1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2016 NBA Draft/2-43] Zhou Qi

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jun 23, 2016.

?

Do you like the selection of Zhou Qi?

Poll closed Oct 26, 2016.
  1. YES

67.8%
  2. NO

32.2%
  1. Asian Sensation

I seriously love his captions lol

xtruroyaltyx and topfive like this.
  2. CCorn

CCorn Member

97% of Clutchfans is Asian*

*Asian being that everyone on Clutchfans is Asian

3. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Yikes!!

4. dmoneybangbang

Which is another why he'll need a year in the G League.

saleem likes this.
  5. hakeemthagreat

Is that why Qi is so highly praised here? Hmmm

6. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

I thought Albanians (humans, rabbits and other species) by definition have no melanin at all...

apollo33 and noppeper like this.
  7. CCorn

CCorn Member

Omer Asik is an Asian nba player. Why he no get love?

8. roslolian

roslolian Member

Big men are usually a long term project, not everyone is like Capela. De Andre Jordan for example took 6 seasons before he broke double digit scoring and rebs.

You just want to see progress every year and i think Joe is showing that just compare him from this year where he looks like a low lotto pick to last year where he looked like a bust.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  9. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

They are not, they are Euros. Euros are not white people. White people are high motor, Euros have high basketball IQ.

10. RockingRox

RockingRox Member

Not sure he is an Asian 'cause his home town could be to the west to Istanbul, which would mean he's an European?

saleem likes this.
  11. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

I don't know if I agree with low lotto pick .... but he's at least looking like a real prospect . Maybe a fringe first rounder . Don't get me wrong , his upside is huge ... but he has a LONG way to go .

Also , I believe that Qi panning out to his full potential happens as a PF and not a C . I know the league is positionless right now , but there will always be ebbs and flows . Also what I mean by that is there is no way he can guard post - up bigs right now . He is best as a weak side - help defender

D-rock and Corrosion like this.
  12. Swiss Roll

Swiss Roll Member

Many a "Are Turks White?" debate has popped up on the internet (mostly on videos pertaining to the ottoman empire) and I won't bring one here.

but to awnser the question, turks are genetically a whole lot closer to the "white" side then they are the "asian" side.

13. roslolian

roslolian Member

He had 17 7 in just 22 in the game prior that he had 12 8 in just 23 mins that is comparable to guys like Ayton who had 17 and 13 in 23 mins his last game. He is absolutely playing like a low lotto pick.

Fringe first rounders:
    Omari Spellman (30th): 10 10 30%FG
    Dzanan Musa (29th) 0 0 0
    Robert Williams (25th) 0 0 0

How the hell is Zhou playing like a fringe first rounder? I think Morey spoiled you guys like RJ hunter and Chinanu are what you usually get for fringe first round and 2nd round picks.

Little Bit likes this.
  14. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Really ? Summer league stats over 4 games?

I mean that in general his talent looks about end of round 1 so far .

Do you think GM's would take Zhou Qi over Ayton right now ?

He's had some nice games . He doesn't look like an all-star talent .

I think you took the "playing like " waaaay too literally .

15. roslolian

roslolian Member

Ayton is the top 1 pick how does that translate to low lotto pick?

And since when did low lotto pick turn into all star talent?

From what I can see you have a big issue in your view point, you think the low lotto pick should be a future all star and challenge the no 1 pick wtf.

What I'm trying to say to you is in general end of round 1 and below picks turn out to be scrubs who are let go once their contract ends. What Zhou Qi is doing right given his age and potential is equivalent to a low lotto pick, in the 10-14 range. I took Ayton as a comparison just to temper your expectations because you think a lotto pick should average 30 15 in summer league otherwuse he is end of round 1 wtf.

16. phantoman

phantoman Contributing Member

For a guy that is clumsy looking. He is anythinf but. Say clip of him doing a Eurostar in game. He can run the floor. He can shoot and he can post and set screen and block. His upside is up there he just needs more pt, I felt the nba game moved to fast for him still. I am hoping this is the year it slows down for him and next year cracks the rotation.

D-rock and BigShasta like this.
  17. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I think he's at least a mid-first round pick talent/value to most teams ...maybe even more if you consider the China marketing angle. This is one asset which has actually gone up in value. I think he's good enough to hold onto and develop. And i have, perhaps naive, hopes that Zhou Qi and Capela will one day form a very dynamic and powerful front court. Both have a very high ceiling in my opinion.

topfive likes this.
  18. phantoman

phantoman Contributing Member

Secretly I want cap and qi to be that way too. And possibly be on the court starting. Think of a double screen, both rolling out. 1 toward the goal the other opening up ....nice

Aruba77 likes this.
  19. Zergling

Zergling Member

Statistics is just that -- a statistic. It's up to good, rational, responsible critical thinkers to take data and extract proper context from said data to reach a good conclusion. You just proved that you are not one of those people.

csj likes this.
  20. MD_in_Training

It's always hard to gauge NBA performance from Summer League, but Zhou has looked A LOT better this year compared to last year. That, more than anything else, is what is most promising.

He's certainly got the tools to develop into a player who can give us 15-20 meaningful minutes a game.

In terms of draft position, he's definitely looking more like a end of lotto or middle of 1st round type of player.