1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Zuckerberg 2020

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Commodore, Jan 4, 2017.

1. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

couldn't be more transparent if he tried, suddenly finds religion

2. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Rich businessman suddenly finding "religion" just before running for office... gee, who could that describe? btw, I find it interesting that Trump has chosen televangelist Paula White as his pastor.

3. Nook

Nook Member

Well........ he could potentially hold a great deal of appeal.

He is extremely bright, has a modern family (his wife is not white)..... he has a lot of knowledge on issues that will only become more important with time..... AND he has around $50,000,000,000,000 he can mobilize to run for office, and a VERY impressive group of friends.

4. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I think he's deeply imbedded in a coastal tech bubble, would have very little appeal in a majority of states, and let's face it: if you are accurately and successfully played by Eisenberg, you have no chance for national office.

[​IMG]

*cringing emoji*

Astrodome, da_juice and Sooner423 like this.
  5. Buck Turgidson

Yet Lex Luthor just got elected.

MadMax, Nivos and AroundTheWorld like this.
  6. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

7. RocketWalta

RocketWalta Member

I find it pretty indicative of who Donald is, and therefore not surprising. She's a hell of a con(wo)man too.

Zuckerberg is an interesting figure, because he's not all that polarizing at the moment, as HRC was. Currently, I doubt he has enough broad appeal, but the Facebook is hella' ubiquitous. This all really depends on what happens in 4 years; how Trump does and whether Marky Z. can appeal to those looking for a personality to vote for.

8. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

How will the is impact Kanye's 2020 presidential campaign?

9. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Yeah, but he grabbed the p***y and get away with it?

Modern family does not play in middle America.

Extremely bright and knowledge on issues does not play.

Rich does play.

10. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Not as much as The Rock's will.

11. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Not the character I was thinking of...
    More like...
    [​IMG]
    "They not send their best superfriends come over here. Some
    good people, me assume, but others not so mulch."

daywalker02 likes this.
  12. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

I read this very differently.

Mark Zuckerberg sees the writing on the wall. Facebook is now synonymous with fake news and turning into the homepage for the worst of the internet. Furthermore, His social network is facing the slow death of Context Collapse, a term Facebook insiders actually use to describe the sharp decline in personal engagement and intimate postings on the network because a user's various social circles have all collapsed into one when everyone and their grandmother is on the same network. This is the slow kiss of death for social networks. Meanwhile, Snapchat is devouring the 13-30 demographic, the holy grail of advertising. No wonder Zuckerberg unsuccessfully tried to outright buy Snapchat and now is doing his best to copy Snapchat with Instagram Stories and Facebook Live.

So, I see this move as Zuckerberg laying the groundwork for life after Facebook.

sugrlndkid and da_juice like this.
  13. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Does Zuckerberg really need to "find religion" in order to run for Prez? Christians just elected Trump. The guy who grabs p*****s and never mentions his "faith" unless he is asked directly about it. True Christians dislike Trump as he's not what they stand for. An atheist Zuckerberg has more in common with Christian values than a "Christian" Trump does. Didn't an atheist Zuck pledge to give away 99% of his lifetime fortune to charities? How much does a Christian Trump give?

When will America stop putting so much emphasis on being Christian? I would have loved to see an atheist like Zuckerberg run for President. It'll be a positive step in normalizing non Christian electoral candidates, even if Zuck doesn't win this time.

MadMax likes this.
  14. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

George Washington wasn't particularly religious. I don't think the religion stuff matters too terribly much to people as long as they know they aren't going to be attacked for their beliefs.

sugrlndkid and TheresTheDagger like this.
  15. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

Think again.

[​IMG]

16. Exiled

Exiled Member

what's your favourite book?
    "eh..eh..eh..Bible! "everyone clap*clap*
    it's important to grab voters by the.... religion

17. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

His facebook post in answering the question "but aren't you an Atheist" is "No. I was raised Jewish and then I went through a period where I questioned things, but now I believe religion is very important." That probably got translated to "HE FOUND RELIGION!". Maybe there are other quotes from him, but that doesn't imply he just found religion, or does it imply he's religious, but just that he recognize it's important. Just recognizing it is probably good enough, especially if you aren't running with the "R" label. But I haven't read anything here to lend me to believe he's even considering that.

Concerning Trump. Trump has a very religious running mate. And the end justifies the means isn't a foreign concept among the very religious right in the US.

EDIT: Plus, Clinton lost her chance to win over some religious folks by ignoring them.

18. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

Maybe while he's touring the country - all 50 states - he can do some recruitment from among the thousand or so underemployed (or over-educated) Bernie Bros.

19. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

That was a little while ago.

20. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Lol yeah I know :D just having some fun