1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is Kyrie Irving better than Allen Iverson?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by celebrevida, Jun 15, 2017.

?

Is Kyrie Irving better than Allen Iverson?

1. Yes, Irving is better.

10 vote(s)
    12.0%
  2. No, Iverson is better.

71 vote(s)
    85.5%
  3. They are equally good.

2 vote(s)
    2.4%
  1. what

what Member

2. DMO (DJ remix)

KD, pulling a swing, trying to show that he beat some insane team, while i agree Cavs are good, there's not act like they're some otherworldly team like GSW, without Lebron Cavs are ain't a thing.

rm365 likes this.
  3. rm365

rm365 Contributing Member

It's always hard to compare different era players especially in this era of gift free throws for guards.

I think Kyrie is a better team player and Iverson was more dominant. The problem is that going with an Iverson type guy requires going all in and I don't think it is as conducive to winning.

Iverson had an iron will and was all heart though. He would average 20 free throws in this current soft league.

Also, Iverson got his steals but I remember when teams used to successfully post up on him. He was listed as 6' but might have been less.

I don't agree he was a way better defender than Kyrie.

4. Jontro

Jontro Member

kyrie wasn't gangsta enough because he didn't wear baggy clothes.

5. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

Ai was overrated. However irving is also overrated. Ai was much better than irving currently is.

6. Raz

Raz Member

Nowhere near. Irving was nothing without LeBron and will be nothing again once he's gone.

7. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Iverson is on another level from Kyrie. Without LeBron, Kyrie was counting lottery balls. Iverson dragged a bunch of average NBA guys to a Finals meeting with Shaq/Kobe Laker juggernaut squad and actually won a road game.

8. hakeemthagreat

Its ALWAYZ been like this too. Funny part is, Kyrie bailed Lebron out during their championship finals game vs GS. Lebron's had more "help" than any other supetstar i can remember

9. magichat281

magichat281 Member

AI? **** boy i grew up watching him. that's it. hes a gangster.

10. magichat281

magichat281 Member

so u put iverson in his prime with lebron. i take that

11. War Machine

War Machine Member

Better ball-handler, 3-pt shooter shooter, and finisher around the rim? Yes. Better overall? No, but it's closer than people think. Neither play(ed) any defense but are both all-time great offensive talents.

Should be noted that Kyrie is only 25 and could potentially be a 2-3 years away from his prime.