tahoe from there last summer and have been happy with it. No problems with it and drives great.

19. CCorn

CCorn Member

Shoot me an email if you like. I work at Bayway Lincoln. I mean I'm just another dirty slimebag car salesman, but if we have anything you like I'll see what I can do.

20. CCorn

CCorn Member

Nos, I tried replying to your email but it kept saying the email you had linked to it was invalid.

We have a GS but it is an 07 with more miles than you are looking for. I'll keep an eye out to see if anything comes in.

If you ever want to check out anything similar to the GS let me know.
    Check out BaywayLincoln.com to browse our inventory.

Good luck on the car hunt.