1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tucker or Redick or both

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by OTMax, Jan 11, 2018.

1. OTMax

OTMax Member

Has PJ his defense made more of an impact than Redick’s offense would’ve potentially had? He said he would’ve come here had they not reduced the contract to 3 instead of 4 years, which would’ve been the same deal as Tucker and was offered earlier.

I know it’s early but just wondering with our style and our defense never going to be elite under MDA, how you guys feel about Tucker over Redick.

I’m not sure since earlier in the season with him and Mbah we just were stifling at times. Now I’m wondering if that was more because of the quality of opponents and Mbah.

I do feel his play has won us games like GSW and Cleveland, one with both offense and defense. The other rebounding. PJ’s numbers haven’t been impressing and I haven’t seen him lock many guys down. I think his value will show in the playoffs though.

I think if we somehow could have both so add another elite shooter like Redick, since we going to keep this strategy up and you might as well go all out, we could be really close to contenders.

Next year he might sign for cheap after this crazy deal with Philly. If the Sixers were up for it, I’d trade Ryno for him right now but that’s a pipe dream :)

Thoughts?

2. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Who needs JJ Reddick when you can have T-Mac coming off the bench for a vet min contract.

3. Moahst

Moahst Member

I'll take Tucker any day.

4. Vivi

Vivi Member

But our defense was elite until we started to get injuried, tired legs etc...

I think this team needs more a SF/PF 3&D guy than a shooting 1/2 with Paul, Harden and Gordon already here. PJ was also pretty good when the team was playing well, he'll eventually start playing well again now that the team seems to be getting back in good shape.

As for the next season well, assuming we'll operate over the cap (which is likely) we'll be able to offer the MLE to a guy like Redick or Luc, personally, as much as i'd like to get JJ, i still think i'd give the money to Luc, but that also depends on how the rest of the team will eventually change.

5. Reeko

Reeko Member

Tucker will show his worth in the playoffs...we needed more guys that can D up on the perimeter

our defense was incredibly good when both Luc and PJ were on the floor together, and he allows us to go small with an option at C that isn’t the weak defending Ryan Anderson

6. photojoe

photojoe Member

Tucker. Easy.

And I would make that decision even with us only having Harden, Paul and Gordon.

Green isn't as good as Redick, but the fact that we got him for so cheap makes it an even easier choice to say Tucker.

RocketsTerps likes this.
  7. Jontro

Jontro Member

i would have liked to have him as insurance. he's an ideal catch and shoot. like a white rip hamilton.

8. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

We could have both if we weren't paying Ryan Anderson 20mil/year.

Remlap likes this.
  9. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

This.

It’s like ppl forget that we were the 5th best defense for the first 30 games of the season.

Once luc, Capela, cp3, nene and now harden started missing games the team has suffered on both sides.

Luc and pj were playing roughly 24 min a night together and in that time had a DRTG of 96.

That would be the best rating in the nba if it were for the whole game.

So half the game the Rockets operate as the best defense in the nba. The other half they operate as the best offense in the history of the nba with a top 13 defense. That’s how they got that 5th rating.

The rocket were holding teams under 100 points a lot before luc went out. When we’re fully healthy with nene will be back to defending at a high level.

YOLO, Reeko and Mazulis like this.
  10. Chamillionaire

Isn't Green shooting almost 50% from the 3 and earning less than a mil this year?

Once our rotation guys are healthy and playing significant minutes together, we'll be back to where we were at the beginning of the season.

11. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

I love this. If our own fans are this forgetful, it means the rest of the league is sleeping on our defense.

We're going to be dangerous in the playoffs.

12. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Keep Tucker and bring me Jon Diebler instead of Redick.

Jon is shooting 54% from 3 in 29 Euro games at 6’6”. He is the dead-eye shooter we need.

Bring me Jon and I think we can take the Warriors this year.

13. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Tuck's rebounding and paint presence is part of the glue for this team. He covers up for Capela's inexperience and lack of thicc booty.

14. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I don't actually know why Redick was targeted though. He softens a potential loss of Gordon. I couldn't envision both Redick & Gordon finishing out the season as Rockets. So what did Daryl have up his sleeve?

In hindsight, I forget if PG to OKC was done yet, but I do remember Indiana possibly being interested in Gordon. If you're getting me Redick & George (or similar) then bye-bye Ego & PJT.