1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

My Dad Met McCoy McLemore Yesterday

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheReasonSF3, Sep 22, 2001.

1. TheReasonSF3

TheReasonSF3 Member

My dad met McCoy McLemore yesterday at a prison minestry. He played on the Rockets for one season and won a championship with the Bucks. He told my dad that when he was traded to the Bucks he got a huge playbook and all it had in it for him was to throw the ball in to Oscar Robertson and to pass the ball to Kareem Abdur-Jabbar and to get out of his way. He said he is on the comitee that is trying to get the 2012 Olympics in Houston. My dad got his autograph on the back of his business card.

2. Houstone

Houstone Member

Is there a point to this?:rolleyes:

3. SteveFrancis3

SteveFrancis3 Contributing Member

I suppose there is more of a point to this than there is to a picture of a Bin Laden look alike ****ing a horse (or whatever type of animal it was...I choose not to look at the picture again to check)

4. RichRocket

RichRocket Member

Didn't McCoy do color radio for the Rockets for several years after his career ended?

5. TheReasonSF3

TheReasonSF3 Member

Yeah. My dad said he gave a speech at the prison and said that he was a radio announcer for the Rockets.

6. Lil Francis

Lil Francis Member

His parents were wrong for giving him that name.

7. E.J. Tucker

E.J. Tucker Contributing Member

This may not be perfectly correct as my memory is not what it should be or was years ago. I think Mac also played in the summer league when Moses was teaching Hakeem how to play while he was at UH. I thought he got charged with something [white collar stuff] to do with selling of insurance. It may have been dismissed or throw out or something, that was years ago so it doesn't matter. By all reports I heard years ago he was really a nice person. Good to hear he is doing well.

8. Achebe

Achebe Contributing Member

It's a plea for help dude. His dad's in prison. Be nice.