1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anyone ever own/work at a dry cleaner

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by BigSherv, Oct 1, 2006.

Tags:
  1. BigSherv

BigSherv Contributing Member

I am not looking to start one. I just have some questions.

For the cheaper cleaners (99 cent to 2 dollars)

How much does it actually cost to clean piece?
    How on earth do they keep every one's stuff sorted?
    -I assume you wash many people clothes together. When do they staple the tags on and how do they keep everything going to the right person?
    My cleaner asks to recycle hangers but doesnt give you any reward at all. How much do hangers cost?

Anyone work at a MW cleaners or a Pilgrim's?
    Why on earth do shirts cost 4 dollars there to clean?
    I understand expensive dresses need more attention but what makes a nice cleaner better than a discount one if you are just dry cleaning slacks and some shirts and you launder your long sleeve shirts.

2. BigSherv

BigSherv Contributing Member

no one here has ever worked at a dry cleaners?

3. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I did one summer in high school. It was hell, all steamy and such. Couldn't tell you a thing about what you want to know. Besides, I was too busy chasing the owner's very lovely daughter, who was older than me, had run off to New York, where she lived with a Buddhist/artist/fellow hippie, and had returned for a few weeks, earning a little money working behind the counter. We had some great conversations, when I wasn't aiming steam at things, and got loaded more than a few times. She gave me her copy of The Prophet, by Kahlil Gibran, with a sweet note on the inside cover. I still have it after all these years. After she went back to NYC, the owner was in a bad humor, and somehow thought I had encouraged her to do it. (I had) We had a fuss, and he canned me.

Couldn't help you, but thanks for reminding me of that. :cool: