1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Zion Williamson's weight

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by rockbox, Feb 15, 2020.

1. bmelo

bmelo Member

Dude is 19 and we talking about overweight, conditioning and bad moving patterns... he will unfortunately have a short career and its a fact

2. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Yeah I think it was this thread I mentioned 'once you see it...' -- it's like one leg is a little shorter and could explode at any moment.

3. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Bol bol doesn’t have this problem

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

FAT!

"The Pelicans have been very careful not to insult him in any way."

LOL

Scout: Zion Williamson Moving Worse Than He Did In Summer League

The New Orleans Pelicans have played Zion Williamson limited minutes since the NBA's restart, which has received criticism from some corners as being too cautious, but there are some that believe he shouldn't be playing at all. Williamson hasn't been nearly as effective over the Pelicans' first two games as he was when the season was suspended in March.

"Zion is not on their injury report," said Brian Windhorst on his podcast. "They are treating him as though he's coming back from an injury, but he's not on their injury report. I cannot make an assumption as to what's going on there. When you watch him play, he clearly is not in condition to compete at the highest level. As I've watched him play two games, I don't actually think they should have played him at all with the way he's playing. I talked to a scout who said to me he shouldn't be out there right now with the condition he is in. He said to me, 'He's moving worse than he did in Summer League last summer when he got hurt in his first or second game.'

"I don't know if that's because he's out of condition, or that's because he's got something that they're not discussing. This is one of the things that the Pelicans have to deal with... this is a guy who has a history of knee injuries and is not right either because of conditioning or because of something else."

Williamson was gone from the Pelicans for over a week and then was under quarantine for a few days when he returned to Orlando.

"He does not look right," said Kirk Goldsberry. "It does not look good. I don't know if I would go so far as to say he shouldn't be out there because I don't know... Something smells fishy here. I don't know what's going on. He does not look like the kid that was dominating the league in March."

Windhorst and Goldsberry also talked about how many young players need time to grow into their bodies and that may be the case with Williamson.

"The Pelicans have been very careful not to insult him in any way," said Windhorst.

tinman and KingCheetah like this.
  5. CrazyJoeDavola

Holy cow. Might as well call him "Three Sandwiches"

tinman likes this.
  6. tinman

Supporting Member

Two Mufulattas

7. roslolian

roslolian Member

What happened to ripped Zion? lol. I thought he lost like 15 pounds he looks even fatter now.

8. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

He looked explosive vs MEM in short spurts. I am hoping he starts to take fitness seriously because it gets harder as you get older.

Hakeemtheking and B-Bob like this.
  9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I swear the media is probably reporting how many times he frequents the loo if they could.... getting hilarious.

Mind other biznesses while he is working himself in shape.

Even if he is a bust, I hope Pels get a good 1 or 2 seasons out of him before he fizzles out.

10. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

https://theathletic.com/1976953/202...t-his-own-body/?source=twitterhq&redirected=1

Lawlruschang and snowconeman22 like this.
  11. eman

eman Contributing Member

Hope the best for him. Also for Anthony Bennett. Anyone know how Anthony Bennett's doing these days?

Lawlruschang likes this.
  12. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

13. tinman

Supporting Member

Wow maybe Bol Bol might be the true star of that class next to Ja

14. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

From explosive to exploded.

15. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

16. KingCheetah

This Spurs game is funny with the quick cuts to angry, chubby Zion on the bench.

17. KingCheetah

18. KingCheetah

JVG: Zion needs to lose weight...

19. Juxtaposed Jolt

Any dietitians in here? How much weight can he realistically lose but still maintain an NBA body?

A Covid-shortened NBA season along with no real hopes for the Pelicans to make any noise in the playoffs, is a blessing in disguise for Zion, I think.

Now he gets to go through an NBA offseason (as short as it may be) to properly evaluate his diet, conditioning, etc.

When you're the best athlete in HS/college, young and can move as well as he does/did, you tend to shut out the criticisms of "you need to lose weight." But if there's legitimate concern for Zion's health moving forward, then there needs to be an intervention, of sorts.

20. Lawlruschang

Lawlruschang Member

are you a doctor? or a guy who isn't a doctor who thinks their opinion is worth anything next to a doctor's?