1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

my message to Atlanta Braves fans

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by JBIIRockets, Oct 9, 2005.

1. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

I hope it STINGS! I hope it STINGS HARD. I hope it BURNS. I hope you feel it in the GUT right now. I don't feel sorry for any of you BRAVES fans at all. I love that the Astros did this against your team! The team that gave us so much heartbreak. I love knowing that many Braves fans feel miserable and depressed. I take sincere satisfaction knowing that some of you diehard Braves fans are taking this NLDS series defeat really really hard right now, and I love the fact that little Atlanta Brave kiddy fans are crying right now, sobbing after watching their team leave 16+ plus runners on base, seeing the Jones boys continue to come up small against the Astros bullpen. I wish I could see the dejection of Braves fan with my own eyes. Chipper can take that little smiling smirk of his and shove it up his choking ass!

Chris Reitzma, meet Mike Jackson.

Kyle Farnsworth, meet Billy Wagner.

The ghost of Walt Weiss and the devastating feelings of the Chipper homerun off Billy the Choker are OVER!

And I love the fact that Brian Jordan got to experience this as well. The guy was an Astros Killer in playoffs past, and this time all he did was kill his own team.

Times have changed. You had the pitching and the bullpen in 97,99,and 01 and you feasted on our below-average bullpen to win games in the late innings. Now, your bullpen is so disgustingly awful that you let a mediocre Astros offense come back on you in the late innings. How embarrasing.

2. tim562

tim562 Contributing Member

3. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

perhaps a message to Atlanta Braves fans should be...oh i don't know anyplace but a houston rocket message board. not sure how many of them will get the memo.

Go stros!

#3 Brando2101, Oct 9, 2005
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2005
  4. JBIIRockets

Oh I will. I just want other victorious Astros fans to relate to this.

5. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

6. couple of d's

couple of d's Member

someone needs a hug :D

7. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Bad karma, man. Just be happy we won one of the greatest games ever. I know we've suffered, but gloating is classless...let's win a ring first.

8. hoopstar

hoopstar Member

eh i dont know if i can wish that much sadness on them. id rather just be glad/relieved that we ended on the good side. knowing how bad it stung/burned/and hurt when we lost, i dont know if i can be happy that the braves fans are feelin it...i think they felt enough of it 13/14 yrs anyway. Scrubs fans on the other hand....

9. PhiSlammaJamma

Braves fans have already had their helping of pain. I don't wish them any sorrow. But it feels good to get revenge for all those years they knocked us out. Now we are what, 2-3 in series against them. Not too bad anymore. And we have lit them up the last two years. Just take some aspirin Brave fans. It'll only last for three more days.

10. candlegreen

candlegreen Contributing Member

eh, Atlanta gave me many painful memories, but I don't see why it's justified by twisting the knives on their fans. Sure, I laughed when I saw that kid's picture crying back then. I also wished that the entire Brave's team would collapse on the outfield. At any point, posting something like that on their board is really setting yourself up for something worse if the Astros doesn't make it all the way.

With that note... go astros!

11. T_in_Charlotte

T_in_Charlotte Contributing Member

I should take the high road on this, but, when you live in "Braves country", as they like to call it, I am loving every bit of this and have run serious smack with everyone around here in the Carolinas that root for that damn team. They have been very quick to point out that, despite their lack of post-season success against everyone else, that they had owned the Astros until last year. They even said the only reason we beat them last year was because of Carlo$, and, without him this year, they were going to beat them. And, as JBIIRockets reminded me, the last Astros game I attended before moving to NC was that infamous game 3 in '99 that Jordan and Weiss stole. I have endured the cracks when going to ATL for the Astros series in the regular season since I've moved out here. And now, for the second year in a row, I have been able to give it all back to those myopic Braves fans. The only thing that would be sweeter would be to do it again next year.

12. nigma2000

nigma2000 Member

I actually am happy that the Astros stuck it to Beltran at the end who left us to watch the postseason from his sofa. He must be wipping his tears with his millions right about now. :D

13. topfive

topfive CF OG

A few fun quotes from that board:

"This is the most heartbreaking loss I have ever seen as a Braves fan. I cant even talk."

"You can blame this loss on that crappy ballpark the Stros play in. That grand slam from Berkman had no right being a homer. You could see him slap the ball that way because he knows the park and how to take advantage of that short left-field porch. In any other park Langerhans catches that ball and four runs don't score."

"This only confirms my beliefs that the Astros are the luckiest team I've ever seen."

And to be fair, there was also this:

"Actually, I've never had anything against the Astros. They are a classy organization. I'm now going to root for them to beat the Cards and go on to win the World Series. It would be nice for Bagwell and Biggio to get a ring before they retire."

14. codell

codell Contributing Member

At first sight, I felt Lance's HR was a Crawford Box job.

But considering it landed halfway into the Cboxes and was a major line drive shot, I think that it would have still been a HR @ 330 with a 10 foot fence.

Same thing with Burke's HR, (since the same guy caught both).

Ausmus' shot was over 400' from what I read.

15. swilkins

swilkins Contributing Member

True dat

16. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I love it when they try to blame the park. Both teams have the left field advantage regardless. You have to blame the Braves for not getting it done. Look in a mirror, man.

As far as rubbing it in, I don't believe that is necessary. I am extremely glad we won, though, after being abused by the Braves in the playoffs for so many years. They needed to get a dose of their own medicine in a major way and they got an 18 inning mouthful.

We do have some luck on our side as well. But, great teams create luck and we have a great team that picks each other up.

17. JBIIRockets

Ah come on, it's just a little smack. I think many Astros fans feel the way I do in their minds. Houston sports fans have experienced more letdowns than moments like yesterday and I was just spilling out my thoughts. I was boiling over.

And we have no bad karma. It can't get any worse than what happened in 99 and 2001, and even 80 and 86 when the Astros blew three run leads in the late innings in critical playoff games.

18. Another Brother

Another Brother Contributing Member

19. droxford

droxford Member

Yeah - correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the braves play in the same stadium as the Astros last night? I mean, if it was "easy" for Lance to hit a HR, wouldn't it be equally easy for Chipper to hit a HR?

heh... sore losers.

I gotta say, there were some very close calls in that game, but (amazingly) they were all good calls as well.

Yes, Marcus Giles' (Braves) did lift his foot off 2nd base while trying to get Ausmus out in the top of the 8th.
    Yes, that long shot by Luke Scott was wide left by inches, but was properly called as being a foul.
    Yes, that shot by Ausmus did hit over the yellow stripe (by inches).

20. droxford

droxford Member