1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Refs suck? You gotta adjust!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by 1Deep, Apr 28, 2019.

1. 1Deep

1Deep Member

This is one of our biggest issues.

If they're not calling fouls stop hunting them.

Their not going to suddenly change their minds.

The refs gave 0 f*cks abt the landing area of our shooters all game yet we still thought we would get the call late in the 4th?

We've gotta realize the deck is stacked against us most of the time and especially in this series and show better mental toughness.

2. sluggo832004

sluggo832004 Member

Capela is all talk.

3. cml750

cml750 Member

The only way to overcame that crap is to make shots and quit worrying about the calls.

DreamShook and BamBam like this.
  4. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

Highlights of the game below

[​IMG]

Xerobull and hou$tonScrew$tonTX like this.
  5. Reeko

Reeko Member

Hunting them? Rockets can’t even take their normal shots without GS committing an uncalled foul...

Rockets gotta make 20 and-1’s without the benefit of going to the line...

6. Juxtaposed Jolt

That's just it. We weren't hunting for or trying to bait fouls. Harden was just doing what he normally does - shoot 3s with a regular shooting motion. Yet GS can just jump into him and increase the risk for injury without any problem.

When you have to worry about possibly getting injured after every shot you take, that's more than just needing to show mental toughness. That's blatant rigging of the game of basketball.

7. 1Deep

1Deep Member

I agree. I just hate how the refs can so easily take us out of our game mentally. I fully expected to get the short side of the stick when it came to the refs in this series.

It looks like we thought we would be treated fairly this year.

DreamShook likes this.
  8. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Look at his feet on his last shot. Do you think that was a natural motion?

hakeem94 likes this.
  9. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Just go in knowing you aren't going to get a call. Stop even talking to these bum ass dudes and Hoop!!

PUSH THROUGH THE CORRUPTION!!!!

luckyman76 and hakeem94 like this.
  10. Mr. Space City

No team is still gonna shoot well if you let defensive players hip check them mid air and hit their wrist on releases.

There is a reason there’s not too many 4 point plays per game.

You’re basically asking for the rockets to have like 7+ 4 point plays.

luckyman76 and hakeem94 like this.
  11. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Objection, your honor: cherrypicking

The last shot was the exception, he jumped forward - but even JVG & crew said Green also jumped in. A questionable but acceptable 50/50 non-call at that point in the game.

Doesn't excuse what happened before.... over, and over.

hakeem94 likes this.
  12. HookemHorns1250

This is such a lazy take. One of, if not our biggest weapons is Hardens step back 3. If you take that away from us, it kills us. It’s simple, they are fouling, the refs aren’t calling it. You can’t just change an entire gameplan based on the fact that the refs aren’t doing their jobs.

luckyman76 likes this.
  13. lionaire

lionaire Member

Nobody is hunting them but you're right we gotta adjust. Get in their landing space on closeouts. Hand is part of the ball so clobber their hands every time the ball is released. Bump opponents with your ass when they're trying to go around a pick and when setting picks pile drive them like you're running offensive lineman drills.

14. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

I’m actually more shocked in everyone agreeing and coming to The Rockets defense then I am shocked at how bad those no calls were.

15. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I was responding to someone who said he wasn’t foul hunting. Is that accurate relating to the last and most important 3-point attempt of the game?

Harden got screwed by no calls in the first half. So given the refs established tendency not to call even legitimate fouls on that kind of contact, why hunt for that whistle on the final play? Just shoot the ball normally, or if you don’t have a good look call a timeout and run a play. The Rockets definitely should have called a timeout when they recovered the loose ball.

16. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Agreed op.

People are acting like terrible ref and against rockets is something new.

Stern and company did everything they could except cover the basket to keep the knicks around in 93. The rockets had to win in spite of the refs. This is not new this is old news fot rockets. You have to understand objectively who here would the league want to win? Obviously thats gsw. I would aaaume thats all of usa except here. So automatically we are walking into everything starting at 49/51 against us as so on. 49 if we are lucky..

The good news is they really pissed off the sometimes unmotivated rockets. This was the type of loss that really makes me feel like rocky and i want to come back and kick their ass right now. Usually its just tucker pissed. Now cp3 is really pissed, dantoni is pissed, even harden looks pissed in a good way.

I think the rockets could rattle 4 in a row although again with refs 4 clean wins is impossible. Sure im a homer but they are pissed. Now we see what they are made of. remember without the techs from cp3 and dantoni this game might be different.

You lose to the refs so be it. So glad this happened now in game 1 and not later.. Next game is interesting how warriors bounce back when rocks come at them game 2 full force. Gsw is a good team no doubt obviously. No room for error but i wonder if they havent woken a sleeping little giant in cp3 and anger. We shall see