1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Zach Lowe's End of Season Awards

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jordnnnn, Apr 16, 2013.

1. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

2. wfeebs

wfeebs Member

Hes easily the best basketball writer out there....the way he breaks things down is just top notch. Refreshing to read some of his stuff

3. Genuine

Genuine Member

very nice read

4. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

No way Omer should be that high in DPOY. I think Sanders is the better defender.

5. Akim523

Akim523 Member

Zach Lowe is more credible that all of you combine.

6. rocketsfeeva

rocketsfeeva Member

Isn't the Rockets number 1 in halfcourt defense with Asik in?

7. Pukimonster

Pukimonster Member

Zach Lowe should have his own show on ESPN

8. Akim523

Akim523 Member

Zach is too good for BSPN, dont put him next to douches like Stephen A Smith or S Bayless.

9. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

[​IMG]

Also

He is 2nd in blocks per game (blocks are important, it scares players driving to the rim), 7th in defensive rating, higher defensive win share.

And heck, players like Lebron have a larger defensive impact then Asik.

10. Habs

Habs Member

I said that Duncan was a step above Harden in the Suns game thread in terms of overall play, people on this forum brushed it off.

Like I said, Duncan is going to be the best player in a 7 game series against the Rockets.

The difference between Zach Lowe rating Duncan an "A level" player and Harden an "A- level player" whereas fans on this forum think the opposite, is Zach Lowe and I both #watchbasketball. #trueNBAfans #TheGreatTimDuncan

11. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

When Asik is on court, other teams score about 7.6 points per 48min less than when he is off. Oddly, he did the same thing with Chicago..and Chicago had Noah playing center when Asik was off the court. Asik doesn't foul much either.

Harden has almost as many defensive win share as Asik. Durant is second in the NBA in DWS. Not the best stat.

Sanders is very deserving of accolades. I try to take most defensive stats with a weary eye as sometimes they just aren't good.

Whether Sanders or Asik is better, I don't know. I do know that not many players if any with considerable time can make a bigger impact defensively on his team than the 7.6 points per 48min.

12. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

Zach is great but I disagree with his assessment that Lillard is more deserving than Davis because he played way more minutes. That argument usually has merit if the player who played more minutes lead the other superior player in "total value added" stats like win shares, VS, EWA, etc, but that is not the case here. Davis contributed more to wins this season in TOTAL even with way less minutes than Lillard statistically. Who is more valuable to a company: a guy who made $1 mil for the company working part-time or a guy who made $500k for a company working full-time?

13. roxxy

roxxy Member

James Harden over Tony Parker? Not sure I agree with that. Also no Roy Hibbert over Joakim Noah for DPOY? And JR Smith over Jarret Jack?

14. RocketFever

RocketFever Member

I want to think Asik is a stud defender, but his Synergy rating is garbage. He is ranked 249th in points per possession. Compare that to DHoward (19th), Noah (60th) and Tyson Chandler (68th). Omer is definitely one of the best rebounders in the league, which boosts his and our team's defensive stats, but in terms of one-on-one and help defense, I don't think he's a top 5 defensive Center in that regard, let alone player.

15. RocketFever

RocketFever Member

Oh, and Larry Sanders is tied w/ Chandler at 68th w/ a .8 PPP...Omer has a .89 PPP

16. SC1211

SC1211 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Zach Lowe is one of the best writers. When he and Simmons do podcasts, it's worth a listen.

17. TheLastPope

TheLastPope Member

Dude its TIM DUNCAN , there is no debate

18. TheLastPope

TheLastPope Member

yup, Asik would be 9 or ten as DMVP

Sanders gets no luv because he plays on the Bucks(Small Market)

19. nbalopez23

nbalopez23 Member

Ridiculous how our very own so called fans underestimate our players. He'll I'll vote Asik as the DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE YEAR

20. felixng2012

felixng2012 Member

Bargnani is ranked 2nd in that study.... So I take it with a huge grain of salt. Many outliers.