1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Game 3 between the Knicks and Pacers in Indiana. Join us as we watch the NBA playoffs together...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Zero to do with Rockets, but I gotta question

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Pass 1st shoot 2nd, Apr 6, 2000.

1. Pass 1st shoot 2nd

Pass 1st shoot 2nd Contributing Member

Forget Michael Ray Richardson. What the hell happened to Stanford's Arthur Lee? I have been searching the internet and can't find...( well, y'all know). Seriously, where is Mr. Lee? He was a stud and he oughta be in the NBA. Can somebody help me out here?

2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I heard he picked up a nasty habit to Shoot 1st and Pass 2nd, which obviously doesn't result in many passes. So, he took a quick exit.

I have a question: Who the hell is Michael Ray Richardson?

3. grummett

grummett Contributing Member

Micheal Ray Richardson was a guard for the Knicks and Nets who fell in love with the NY nightlife and literally partied himself out of the league. He has spent the last 40 years of his career in Europe, I believe.

------------------

4. alaskansnowman

ALSO, adding to Grummett's statement...

Michael Ray Richardson was supposed to be a legend in the making. They had a program about him on TNT, and he seemed to be really good. They compared him to Magic and even to the Jordan. But he got on drugs, and got kicked out.

------------------
    treasurer of the moochie norris fan club

5. BobFinn*

BobFinn* Contributing Member

Micheal Ray coulda been better than Jordan.

------------------
    "The bigger they are, the worse they smell."

6. Pass 1st shoot 2nd

So nobody knows where Arthur Lee is now? Sports Illustrated called him the best college player in the country in summer of 1998 article. He didn't get drafted, but did he even enter the draft. Guys, he took over the show after Brevin Knight left and really put on a shoe in the final 4 (elite 8?) in 1998. What the hell happened to him? BTW, Heypartner, Michael Ray Richardson was a below the rim player that rebounded his ass off, passed very well, shot a great percentage, played blistering defense (ask Isiah Thomas, and did al of this when he wasn't still f'd up from the night before (or pre-game warm-up). I've seen some game footage of him and he WAS amazing.

7. Achebe

Achebe Contributing Member

that Michael Ray Richardson show was rad. Magic, Isiah, Vinnie et. al. were saying that had he played out his career he would have been one of the top 5 of all time.

It was also cool, b/c it showed David Stern the human. He was shaken up describing how horrible it was having to throw out Richardson b/c of cocaine saying (paraphrasing) "it's great to tell the public that you have rules... but to actually to enforce them is a different story. Having to throw out Michael Ray Richardson was the hardest thing I've ever done"

------------------

8. Francis3

Francis3 Member

Nobody will be as good as jordan and no one will ever be better than jordan.

------------------
    President of the Moochie Norris FAN CLUB

9. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

Im better than Jordon.

------------------
    CriscoKidd ...

the official mascot for the S.F.B.W.C.

10. Pass 1st shoot 2nd

I'm better than CriscoKid, and I've never even met him. Even if I'm not, at least I'm confident.

11. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Pass 1st, Shoot 2nd

I'll take Crisco. He never has turnovers on the playground. Only when he is practicing making flakey turnovers with his ball of crisco at home.

Besides, foo...You can't beat anyone one-on-one with your playing philosophy (who are going to pass to)?

12. Pass 1st shoot 2nd

HeyPartner,
    I'll pass to myself off of the backboard. Then I'll fly up in the air and dunk on his ass. Just kidding Crisco.

13. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

[​IMG]

I know you are kidding. Arrogant b*stard! [​IMG] Im too slippery to contain!

------------------
    CriscoKidd ...

14. Achebe

Let's play, I'm quite the athlete, last year I was all schoolyard.

------------------

15. Pass 1st shoot 2nd

If I can't cant contain you, I can pain you. I study Karl Malone, fool! Seriously, I live in San Antonio while I'm finishing law school, but I'd love to play some games against/with som BBS folks, say at Fonde Rec Center or a good YMCA. A lot of us talk, but how many of us can play.

16. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

That would be pretty cool. I play at least 3 to 4 times a week. Love to take you on if I wasnt stuck so far down here close to the border!

Its fun down here though, cuz at 6'0", Im taller than most. I dont have a consistent jumper, but I board, drive, play D and post like crazy.

------------------
    CriscoKidd ...

17. Achebe

I'm a smaller less athletic version of Matt Bullard (where's my glucosamine?), and I also live in Utah, otherwise that'd be rad.

------------------

18. Pass 1st shoot 2nd

I'm 5'10 (hopefully closer to 5'11)
    and play like an old school small forward. I can shoot the daylights out
    from 18' and in, and am fairly consistent with the 3 ball. Driving is my
    favorite thing to do, but since I'm not a terrific ballhandler (and without
    hops), I usually wind up kissing shots high off the glass or settling for
    pull-up jumpers in traffic (I'm good at those). As far as the post-up
    game goes, I'm your man on defense, or on offense if I'm in the high
    post and can use a pick to sweep to the basket or pass.
    I love Momma, but if she married a taller man I could dominate the CBA.
    C'mon guys. Let's set a date this summer where as many of us as possible meet up in Houston on the weekend and see who's the best armchair quarterback in action. I'll set it up if I can get a batch list of e-mail addresses.

19. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Pee 1st Ess 2nd,

According to sportsline, they never predicted him to be much of a pro player :
    http://cbs.sportsline.com/u/basketball/nba/1999/draft/arthur_lee.htm

Here's a pre-draft review of Lee by Sporting News :
    http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/draft/profiles/lee_arthur.html

I remember most people thought he was a 2nd round pick, but I don't recall him being drafted. I could be wrong. Anyway, his final year at Stanford, I remember he killed some of his chances at being picked higher by shooting terribly from the floor. And Micheal Ray Richardson was one hell of a defender. His name is synonymous with "steal".

------------------
    <this space for rent>

[This message has been edited by Dr of Dunk (edited April 07, 2000).]

20. MoonDogg

MoonDogg Member

There's always someone bigger and better just around the corner. Haven't you learned that yet?