1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Zuckerberg 2020

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Commodore, Jan 4, 2017.

1. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Why does this matter?

2. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

He may just be bored, or finally at a resting point after checking off his entire bucket list by 30, or following Kevin Smith's logic in believing God exists because he has a career.

3. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

The ones in the fetching white ropes?

4. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

5. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Good.

We need someone in office that isn't a complete r****d when it comes to technology. Hillary, Obama, Trump. All completely ignorant, Obama less so than both Clinton and Trump, when it comes to the internet, cybersecurity, and digital privacy. The tech industry will suffer under Trump.

6. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Doubtful.

Value voters voted for a man who is not a Christian, only goes to church to get married, cheats on every wife, is racist, is a xenophobe, is a misogynist, brags about sexual assault, is a pathological liar, etc. If Trump was a Democrat, these value voters would be screaming from on high about how completely unfit this man would be for any political office.

The Christian first voters should not have voted for Trump, yet they did. This makes me think that they are truly Social Conservatives first voters.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  7. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yes, definitely strange when there were tons of Facebook posts after the election talking about how it was God's will and showed God's love for the United States.

8. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

I'm willing to bet tha, the new "political" zuck exists becasue protecting market share and buying off competitors is FB's most important long term strategy now - which requires regulatory approval more so than anything else.

9. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

As I said, end justifies the means isn't a foreign concept among the very religious right in the US. Doesn't mean they were not very uncomfortable with Trump.

As for the Catholic Midwestern folks, you should read up on that link. We know Clinton largely ignored those states that she thought was in the bag. I doubt she would lose them if she talked to that group, both about economics and Catholic values on love, respect, dignity, supporting the less fortunate and so on.

10. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

the bland vacuousness of this is impressive

11. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

will he run as a Democrat or Independent?

12. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I don't think this has to do with political aspirations on is part. Maybe he genuinely wants to travel the country and just talk to different people as is goal for this year. I respect that. Given how frequently the Republican critique of liberals is that they are "out of touch" with everyday Americans, I'd think they would respect that as well.

13. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Yea, and or its him trying to understand more to improve his product.

14. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Nailed it.

If Zuck was a known Republican, the reaction would be different.

#34 A_3PO, Jan 19, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2017
  15. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

16. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

So you conclude from that he must be planning to run for office?

I don't. Shifting from atheism to a sort of agnosticism really means nothing. That's simply a change of attitude. It's not like he became a born again Christian.

As to the rest, all it says to me is that he evidently wants to affect change in the world in a positive way, or at least give the appearance of it.

It doesn't necessarily mean he's angling to become a politician.

He also decided in the past to learn Chinese and he did it. What did you conclude from that?

17. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Did he find Jesus? or will the country elect a Jewish president.

18. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Agree on the vacuousness, but it reads as much like CEO-speak as political stumping. I could see this as content in a CEO blog for Facebook employees written by Internal Comms.

Anyway, he'd be a terrible candidate for president. Young, ultra-elite Jewish liberal. I don't see how that plays well in most states. If he wants to do politics, he should start with the California governorship. He might have a shot there.

19. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

He's only 5'7". He'd be the shortest president in a long time.