1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sheila Jackson Lee demands her own row on the plane

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by bigtexxx, Sep 4, 2003.

1. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

What a pompous lady. This adds to a long list of reasons why I cannot stand the woman who represents me in the house of representatives. This little story is almost as bad as when she had the Dallas skyline on her website which apparently she thought was Houston's.

Airline makes room for Lee
    From TheHill.com

Members of Congress often use weekend plane trips back to their districts as a way to unwind after a hectic bout of lawmaking. Which could explain why Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee (D-Texas) demanded a whole row of seats to herself on a recent Continental flight from Washington to Houston.

Jackson Lee usually gets first-class upgrades from the airline. But on this particular flight first class was full. After cabin attendants delivered the bad news and showed her to the coach section, Jackson Lee exploded, said one witness.

“When she saw that she had to sit with other people, she started shouting that she was in Congress and worked hard. She was really loud. Everybody in the plane could hear.”

Frequent flyers say that such outbursts are common whenever Jackson Lee is on board. The Continental crew seemed to take the whole situation in stride. Attendants scurried around to find her other accommodations, and once Jackson Lee got her own row of seats she quieted down.

Later in the flight she even paid a friendly visit to the people she had refused to sit with. According to a nearby passenger, Jackson Lee “handed out her business cards and invited them to stop by her office.”

2. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

my personal favorite was her mistake when discussing Pathfinder's trip to Mars...she said, "oh...will we be able to see the flag the astronauts planted there before?

"uh, ma'am...that was the moon. we're going to Mars."

3. GreenVegan76

GreenVegan76 Contributing Member

I tend to stand behind her voting record, but she can be a wacky woman.

4. mleahy999

mleahy999 Member

There are a lot of jackasses that fly. However, if something doesn't go right with a flight, whether it's being delayed or what not, people tend to get aggravated. Not defending her, but she's just one of many meatballs that fly regularly.

5. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

Does she think she is superior to any other taxpayer and ticket purchaser on this flight? Why should another passenger have to move to accommodate her? Are they less important than Sheila? Sheila would tell Rosa Parks to move to the back of the bus to accommodate for her. How can she represent the views of minorities with this type of hypocritical behavior? She has stooped to the level of the 1960's segragationist South. This is an outrage. She is a *public servant*. She should not an angry tyrant who lords over her subjects. Her haughtiness and ignorance are a disgrace to all elected representatives.

Move it, Rosa, Sheila Jackson Lee is coming on board.

6. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

prediction: this will be someone's signature by the end of the day.

7. mleahy999

mleahy999 Member

I can't tell if this is fake outrage or not.

8. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

She needs her own row to help fight "terrorisn".

9. Friendly Fan

Friendly Fan PinetreeFM60 Exposed

as long as Tom DeLay is in Congress, Sheila Jackson Lee will never be the biggest a-hole in Congress from this area. She's a rookie compared to him.

10. bigtexxx

I have taken over 100 flights in the past year, and I find that the more I travel, the more understanding I am of delays and problems with the airline. Sheila is just a snotty prick. The line about how she's in congress and how she "works hard" is just disgusting. I can't wait for my district to continue to be regentrified and populated with affluent inner-city dwellers who will one day vote her out of office.

11. TraJ

TraJ Member

I would have wanted to say, " Why don't all of us slackers just pile up one the back row, and you can have the rest of the plane, since you work so hard and everything."

Is it possible to be in a position like hers for an extended period of time and not give in to the "I'm more important" mindset. If not, that alone is a good argument for term limits.

12. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Aw, what a shame! She is going to have to fly like the rest of us common people!

LOL, way to smooth things over there! Too bad that the saying about getting 1 chance to make a first impression is pretty much true.

13. Friendly Fan

the airlines routinely upgrade Congressmen and women to first class.

I've seen it done many times on flights out of Dulles or National (yes, I call it National). They all do it and they all expect it.

Jackson votes right for her district, but she's a b**** on wheels for staffers, media and everyone she thinks lower than her. I'm always cordial, but I'd never give her money. She's on everyone's top ten list of egomaniacs inside the beltway, and that is an accomplishment. She's only got one move, and it's the one mentioned: loud mouth ghetto b**** going postal and showing aryone she tryin' not to hear that.

She's no Barbara Jordan, and she's no Mickey Leland, but at least you can count on her vote, and we couldn't do that with Craig Washington.

14. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

link please

At least she didn't drag us into a war just to line her homies pockets

Rocket River

15. Friendly Fan

amen to that

my complaint with Sheila is that she throws away 80% of her effectiveness by these outbursts that simply SHOCK the rest of Washington.

16. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

I couldn't agree more.

17. bigtexxx

18. Zion

Zion Member

Have you heard this one. It was also started by TheHill.com, i heard about it a couple of weeks ago on the radio. When contacted she denied she had ever said such a thing.

Who knows, either TheHill is out to get her or she is a super B!TCH.

THE MEAN SEASON
    'Black' hurricane names
    brewing swirl of dissent
    Rush Limbaugh rips congresswoman's call for African-American storm monikers

By Joe Kovacs
    © 2003 WorldNetDaily.com

Was Hurricane Andrew too 'lily white'?

Do devastating hurricanes need help from affirmative action?

A member of Congress apparently thinks so, and is demanding the storms be given names that sound "black."

The congressional newspaper the Hill reported this week that Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee, D-Texas, feels that the current names are too "lily white," and is seeking to have better representation for names reflecting African-Americans and other ethnic groups.

Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee, D-Texas

"All racial groups should be represented," Lee said, according to the Hill. She hoped federal weather officials "would try to be inclusive of African-American names."

A sampling of popular names that could be used include Keisha, Jamal and Deshawn, according to the paper.

Jackson Lee's call is brewing its own storm of response across America.

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=33896

19. goophers

goophers Member

If true, what do you think the chances are that she calls out racism when one of the "black-sounding" names ends up being a powerful storm that kills people and knocks down a bunch of homes? :)

20. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Sheila Lee is wrong just wrong!

Just the wrong party, If she were a republican some fatcat would send the Gulfstream for her and she wouldn't have to fly commercial.