1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Zeller

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by The Rock MVP, Jun 25, 2013.

Tags:
  1. The Rock MVP

The Rock MVP Member

I don't know about you guys but I really like the guy. After Oladipo and Burke, he seems like the most ready to make an instant impact on the NBA.

7 footer and falling on draft boards. I wouldn't mind trading D-mo to get him late lottery

2. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

@WojYahooNBA: One thing everyone in lottery says: No one's readiness for NBA has impressed them more than the IU players - Victor Oladipo and Cody Zeller.

I feel like a proud papa.

3. basketballholic

I totally agree. I'd give DMo, Trob, and one of GSmith/Ohlbrecht AND our 2014 first rounder to get this guy. I think he has the potential to be a top 5 power forward within 2 years. I think he's a rotation big immediately backing up both 4 and 5 spots. I think he'll have a long and successful career. I think he fits in here with this team great.

And I like DMo. Was really rooting for him last year. Wanted him to start next to Asik. I still feel DMo should have been the starter at the beginning of the season next to Asik and we should have brought PPat off the bench for Asik. But that's water under the bridge.

I think if Portland(or whoever was willing to draft Zeller and trade him for this package) was able to get DMO, plus the pick that we get for TRob (perhaps #16 or #19 or #20) plus either Smith/Ohlbrecht or a future 2nd rounder that we got for them plus our 2014 first in a deep draft that they would be getting very good value for that #10 pick.

And this type of move clears enough cap to sign Dwight to a max deal as well.

Your big rotation becomes: Dwight/Asik/Zeller/TJones/Ohlbrecht or Smith or possibly a guy like Ryan Kelly in the 2nd round or in free agency.

That's a nice tight big man group and championship quality.

4. haoafu

haoafu Contributing Member

Oladipo is much better. Zeller is limited by his size(similar to Trob in overall reach/length).

5. Chamillionaire

I like both of them as well. If Zeller goes to Philly at 11, that would be a good pick for them there. After this pick, I think the talent level drops. 1-11 (1st tier players this year). 2-35ish (2nd tier players this year).