1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Zone Defense vs. Longer Teams

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by D-rock, Feb 3, 2020.

1. D-rock

D-rock Member

DeBeards likes this.
  2. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

Nice article and good points!

unfortunately, after reading it i feel extremely concerned that nearly a half of 2019-2020 season past we are still tweak on our roster, finding the identify of our game and most desperately not even thought about (i suppose) in post-season how to lock in key players (big guard like great freak or LBJ) of rivalry teams full of long men, not mentioned zone D in the clutch hour.

in addition to a/m, its terribly sad…cuz I believe,
    we and our game strategies kinda exposed w/ no secret to potential rivalry teams, as it said in the article its out of question opps will tighten the D by playing zone defense on us to cut connection between the beard and mates, its very likely there would be no countermeasure on / off court based on a history MDA had got used to free fall and left things to players in crucial games.:(:(:(:(:(

#2 DeBeards, Feb 3, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2020
  3. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Requires too much effort and communication for this team.

better to just switch everything... which if you think about it is kind of like a zone anyway.

Rocket River likes this.
  4. bmelo

bmelo Member

2020 - NBA is discovering proper zone defense. You may as well start watchin Euroleague right now if you want to see good basketball and not rec-level tactics which NBA serves right now. My God i pray for another Phil Jackson/Poppovich soon