1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Chron] Rockets regard former teammate fondly in return

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by the_hustler, Dec 7, 2010.

1. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

A playoff series certainly was though.

2. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Shaq?

3. thegame_2234

thegame_2234 Contributing Member

i think we should do a video recompilation of the it on me saga with a interview of the 13 points in 1 min after the defeated of the portland trailblazer i the first round without him

4. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Yeah because T-Mac repeatedly failed to get big time defensive rebounds in Game 7...

5. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Please Hammer don't hurt 'em!!

6. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

Oh please, the only time we got past the 1st round was without the quitter.

7. CuriousG11

CuriousG11 Member

Only four Rockets scored during an entire game in a Jazz series. Blame TMac, yes?

8. HeWhoIsLunchbox

HeWhoIsLunchbox Contributing Member

No team is required to retire a player's jersey. I don't think any team will end up retiring McGrady's jersey when his career is over.

9. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Ironically also the only time we had actually had a "team" and not 3 players.

10. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

TMac was always the #1 player since the Orlando days and since none of the teams he played on got past the first round, yea, he does deserve some blame.

If TMac wasn't such a little b**** and discussed his injury situation with the Rockets instead of coming out and announcing his surgery around the end of the trade week, who knows, we might have actually received something for him, or at least wouldn't have wasted as much time discussing trades involve him.

That year was the only chance we had of going all the way, because of some selfish decisions by TMac we probably won't get as good as a chance to go all they way for quite some time.

I don't blame him for his luck with injuries, but he put himself above the Houston Rockets, screw him.

11. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

Houston Rockets for you, what ifs and bad timing.

12. lastopsuburb

lastopsuburb Member

The two wins in Dallas were epic, I loved what he gave us in those two years. I still watch those highlight videos and get goose bumps. Welcome the man!

13. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

im happy to see mcgrady in houston. i know you guys are mad that he left but he left his mark in houston

14. solid

solid Contributing Member

One of the most naturally gifted basketball players ever, but the "it" was missing. The last thing Rocket's fans needed was another big serving of disappointment and that is what he delivered.

15. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

No, no, no... WE WERE ECSTATIC when he left...
    [​IMG]

16. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

Hahaha such a simple mind.

People are not mad at TMac for leaving...

17. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Or a certain Raptor game. He made sure that one was over...

"McGrady could have made some kind of effort," said veteran play-by-play man Bill Worrell.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8Da0k2_67uo?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8Da0k2_67uo?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

18. asmith8266

asmith8266 Member

That look at 1:27 says it all.
    Hope he gets smacked upside the head with a battery.

19. CuriousG11

CuriousG11 Member

Can't see how thats really selfish. He delayed the surgery he needed so we could continue to build on that streak, which eventually became 22. He then delayed his surgery again so he could lead our team against an overpowered Jazz team will a complete roster.

I think people fail to realize why TMac was so unhealthy the next season. If anything, he was self-LESS in forcing himself to play keep that streak alive and leading our undermanned team in the playoffs.

20. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

^ yep, another mercenary.

another I had to look up, Nate Archibald.

Do you think anyone will retire Mutombo's jersey? I think so, if he would have stayed with one team most of his career.
    Rodman?