1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I am disheartened

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Kim, Oct 30, 2002.

1. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

There's a lot of new threads out here. I hope I'm not being too repititive. And I don't start that many threads so I think I get just a tiny bit of extra rope.

First of all, it was good to meet you Dttd888. Those girls were very very very good looking.

now to My thoughts:

Why are the Rockets playing like last year?
    I know they didn't have Kenny, Mo, and Rice, but come ON! I'm not sold on that as the reason they did the same freaken High Screen Pick play ALL THE TIME. They did that with Kenny last year.

I don't like this offense. It is my opinion that this offense is not good.

I am also sad that Yao Ming seems to be a little behind in Basketball knowledge. He's not jumping either. He's not giving room for guards. He didn't challenge the big men. He's laterally slow. He needs more playing time.

I hope that changes.

Griffin is not getting the ball in the post.

Francis' biggest enemy is himself. He can cross someone over at will. When he isn't doing well, it is only because he's making mental mistakes. He is so much more talented and skilled than the other players.

Indiana was missing their Starting Backcourt!!!!!!!!! No Miller! No Tinsley!

I really hope things are changing soon.

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am pissed.

2. leehoang

leehoang Member

3. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

I also don't care for this offensive scheme, but I don't think the sky is falling quite yet.

You have to give Yao time to adjust to the NBA game. Dream wasn't all that and a bag of chips his rookie season either.

4. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

Tinsley DID play. But again, when you're missing virtually your entire inside game, and Griffin struggled, he went 1-6, you got to expect this to happen. I'm guessing this will change as the players get healthy and more shooters and scorers return to the team.

5. jlaw

jlaw Member

SF needs to pass the god damn ball. There is no excuse for that because we don't have the big guys. Moochie is trying to take that role but good ball movement is a collaborative effort. I'm xxxxxtremely upset!:mad:

6. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

i agree with you except that dream was like 4 bags of his chips his rookie year. we can't expect nearly the same from yao as the situations are completely different. it's obvious the man needs some time but he will make it happen.

the thing with indiana is they replaced their starting backcourt with equal talent. the rocks missed 2 intergral players at both the 3 and 4 meaning no inside presence.

7. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

Who do you think he should have passed it to??? Incase you don't bother to explain your post, I'll break it down for you. Griffin went 1 for 11. Let me repeat, 1 for 11. So obviously he was off. Mobley attacks the basket so he's not really a point guard's dream when it comes to catching and shooting. Moochie was the actual PG, so distributing the ball was really on his shoulders in this game. Boki has a ways to go, nobody seems to say it, but I will, Boki sucks and will suck for much of the year. He's a rookie with talent but he's got a lot to learn and being injured during summer league really hurt him and slowed down his learning. It's gonna take a while before the Rockets are going to feel comfortable with giving him the ball. Ming didn't play much and he wasn't really playing well when he was out there. Cato got a fair amount of shots and with his nice shooting percentage last year, you'd think he would have made half of them, but he went 2 for 8. So that leaves Collier. Should Francis have given Collier the ball? Do you think that we would have won this game if Francis had just passed to the great and powerful Collier???

8. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

Well Dream's stats were definitely good...but one thing he had in common with Yao was that as a rookie Dream was foul prone.

9. because24

because24 Member

Originally posted by Oski2005

I couldn't have said it better myself.:cool: