1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Raptor fans hire banner to fly around city...

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by purplefever, Aug 1, 2004.

1. purplefever

purplefever Contributing Member

...demanding change in the organization.

The banner was supposed to mention the website that organized the whole thing www.firepeddie.com, but the company that flies the planes would not allow it, nor a direct attack at an individual.

Visit the website to find out more... just wanted to see what the die-hards at the ClutchBBS thought about this. Would you get involved with something like this if it were the Rox?

[​IMG]

#1 purplefever, Aug 1, 2004
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2004
  2. Davidoff

Davidoff Contributing Member

Thats funny....seems like a few people here would love to see CDs name up there..

3. supafrumpy

supafrumpy Contributing Member

wow these fans have too much time and money on their hands...I will take both off their hands

4. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

can we borrow it and get this written on it

Trade Cooper... Smeg will be better

5. oldman

oldman Contributing Member

stephen a. smith reported (PTI) the latest trade talk is vince carter for ray allen. sounds like a good trade to me.

6. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Smeg may be on to something.

If this is what it takes to get Coop out...

7. PhiSlammaJamma

How do the planes land with the banner? Just curious.

8. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

Word has it Vince told the Raptors not to do that deal because he doesn't want to be in Seattle either. Shaq complex, it seems. If I were Babcock, I'd flick him off and send him to a perennial loser like the Wizards, Warriors, or the Celtics.

Evan

9. purplefever

purplefever Contributing Member

I'm calling BS on that last post, emjohn. You'll have to provide a source for that "word", otherwise I'm inclined to think you made it up.

The talk on PTI was never that a deal was on the table, but a suggestion of one that would work if Carter was indeed demanding a trade - which still isn't clear. He's disappointed with some of the recent goings on - 3 coaches in 3 years would stress most players out - but the 99% of the trade talk is coming from news outlets in other cities trying to think of ways for them to land Carter. For the record - ALL have been shot down and MOST don't come even close to working under the CBA or give the Raps any talent back.

I'm not saying he's not unhappy or that he won't be traded - but the current news that's out there - especially in the US - is far from accurate.