1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who's ready to watch a young team with POTENTIAL?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rolyat93, Jul 5, 2012.

?

Are you happy about the Rockets new direction

1. No, we had a shot at Howard.

3.8%
  2. Yes, we've needed a direction for a while.

66.2%
  3. No, I don't like to rebuild

5.5%
  4. Depends on what they do from here.

24.5%
  1. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Yes, if they play Martin only enough to keep his value up in a trade and play the youngsters exclusively. No more veterans to squeeze out enough wins to ruin high draft picks.

2. Rockets Jones

Rockets Jones Member

Hell yes :) I hope we keep adding young players like we did since '89 through draft and trades. With Lin here there's no reason to go after Paul next year but trying to pry Ibaka away from OKC with their money tied up in WB, Durant & Harden. We are going to be take over the league in a few years if we stay patient and stay young.

3. LewLLOYD

LewLLOYD Member

I'm curious what these rooks can do
    particularly with Asik behind them,
    and Lin leading the charge.

I loved how they moved the ball in summer league.
    I think they have great chemistry together.

Can the total be more than the sum of its parts?

Is it better that they have solid second year players alongside them than seasoned vets? (Closer to the rookie experience?)

Maybe I'm a homer, but I'm excited about this team, and while I don't expect a great record, I wouldn't be completely shocked it we put up a much better record than people expect.

Are there any examples of a team full of rooks having an excellent first season together? (I don't think so, hmmmm)

4. raskol

raskol Contributing Member

here here

5. raskol

raskol Contributing Member

hear. hear.

6. dakeem1

dakeem1 Member

The question, as previously mentioned earlier in this thread is:

What do we do with Martin?

We can't exclusively develop our rooks without dropping Martin's trade value further can we? It would make sense to play him heavy minutes. Being the outright most experienced player on this team, he ought to believe he is on Kobe's level (in some sick an twisted way) and dominate the ball while still keeping his offensive efficiency. That's hard to do with a ball stopper like Lin though.

Then there is the question of whether he'll go back to his injury ways logging those heavy minutes. I really want to see martin average 27+ ppg, then we trade him at inflated value. Maybe we can grab a Charlotte or Detroit pick.

7. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I'm excited about the new direction but I'm not really looking forward to actually watching the young guys play. It'll be bad basketball. That's just how it is. Asik and Parsons are really the only guys I can get on board with right now - I like defense.

8. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

I'm one of those guys that love to watch young players develop as long as I think they have talent and a chance to be something great. Since the Rockets have several players that fit in that category then I'm pretty excited for the coming season.