1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Can someone Please Explain.......

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by javilo, Mar 20, 2003.

1. javilo

javilo Member

To me why our guards stand around like they have cement in their shoes and The portland guards are always moving ...trying to get an easy look or set a back pick to free their big man. I was watching last night and we looked flat. I dont think we need to change the roster....but we do need to move around and not watch everyone else. :confused:

2. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

They just don't understand how the game is supposed to be played. The only time they really move around is when they have the ball and are iso-ing. Otherwise they are clueless.

3. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

That's the story of our season...

It looked like we had no transition D and most of the night, we were just standing around...And you wonder why Yao always gets dunked on...He's always trying to help EG...

You have Possy thinkin' he's Peja...etc...

I was watchin' on DirecTV and the Portland annoucers where pretty funny...

You know the same ole "they don't get Yao the ball enought..."

But when Cato missed a shot..."There's a reason why Cato doesn't get the ball that much...He can't shoot..."

It was kinda funny, I guess you had to be there...

4. superpro

superpro Member

I've been pointing out this "lack of movement" situation with Rockets since the beginning of the season. I believe anyone who, like me, never missed more than 5 of Rox games this season knows this situation.

The problem is why it has been a problem for this long? Is it because of the coach or it's just that the players don't listen to the coach, or they simply don't know "understand" what a good basketball team is.

If I were the coach, I would have those guys watch either Kings or Maverics or Lakers or Wolves games at least once a week. Then show them the vedio tapes of their own games. And ask the players to tell their impressions of the two totally different types of games.

5. Toast

Toast Member

Yeah, it's frustrating.

I think some of it has to do with Rudy's offensive scheme, which is based more on spreading the offense & positioning, and not quite so much on picks, screens, etc.

6. LiTtLeY1521

LiTtLeY1521 Member

Yeha.......heh CEMENT.

7. story_teller

story_teller Member

Yeah, blame this one on the offensive scheme really. Rudy T's offense doesn't consist of setting a lot of screens for backdoor looks and things like that. Movement is non-existent (even from teh fowards and centers). Rudy T's offense is about spreading the floor; drive-and-kick; dribble-and-create.

Has to change for sure.